The online racing simulator
Give it Up for Eric Bailey
(66 posts, closed, started )
Sir,
Having driven this SIM for 60,00 miles, (since Mar 2003) and watching you grow....your talent is remarkable....alot of us forget that all the work that goes into this is just a PASSION for guys like you. On behalf of NASSA let me say ....job well done...your a master of your trade.

Thanks Eric.

Ant (per NASSA)
Yes, hes stunning and can't wait to see more of his work, the stuff which didn't made it to the April update for example
S1 looked great, and S2 is even better ! I think we need to say , Keep it coming Eric !! =)
Eric, you're an awesome artist, it's amazing what you've done already, so I can't wait to see what's yet to come . Keep it coming =)
Yes, Eric rules the 3D department. I'd just like to see him a bit more active on these forums so we can actively worship him in person (and of course nag him about extra ovals, the mother, new layouts for blackwood, better textures, etc...)

Even though I have a feeling things aren't even remotely complete for any tracks we have, they are the best tracks out there for any game.
Damn 'rite!

Quote :
Damn 'rite!

Damn 'rite!

What Eric has achieved with S2 so far is incredible. All those tracks (especially South City...!) I wasn't around to see S1, but I'm definately hyped about S2 and even more so for S3, which I imagine will be his masterpeice. Well done, Eric.
I still feel though that Fern Bay is slightly lacking compared to the other tracks, which is disappointing seeing that some FE layouts are my favourite tracks in LFS. (FE1/MRT to note one). I wish that Eric could put even 1/2 of the time he put into BL into FE, to make it look up to par with the other tracks.

Mind you, Eric is an amazing modeller and I would love to see how he would do if he made a rally pack...

Quote from TagForce :Yes, Eric rules the 3D department. I'd just like to see him a bit more active on these forums so we can actively worship him in person (and of course nag him about extra ovals, the mother, new layouts for blackwood, better textures, etc...)

I know that he used to be more active on the older forums (RSC, Pre to early S1 days) but nearing mid S1 days to end of S1 days he hadn't posted. I brought this up about 2 or 3 months ago, and Scawen or Vic closed it saying something along the lines of "If Eric felt a need to post something, then he would"
#9 - ORION
I don't think Eric's major skills are modelling. His tracks are so much fun to drive, which is baisically the main reason why LFS is such a damn good game (in addition to the brilliant netcode of course)
His modelling is quite nice though
yes they are fun (except FE), nice and beautiful!! Amazing job Mr Eric

You can do the nordschleife if you have the time
Quote :
I still feel though that Fern Bay is slightly lacking compared to the other tracks, which is disappointing seeing that some FE layouts are my favourite tracks in LFS

It's a fairly 'organic' track - rocky hills and other things which don't always translate elegently down into simpler geometries. Obviously the track which needs most work texturally (the pit area is pretty scary atm). Would be great to have an official update for FE before S2's considered 'done'...
The entire Scavier trio are like a tripod, if 1 leg isn't working, then the thing falls over, becuase if Victor wasn't doing any net stuff (supplying spare unlocks, ectera) then we'd get pretty edgy, and if Scawen was producing code with lots of bugs, then we'd start getting annoyed at minor, but rather annoying bugs. And If Eric made boring and fugly tracks, then we'd get bored bloody fast (and maybe have to wash our eyes out with HCl acid). Thankfully all 3 legs of the LFS trio are working, and that is what makes LFS the best sim of all time.
I really have to say that I like Eric's car designs! They are so 'real', I could perfectly imagine to see a car like the FXO on the road, very well designed! Much better than for example RFactor, which also features fantasy cars...
Talent like Eric's is wasted on building ovals

j/k

People often ask for RL tracks in LFS. I'd actually like to see Westhill or Aston in a real meadow somewhere (maybe even being tamed by an XRR) :up:
Nurburgring!
#16 - joen
Eric FTW!
The FIA should ask Eric to design new tracks
I hope we'll see some new Eric goodness soon.
yeah some of the tracks he has desinged are great, especially the eau rouge chicane at aston.. But i feel we need more challenging corners here and there.
Track like Westhill, its an awesome track but its not challenging enough.

I would like to see a kyalami dip, maybe a cork screw of somekind, to spice things up.

Nevertheless what he has achieved so far is amazing and i hope there is still more great stuff to come..

hip hip huuuray! hip hip huuuray... go go Eric your da man, if he cant do it nobody can! :static::static:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still feel though that Fern Bay is slightly lacking compared to the other tracks, which is disappointing seeing that some FE layouts are my favourite tracks in LFS. (FE1/MRT to note one). I wish that Eric could put even 1/2 of the time he put into BL into FE, to make it look up to par with the other tracks.

Quote from Flotch :yes they are fun (except FE), nice and beautiful!! Amazing job Mr Eric

You can do the nordschleife if you have the time

Actually i think FE is very nice as it is. Maybe some new textures or so, but definetly no remodeling! Maybe some new distance boards. All in all i like the ruggedness of FE. GTR on Black for example is a freaking rollecoaster!!! So fast and so tight!
ah another one of these threads

yup...eric is quite the sh*t
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The entire Scavier trio are like a tripod, if 1 leg isn't working, then the thing falls over, becuase if Victor wasn't doing any net stuff (supplying spare unlocks, ectera) then we'd get pretty edgy, and if Scawen was producing code with lots of bugs, then we'd start getting annoyed at minor, but rather annoying bugs. And If Eric made boring and fugly tracks, then we'd get bored bloody fast (and maybe have to wash our eyes out with HCl acid). Thankfully all 3 legs of the LFS trio are working, and that is what makes LFS the best sim of all time.

Thats a damn fine point sir
Quote from Madman_CZ :hip hip huuuray! hip hip huuuray... go go Eric your da man, if he cant do it nobody can! :static::static:

:static::static::static::static: *Joines in dance* :static::static::static::static:
We got a D
We got an R
We got an I
We got an N
We got a K
BAILEY'S!!!

(getting a little tipsy meself here)
mmmmmm I wish I had some of that stuff, it's so tasty
I wish Eric himself would throw us a few lines here.
#25 - Vain
Quote from K.David :I wish Eric himself would throw us a few lines here.

Is it christmas or something?

I appreciate Eric's work, though he also has to learn a few things about trackdesign. But we can't complain, Eric does a great job.

Vain
This thread is closed

(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG