The online racing simulator
Anyone who makes autocross layouts for hire?
I am new to LFS and I am trying to use the autocross as a way to practice for IRL autocross. I tried to use footage of my last autocross event to create a close to exact replica in game but after spending about 3-4 hours I can't get the scale right I also can not figure out how to delete an object. When I make a mistake I have to start all over and in that time I only managed to create 1/4 of the course. I also find it difficult to control the editor while in VR.

If anyone out there is interested in helping me out I would gladly pay for help or even recreating a course from footage I take of my events.

Thanks
How to delete object - click on the dot of the object,press delete of your keyboard. Also you can use key D for distance measurements when placing objects.
Read lfs\docs\autocross.txt - might also be helpful. Or this: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Autocross_Editor
Quote from Eclipsed :How to delete object - click on the dot of the object,press delete of your keyboard. Also you can use key D for distance measurements when placing objects.
Read lfs\docs\autocross.txt - might also be helpful. Or this: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Autocross_Editor

Yeah I read the wiki before starting but there are no dots on any of the objects. I can't move or delete anything without the dots and I do not understand why they don't show up.
They should show up in shift+U mode when you click on "edit" on lower left of the screen. Spacebar switches between menu on/off. If that does not help,I'm clueless. Then you have to show some screenshots.
It's great to be able to drive a vehicle in VR mode, but in the 100+ layouts I've made, I've never tried creating a layout with VR.

I'd suggest making your layout using a monitor first, then when you're nearly done, then driving round in VR to see what needs changed or tidied up.

An image of the layout you're trying to make would be helpful.
#6 - TAJM
Quote from Banediesel :I am new to LFS and I am trying to use the autocross as a way to practice for IRL autocross. I tried to use footage of my last autocross event to create a close to exact replica in game but after spending about 3-4 hours I can't get the scale right I also can not figure out how to delete an object. When I make a mistake I have to start all over and in that time I only managed to create 1/4 of the course. I also find it difficult to control the editor while in VR.

If anyone out there is interested in helping me out I would gladly pay for help or even recreating a course from footage I take of my events.

Thanks

Hello there!

If you are still struggling with the editor hit me up with a PM, and we should be able to discuss your idea.
Hi there,

only noticed this thread just now, I can offer a helping hand in recreating your dream course. I have experience in recreating tracks with very high precision from satellite images, so assuming you have meaningful pictures to work with, it would be quite easy task to do actually Smile

Here's an example of my work:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... rk-E-Prix-circuit-replica

Let me know if you're interested.

Anyone who makes autocross layouts for hire?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG