The online racing simulator
Cleanup : off topic or no longer needed posts from Dx test patch
@Scawen!
Can suggestion? please increase to 1.5 or 2.0 Limit multiplier will good handling better corner for Bike/Bicycle Keyboard user!
1.0 and 1.2 too weak grip corner when too speed. :/

There seems to be an issue with setups gears. 4th gear (in XFG) reads 0.847 and 5th is always 0.5

v 0.7D5

Edit:
well, actually not always 0.847 but much lower than it should be. Possibly same thing for 5th but it hits hard limit of 0.500
Quote from JoRuss :There seems to be an issue with setups gears. 4th gear (in XFG) reads 0.847 and 5th is always 0.5

v 0.7D5

Thanks, that was reported by Rubie and fixed in D6.
Nice an unexpected Thumbs up
While at it, may we have something like on zeperfs.com website :
* a small graph showing these ratio with speed against rpm and three lines showing max torque rpm, max power rpm and redline ?

* a power and torque curve displayed next engine specs ?

if you give a finger, a hand is taken Looking
LFS
Attached images
pwr-trq.png
zeperfs.com_gears.png
Quote from Flotch :Nice an unexpected Thumbs up
* a small graph showing these ratio with speed against rpm and three lines showing max torque rpm, max power rpm and redline ?

LFS

In my opinion, the best thing to do for now is to leave Scawen to do his work and not to suggest random things that would slow down his proccess of doing his stuff with tyre physics.

Also, the second pic ( Dyno / power/torque curve ) u can see in LFS Editor.
Big grin random would mean not related if I am correct ? while this patch gives :
Quote from Scawen :
A long requested feature to display maximum speed for each gear in setup screen.

And seeing the dyno curve in another tool ... well, it is another tool, the purpose is to see it in the "game" !

Of course if I totally agree with you that there are far more important topic for Scawen, but :
* he was on the gear ratio thing (and it is a great update to me even if it looks like a tiny little thing), so my "request" (let's be honest, it is not a request, just a suggestion) is just to have a display making the thing even more user friendly
* the power-torque curve is alreday coded, so maybe it may not a huge deal to implement
Wink
Quote from Flotch :Nice an unexpected Thumbs up

LFS

If we could export/plot the curve from the engine editor then we could plot power and torque for all gears which would definitely make my day!
-
(Facu23) DELETED by Facu23 : wrong thread
#8 - Kova.
Quote from Facu23 :d6 is working excellent with no visible bugs for now. as rony said, maybe the engine health shouldn't be visible for remote racers. Whoever, i got 2 more requests-questions and i promise i'll shut up Big grin

1.-Will we have internal virtual mirror(s) in the near future?
2.- In case of q.1 not being possible, can we have all mirrors config enabled like in 0.6v?

Some cars really need rear view cameras, like the lmp2 or GT cars, it will give the sim more of a modern feeling.

I don't know if it's what you are talking about, but there already is virtual mirrors in LFS Options, or on track with shift+M
#9 - AR92
According to my observations, engine damage widget works well for cars, but not works for bikes, i tried money shifting in many bikes and damage gauge was still at %100 percent, and the another bug that i found is the tire temperature bug: in online when you are spectating any other user, the f9 panel not shows the value of tire heat in numbers (don't know if it's requested by some people and exists by purpose). I'm putting a pic to here about it.

Quote from AR92 :According to my observations, engine damage widget works well for cars, but not works for bikes, i tried money shifting in many bikes and damage gauge was still at %100 percent, and the another bug that i found is the tire temperature bug: in online when you are spectating any other user, the f9 panel not shows the value of tire heat in numbers (don't know if it's requested by some people and exists by purpose). I'm putting a pic to here about it.

[img]

It does work with bikes but it depends which. I did a quick test driving max speed and shifting into 1st gear: The RZM 250 and the RZT 370 can get eng damage, while the Chimera X1 and Vulcan 998 are harder to over-rev. I guess its how the eng is set up?

The tyre temp not showing when spectating I think its intentional and not a bug. Its been like that for a long time if not forever
#11 - AR92
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :It does work with bikes but it depends which. I did a quick test driving max speed and shifting into 1st gear: The RZM 250 and the RZT 370 can get eng damage, while the Chimera X1 and Vulcan 998 are harder to over-rev. I guess its how the eng is set up?

The tyre temp not showing when spectating I think its intentional and not a bug. Its been like that for a long time if not forever

yeah, Chimera and the SZK 1300 R are harder to over-rev for exapmle. But I don't get why if it's intentional.
Quote from AR92 :But I don't get why if it's intentional.

Competitive e-racing, so you can't observe how the other racer is going exactly, including tire temperature, fuel load, clutch temperature, setup values, etc..
#13 - AR92
Quote from Ped7g :Competitive e-racing, so you can't observe how the other racer is going exactly, including tire temperature, fuel load, clutch temperature, setup values, etc..

i get it now. that's why yeah.

Big grin
is it worth considering the possible repair of engine during a race that had suffer from overreving ? Changing the whole engine, why not ... but if you have to change tappets, spring for the valves, etc ... looks like complex and even more time consumming than doing an engine swap !
I would more expect to see like rik97 is saying an option on/off to repair it or not.
But anyway, from a gaming experience perspective, maybe a different approach is to be considered Tongue
I'm not really getting my message across very well.

I tried to explain in the previous post. I'm not stopping here to do complicated things. I'm still trying to finish the development version so we can release the long awaited version with the new graphics and physics.

I've offered a simple feature here, to fix engine damage along with the minor damage and major damage. It is not to be considered that I will do anything more complicated, because that isn't going to happen.
Ok, one thing bugs me. Why just two values (6/12s)? The double time penalty if you go slightly overboard is bit unfair.
Why not make it damage dempendent? Sort of "timeInPits = percentBroken * penaltyRate + minimalTime"
That's just because I've been able to code this very simply and quickly by using the existing MINOR and MAJOR versions of DAMAGE.

I am finding it quite hard to explain, that these updates are just some quick things I can do by devoting a small part of my day's work to this while actually spending a lot more time working on the massively updated development version, that has been described many times in progress reports. My focus has to be over there, finishing that version so we can release it, rather than putting much time into this public version update.

Programming is harder than most people think. It's not like, as easy to code something as it is to conceive of it. Big grin

EDIT: remember it's a multiplayer system with packets flying around with data in them, etc. I'm not free to simply add things on a whim and hope everything stays in sync. And again, I'm only doing things that are very easy to do, so as not to take up loads of my time.
Quote from Scawen :That's just because I've been able to code this very simply and quickly by using the existing MINOR and MAJOR versions of DAMAGE.

I am finding it quite hard to explain, that these updates are just some quick things I can do by devoting a small part of my day's work to this while actually spending a lot more time working on the massively updated development version, that has been described many times in progress reports. My focus has to be over there, finishing that version so we can release it, rather than putting much time into this public version update.

Programming is harder than most people think. It's not like, as easy to code something as it is to conceive of it. Big grin

EDIT: remember it's a multiplayer system with packets flying around with data in them, etc. I'm not free to simply add things on a whim and hope that everything stays in sync. And again, I'm only doing things that are very easy to do, so as not to take up loads of my time.

Got it. Thanks for taking time to explain. :-)
#19 - FIZ
Quote from Scawen :LFS mechanics are among the world's finest.

So, lets recap what happened recently.
You decided the development version is at maximum priority and nothing else would be discussed or added, that was 1 month ago.
ONE, MONTH, AGO.
Scawen, I cannot even begin to express how, after many years waiting, you are stretching our guts with this constant changing mind about literally anything.
We, the users, literally don't know anything about what needs to be done to the tire physics.
What is done? What is missing? Precisely, how much longer do you need?
1) A week
2) A month
3) A year
Please, now it is your turn to answer a question.
I keep updating your forum's post, but lately I am cringing so much I have to stop for my own mental health.
The last dev update was delivered almost one month ago.
Engine repair is completely and utterly a useless distraction at this point, I really feel you cannot make the promise you did at us and keep adding small things that could be easily added 15 years ago or in a 15 years from now.
About the multi-threading develpment, you told us really a lot even including images to let understand us the process.. but now? From march to may 2022 and now we know nothing about tires.
While I like the indipendent free development, without commercial or marketing big corps awaiting with their strick deadlines, I wish at the same time the LFS team would be made of more than actually 1 person.
Out of here, there is a new world trend about sim racing: e-Sports arrived, home-setups are incredibile and more affordable - that is an incredible period for sim racing and LFS is hyped in many Youtube videos as still one if not the best driving-feeling racing sim in the world.
You cannot do all forum, all the simulation, all the interface, all the sound, all the editors, all the documentation..
For the love of every Gods existing, please hire someone and organize a better working schedule, this path I see is going nowhere.
It is much different from 2003: the next big update will only bring us to 2013ish.
I kindly remind you that DirectX 11 were released on October 27th, 2009.
Best,
From a 20 year long LFS user and fan.
Quote from chucknorris :A minor thing:

It seems like on the MOD selection screen, the UI elements render on top of the chat messages. Which is not the case in all other screens.

Also, if there is a little chance for this, it would be a dream :-)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102198-Increase-number-of-AxObjects

Actually, there is one more screen where this is the case and thats the main entry screen. Typically you dont have a lot of chat messages when you start the game but if you do, they overlap with the upcoming events. Thought that might be worth mentioning Smile
I actually asked the same in the early testing stage and Scawen said this:

Quote from Scawen :That is not a bug! Smile

It's a special system originally coded for the options screens. Without that, you can't really see the big buttons on the left.

But since then the mods screen layout has changed and the big buttons are at the bottom of the screen now, so perhaps this could be reconsidered.
All right, thanks for pointing this out.

In fact, the only other screens where "interface buttons in front of chat" is set are Escape Menu and Options.

Quote from Flame CZE :But since then the mods screen layout has changed and the big buttons are at the bottom of the screen now, so perhaps this could be reconsidered.

Thanks for identifying the reason it was done and why it's no longer needed.

I've removed that in my version (simply removed two lines of code) so that'll be in D9.
I've collected some of our users' comments from our chatlogs Wink

Quote :stupid black arrows on minimap
is there any way to turn off the colored player arrows on the minimap?
is there no option to change colors of arrows
new patch arrow colors ***** up
men there is 3 green arrows and i have to find my own one
i literaly cant see u in map cuz ur name is black so it makes ur arrow black
has anyone seen an option to turn the coloured arrows off?
damn the arrows looks weird
is there a way to change the colors of the arrows on the map ? since the last update i got rainbow arrows lol

Bearing in mind only a very small percentage of players use the test patch, I sincerely hope there will be an option to have the 'old' colours.
Fur future reference, simply "we've had quite a few negative comments about the arrows" would do. I'm doing a hell of a lot here so don't really need my face rubbed in it.

Otherwise it's just irritating. People saying the arrow colours are "stupid" when the reality is that the person saying it is too stupid to know the reason for the arrows.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : off topic or no longer needed posts from Dx test patch
(200 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG