The online racing simulator
Give it Up for Eric Bailey
(66 posts, closed, started )
Quote from K.David :I wish Eric himself would throw
us a few lines here.

+1

Scawen said once, that Eric is... quiet man. (AFAIK)
Huzzah for Eric! I had no idea he was the one who designed the tracks and cars...wow. I thought it was joint veture between Eric and Scawen...

I made a signature tag a while back featuring the 3 fine gentleman...I think Victor might have been...well, you be the judge.
Attached images
LFS_sig.jpg
Home Made Baileys Irish Cream
Quote from Blackout :mmmmmm I wish I had some of that stuff, it's so tasty

Shanny's recipe for home made Baileys

Ingredients
Bottle of Good Whiskey
4 eggs
1 bottle of cream (150 ml) about
Vanilla essence (optional)
Chocolate Syrup
Almond Essence (optional)

Method
If you have a blender use it or if not find a big mixing bowl (glass) and add the following amounts

1 or 2 cups Whiskey (to taste)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
1 bottle or can of cream
4 eggs (beaten)
2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract

Blend well till smooth

pour into bottle(s) use GLASS not plastic
Put in fridge for at least 4 hours
Use within 2 days as cream may curdle!

This one I used to make t christmas years ago when I wa a drinker

For a more Kalua type taste
add 6 tblspoons of instant Coffee

This one I never tried to make as nobody drank Kalua

For a Full Kalua -Try this one
3 c. sugar
3 c. water
10 tsp. instant coffee
3 tsp. vanilla
1 fifth vodka

Simmer sugar, water and coffee for 1 hour. Remove from heat and cool. Add vanilla and vodka.

Cheers Shanny
I like fern bay... it's a track which is fun with slow cars, and challenging with the fast cars... you have to be inch-perfect through the tight turns or face the wall. the rallycross layouts are great.

i like it.
Quote from severin_schoepke :I really have to say that I like Eric's car designs! They are so 'real', I could perfectly imagine to see a car like the FXO on the road, very well designed! Much better than for example RFactor, which also features fantasy cars...

Hahah, that is because the FXO IS pretty much a real car. Most of Eric's creations are based off of real cars, it's not hard to tell. That is what makes them seem real I think, because they are recognizable, and some a good mix of various popular cars. I think Eric does a better job at tracks like ORION said. The car models aren't 100% impressive, but I think he mostly limits the amount of polys just because this game is still capable to run on low-end systems. Eric could do lots and lots of cool things, but he takes a long time. Always worth the wait... but arghh, his content I look forward to the most, so I get impatient
Quote from Primoz :Actually i think FE is very nice as it is. Maybe some new textures or so, but definetly no remodeling! Maybe some new distance boards. All in all i like the ruggedness of FE. GTR on Black for example is a freaking rollecoaster!!! So fast and so tight!

Actually my point is that the chicanes are completly crazy, and I do not think IRL you would hit them with madness illepall like some (everyone) do. Watch the FZR or BF1 WRs on green to see what I mean
Two Words,..Do Better.

STFU
Quote from AtomAnt :Two Words,..Do Better.

STFU

Lately you have been making no sense at all Ant.... you ok?
Quote from Flotch :Actually my point is that the chicanes are completly crazy, and I do not think IRL you would hit them with madness illepall like some (everyone) do. Watch the FZR or BF1 WRs on green to see what I mean

It has been bugging me for some time too, but what applies to Fern Bay does applies to many other tracks. Think of the chicane on KY GP long when you leave the oval part, think of the last chicane on AS Historic, GP, GT... I have posted in threads dealing with unrealistic corners and track sections before and I hope my voice will be heard some day
These chicanes are far too dangerous to be driven in real life (especially at those speeds), however if you know how to "crash" over them properly, they're just like any other corner... everyone drives them like that and if you want to stay competitive, you'll just have to drive them that way. Period. I can't say I like those "obstacles" (think you could call them that) too much, but it seems to be a necessary evil to make the tracks challenging :/
Don't get me wrong, I love most of the other parts of the tracks, but there's certain corners/chicanes that kind of ruin the fun for me at times...
And while we're at it, we could go on moaning about locked diffs and how you're forced to use them in your setups if you want to be competitive (which makes the car's handling horrible, but you have to deal with it). But I think I'm gonna stop the rant and focus more on the positive aspects because after all we're still here and love LFS for what it is - even though it's not perfect.

So here's my thanks to Eric for his otherwise great tracks and cars:

THANKS
Hopefully as the damage system is refined the kerb bouncing will become less and less favourable - damaging splitters, wings, even tyres/wheels maybe. And then there is the suspension damage, drivetrain damage from torque reversal. In fact all (most) of the things that prevent real life drivers from jumping kerbs, other than fear of personal injury.
^ Just employ a football/rugby player and when you crash, have him sack you. Might prevent those wreckers too!
Quote from biggie :It has been bugging me for some time too, but what applies to Fern Bay does applies to many other tracks. Think of the chicane on KY GP long when you leave the oval part, think of the last chicane on AS Historic, GP, GT... I have posted in threads dealing with unrealistic corners and track sections before and I hope my voice will be heard some day
These chicanes are far too dangerous to be driven in real life (especially at those speeds), however if you know how to "crash" over them properly, they're just like any other corner...

as tristan said
Quote from tristancliffe :Hopefully as the damage system is refined the kerb bouncing will become less and less favourable - damaging splitters, wings, even tyres/wheels maybe. And then there is the suspension damage, drivetrain damage from torque reversal. In fact all (most) of the things that prevent real life drivers from jumping kerbs, other than fear of personal injury.

a bit more of realism wont hurt when it will
(then i will probably get rid of my s1 bad habit with cutting corners )

the tracks' layouts are really good and i must say i prefer racing online on monza/magnycours AS national or going thru screweau than having all the real tracks with dead online play (and if id like to know them from fpp to enjoy watching events i'll buy gtr#1 quarter priced )

i must say i really like eric's car disigns - as fictional they look very "might be" cars, maybe sometimes their origins are too easy to recognize, id like them more original (but yeah, then the mass will moan "we want real cars!" ))
and i even dont have to compare them with rF's

keep it up
Quote from tristancliffe :Hopefully as the damage system is refined the kerb bouncing will become less and less favourable - damaging splitters, wings, even tyres/wheels maybe. And then there is the suspension damage, drivetrain damage from torque reversal. In fact all (most) of the things that prevent real life drivers from jumping kerbs, other than fear of personal injury.

Proper damage will surely help the problem of "curb exploitation"... but it will make a few tracks very very dangerous to drive with virtually NO room for error. It will lead to having to carefully drive around the curbs while destroying the natural flow of the track (if it can be called "natural flow" when clipping over curbs like that).
Racing would be a farce along the lines of: "last man standing - who's best at avoiding the Curbs Of Death?"
Just imagine driving the AS GT/GP/HI chicane without touching the curb. It would be a mickey mouse drive not to wreck the car there...
The thing is that this chicane is laid out to be cut and anything else will make you substantially slower...
Once proper damage is implemented, the devs are gonna have to think about a few corners that would totally wreck your car in their unchanged state.
This being about fun, Im sure Eric will smoothen the surface or whatever is needed to keep the game at least as good as it is now.
#42 - JJ72
it'll be like F1 in the 70's really, cars with skirt has no shock absorbsion whatsoever has to avoid every single curb. Wouldn't have a terminal damage to the racing but certainly killed a bit of the fun on the driving. (and spectacle)
Quote from Flotch :yes they are fun (except FE), nice and beautiful!! Amazing job Mr Eric

You can do the nordschleife if you have the time

Yeahhh !
Fe definately stinks
Quote from Madman_CZ :yeah some of the tracks he has desinged are great, especially the eau rouge chicane at aston.. But i feel we need more challenging corners here and there.

errmm where? do u realise the scale of eau rouge?

unfortunately the aston hill chicane comes no where near the daunting spectacle that is eau rouge.

I would love the devs to put spa into S3 though
I really enjoy racing the tracks in s2, great to drive , except AS nat chicane... oh the pain of it
I look forward to the day that real tracks could be added,( if possible)

The tracks in GPL spring to mind, Spa, Kylami ..Brands hatch, Monza and the one with lots and lots of corners.

But saying that AS historic reminds me of many of these tracks.

John
Eric's work is sure nice, but having only one designer leads to everything having kinda same style, both cars & tracks.
LFS beats the daylight out of it's competition on all levels.
Always room for improvement, but even as is, it is a truely outstanding game.

I love driving the FE tracks, so much so that the last thing I worry about is the scenery. The rhythm is perfect on Green and Gold, forward and backwards.

Can't wait for future updates / improvements ( although to be honest, I'd rather see new tracks and new cars - like some mid / rear engine sports cars - than graphic improvements on existing tracks - but all of the above would be ok, too).
Too bad that we can't see Eric's full talent, thanks to the lo-res textures.
#49 - Vain
Real talent only shows in low resolution textures.
(Nearly) everyone can make good looking high-res textures. Good looking low resolution textures are a completely different task.

Vain
Quote from JohnPenn :and the one with lots and lots of corners.

Zandvoort? :-P

The tracks in LFS are outstanding, although I'd change some corners here and there... The real challenge now is in creating different kinds of tracks.. A dense forest track, a sea-side dune track, a very fast desert track, and a very long mountainous track.
This thread is closed

Give it Up for Eric Bailey
(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG