The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
AS 2
Small bug on aston 2
Attached images
lfs_as2bug.jpg
I didnt know where to post this and didnt wanna create another thread but would it be possible to have an option to delete all previous versions of all the mods (and only keep the current) from the LFS folder, since my LFS folder is over 25GB now and over 4500 subfolders in mods folder. I know its for replay compatibility but I feel like the folder would just keep growing and growing..
Quote from neonmateo :I didnt know where to post this and didnt wanna create another thread but would it be possible to have an option to delete all previous versions of all the mods (and only keep the current) from the LFS folder, since my LFS folder is over 25GB now and over 4500 subfolders in mods folder. I know its for replay compatibility but I feel like the folder would just keep growing and growing..

Maybe have a user set limit of size and the game clears out mods sorted by last use would help yeah, I find myself clearing the folder manually after some time to keep it from growing too much
Is it a small enough job to add a player's license level to the NCN (or NCI) packet? And if not, could it go on a list?

I had always thought it was in InSim somewhere, but having had a need to use it this week I've found I was confusing it with having seen reference to a host's license level. It's not in PubStat, and I've failed to extract it from LFSWorld (calling the relevant page from externally gives an error). Currently I'm scraping forum pages, but there are issues with that too that cause some misses.

There's only one spare byte in NCN, but maybe it could be 2/3 bits in the flags instead. Plenty of space in NCI, if it's OK to restrict the info to InSims who receive that one.
successful
Smile
Quote from neonmateo :I didnt know where to post this and didnt wanna create another thread but would it be possible to have an option to delete all previous versions of all the mods (and only keep the current) from the LFS folder, since my LFS folder is over 25GB now and over 4500 subfolders in mods folder.

This feature is often requested and I made a start on it last week. The idea to make a list of mod folders then you have 3 options of mods to keep:

- latest versions of mods
- local test mods
- replay mods

The first two are easy. I'd like to include the replay option as I know I have old replays in which the mods have since been deleted. Only trouble is I need to make a replay search function to identify the mods, which is a more complicated.

Quote from Racon :Is it a small enough job to add a player's license level to the NCN (or NCI) packet? And if not, could it go on a list?

I have added a License byte to the IS_NCI packet and that will be available when a new server version is available. I haven't actually tested it yet but it is coded.
As some of you may know I've entered the MRc E-Challenge for Round 4 this Sunday. Smile

As I was learning the course I thought it would be nice to be able to see it instead of a plain rectangle.

In D11 the Layout Square small map now shows the concrete objects as shown in the attached image.
Attached images
lfs_00000091.jpg
That's excellent!
Quote from Scawen :As some of you may know I've entered the MRc E-Challenge for Round 4 this Sunday. Smile

As I was learning the course I thought it would be nice to be able to see it instead of a plain rectangle.

In D11 the Layout Square small map now shows the concrete objects as shown in the attached image.

Nice work, but that'd be great to have it on any open track using layouts. Thumbs up
That's excellent and yes something similar for layouts would rock.
Can we have more gears in LFS? Like in present day new cars can have 10 (8 forward, neutral and reverse), even 12 (10+2).
And for trucks it may be 14 (12+2) some trucks even have 18 gears.
I wonder that can you add this in to the game?
Quote from humuk78 :Can we have more gears in LFS? Like in present day new cars can have 10 (8 forward, neutral and reverse), even 12 (10+2).
And for trucks it may be 14 (12+2) some trucks even have 18 gears.
I wonder that can you add this in to the game?

This is not a general suggestion thread. Please keep the posts related to this test patch only.

Mod System Suggestions
Improvement Suggestions

(it surprises me how many people still don't understand this concept Uhmm)
Something Eric asked me about recently, combined with another thing I noticed regarding the E-challenge, makes me want to do a quick update.

Eric's suggestion is a keypress to cycle the F9 to F12 status screens.

My answer is something like a /status command.

How about:
/status [none/F9/F10/F11/F12/next/prev]

So for Eric's request you would assign to an F key (and wheel button) the following text command:
/status next

How it relates to E-Challenge: on this thread there are some scripts designed to make it easy to set pit instructions to change tyres, when conditions change to wet or dry.

But it is possible for these scripts to go wrong if you aren't careful as they rely on the starting conditions being correct. This is because they use left and right arrow key presses, which change things (e.g. tyres) relative to the current value.

They go into or out of the status screens with commands like /press F12 (which also has the problem that F12 is a toggle, so if you are already in that screen you would exit the screen instead of entering it.

So I was thinking this could be better if there were some very positive commands that don't rely on the current setting.

I was thinking of a command /pitreq, that could work like this:
/pitreq ftyre R2
/pitreq repair yes
/pitreq cancel
/pitreq rcamber -2

I hope you get the idea and I just thought I'd put that out there as I hope to do a quick job on it, and maybe someone thinks of something I haven't thought of.

I think the following /pitreq options are needed, though it's not fully considered yet.

fuel
tyrechange
repair
symmetric

ftyre
fcamber_l (aka fcamber if symmetrical)
fpressure_l (aka fpressure if symmetrical)
fcamber_r
fpressure_r
fwing

rtyre
rcamber_l (aka rcamber if symmetrical)
rpressure_l (aka rpressure if symmetrical)
rcamber_r
rpressure_r
rwing
For the longest time I basically had a set of scripts to do just that with the F9-F12 menus.
Quote from Scawen :Something Eric asked me about recently, combined with another thing I noticed regarding the E-challenge, makes me want to do a quick update.

Eric's suggestion is a keypress to cycle the F9 to F12 status screens.

My answer is something like a /status command.

How about:
/status [none/F9/F10/F11/F12/next/prev]

So for Eric's request you would assign to an F key (and wheel button) the following text command:
/status next

That is something we have been needing for a long time (and that's extremely good to have you engage in some races as then you clearly see the need).
On my main computer I use the script from the wiki but it forces some work that could be fine tuned into LFS directly. Right now I am away from home I play on a shitty laptop and I did not programed it. It is a must have when playing VR too.
Wiki:
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide#.22F9_.3E_F10_.3E_F11_.3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle

As for F12 I still have hard time using it in race especially in VR I have to have Fx working and arrows correctly set (once I had double detent and I was screwed). For energy (fuel...) Having a +- button that opens F12 and shows amount to fuel would be great. Having direct access to repair button yes/no would be great too. I could have all that on the flick of the an encoder switch.
Cars with brake repartition might work the same way too.
During the heat of the race I really prefer as much direct control as possible and not too much menu navigation.

Also on fuel menu, show the time for refuel, in electric race it is crucially important.

Thanks for the work and sorry if my answer is partially a feature proposal.

Nice to have (would please not that much people I guess) having easy possibilities for button redundancy (like two different buttons for horn, possible through script) or axis redundancy (more complex) because maybe I want to switch easily between old school brake and load cell brake, or my gas pedals has double sensor beacause it is a bmw pedal...
Quote from Scawen :How it relates to E-Challenge: on this thread there are some scripts designed to make it easy to set pit instructions to change tyres, when conditions change to wet or dry.

Is there a hidden wet condition in LFS? Uhmm
Oh yes please!
That would allow to use rotary switches for the cycle without having to do "advanced thinking". Just use /status next and /status prev
Quote from loopingz :That is something we have been needing for a long time ...
Wiki: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide#.22F9_.3E_F10_.3E_F11_.3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle

OK, I think that's exactly what Eric was talking about.

Quote from loopingz :For energy (fuel...) Having a +- button that opens F12 and shows amount to fuel would be great.

Please explain a bit more - I don't know what this means.

Quote from loopingz :Having direct access to repair button yes/no would be great too. I could have all that on the flick of the an encoder switch.

I think that will be:
/pitreq repair [yes/no]

Quote from loopingz :
Cars with brake repartition might work the same way too.
During the heat of the race I really prefer as much direct control as possible and not too much menu navigation.

I think you are now talking about live settings? F11 menu? I understand this seems like a similar thing but I won't look at that for now.

Quote from Yisc :Is there a hidden wet condition in LFS? Uhmm

You can look in the guide on the linked page, it is a pretend wet condition, drivers must pit and use road tyres if the rain comes (declared by the organiser). The cars are harder to handle so it's similar to real life, even if there is no actual rain.
Quote from Scawen :OK, I think that's exactly what Eric was talking about.

Yes I think so.

Quote from Scawen :
Please explain a bit more - I don't know what this means.

So currently to change my refuel settings I do:
F12 active (either F12 or cycle to F12)
Arrows down to fuel,
Side arrows to adjust (and then surprise duration at the time needed to refuel)
By +/- I mean having two commands like
/pitreq Fuel+
/pitreq Fuel-
Same could be applied to tire change condition

I think that touching /pitreq whatever should popup F12 menu if not already there. Or maybe just a text (like the one for force feedback adjustment?)

Quote from Scawen :
I think that will be:
/pitreq repair [yes/no]

Perfect. I would have it cycle repair yes or no
/pitreq cancel would it cancel repair fuel or everything?

Quote from Scawen :
I think you are now talking about live settings? F11 menu? I understand this seems like a similar thing but I won't look at that for now.

Yes I was talking about F11 menu but I think I have only used it once in my life for a brake balance adjustment. So for me no big deal at all. F12 well I use it at every race with pitstop.
Thanks, I see what you mean about not only setting specific values, but also to increase / decrease settings or to toggle damage repair, and the idea of possibly displaying the result in a temporary message (like the one that is shown for FF adjustment).

For multiple changes it might be good to show them in chat. Maybe "set a specific value" could be in a chat message, but "increase / decrease / toggle a value" could be in a temporary message. Maybe that would work.

I'm not sure about always bringing up the F12 menu when a value is changed. It might be quite nice to keep it hidden (or visible, according to the user setting). Maybe it's not needed to show it (as you already mentioned, if there is a text message displayed).
Yes we either need a text or be in the menu (text might be the cleaner solution), otherwise you could mess up without noticing.
OK, the /status command is implemented in D12.
/status next will go through the F9 to F12 screens.

I don't really have time this evening for /pitreq but after the relevant research (including in the code and on this thread) it should be quite easy to implement in the morning.
It would be great to have a command for adjusting the brake balance. Even if its called also /pitreq BrakeBalance+-
Quote from NeOn_sp :It would be great to have a command for adjusting the brake balance. Even if its called also /pitreq BrakeBalance+-

I would just be happy if it worked for GTRs and NGT with arrows as it does on FO8/BF1.
R/L to adjust bbal, up/down to cycle to ARB settings without having to menu dive, which is frankly annoying.

Is the reason for this missing FXR and FZR not having displays (could pro or something else i'm missing? (maybe a virtual one a la FO8 with wheel disabled could be used)
Should work at least with the NGTs if that's the case.

If this is too much for the test patch, then please consider this for future development.

Failing that, yes, at least a dedicated keybind/command to adjust bbal would be nice.
Could echo the value somewhere on the screen
Something has come up and I won't have time to code the /pitreq command today.

I've uploaded a fix for the command /status F12 which did not work.

More thoughts on /pitreq. Maybe it should be /pitins (pit instructions) to be consistent with another command /liveset (live settings).

The syntax could possibly be like this, using these convenient operators borrowed from programming languages:

= (assign value)
+= (add to value)
-= (subtract from value)

For example:

/pitins ftyre = R2
/pitins rcamber -= 0.1
/pitins cancel

/liveset bbal += 1
/liveset farb = 20
This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )