The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomsteel :Is it possible to assign different engines to the configurations?
I'd like to create a cup version with a slightly more powerful and much louder engine. Is it allowed to upload 3 versions of the same mod?

It's not possible to assign different engines to the configuration.
Also it's not possible to assign different rims and rim/tire sizes to the configuration.
I've uploaded 3 versions of 1994 ETK K-Series mod, so it's allowed, but in a reasonable frame.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Thank you for clarifying it! I'm planning on making 3 versions too, good to know that it is allowed.
Any ideas on where i should start looking to get this issue fixed? Been going through the mappings and making sure everything is correct but this message still pops up Shrug

I had the same error also for LOD3, but it was an easy fix, this doesn't seem that easy though Big grin Ive attached the LOD1 mappings if that's any help.
Attached images
unknown.png
mapping4.jpg
mapping3.jpg
mapping2.jpg
mapping1.jpg
I think I would first look in the mappings screen. Look for a mapping that has a different cutout on the left and right sides ('cutout' and 'opposite'). The fault must be in a triangle that uses one of those mappings.

So, with one of those mappings in mind, enter triangle mode and hold CTRL to select all triangles that use that mapping. For one of those mappings, you should find a triangle that crosses from left to right side.

That is invalid, because it doesn't really make any sense. Triangles that cross from one side to another shouldn't use a mapping that uses a different cutout on the left and right sides.
Oh that was it, thanks! I may have overlooked the mappings a bit and only tried to check that the orientations are correct and triangles face the same side as the mappings are.

I had a mapping with a cutout and an opposite cutout for it, which also had a few triangles mapped to it that were built on mirrored points, changing those triangles to another mapping without an opposite cutout eliminated the error in case someone also runs into similar problems Tongue
I can't find way how to get that texture-colour panel at left side in Triangle tab...
It only shows up in Build tab, but then i can't select triangles Face -> palm
Edit1: I know i'm missing something simple, but it has been few hours Rofl
Edit2: WOOOP WOOOP for 1st post in almost 10 years. Thanks
Attached images
help wat.png
Quote from Rovnald :I can't find way how to get that texture-colour panel at left side in Triangle tab...
It only shows up in Build tab, but then i can't select triangles Face -> palm
Edit1: I know i'm missing something simple, but it has been few hours Rofl
Edit2: WOOOP WOOOP for 1st post in almost 10 years. Thanks

I hate to ask this but did you try resizing the window a bit larger Big grin
Quote from nikopdr :I hate to ask this but did you try resizing the window a bit larger Big grin

I'm using full screen mode, but tried reducing text size and it worked! Thanks for idea! Omg omg omg
Text seems a little small now, but i shouldn't use laptop in first place. Na-na
Quote from Rovnald :I'm using full screen mode, but tried reducing text size and it worked! Thanks for idea! Omg omg omg
Text seems a little small now, but i shouldn't use laptop in first place. Na-na

My bad, thought it would be possible to make it larger Big grin But yes, if the resolution is small enough the mapping colour tab disappears. If it's possible to increase the native resolution of the desktop then i strongly suggest to increase it Big grin
With every old .vob created with LFS Car Imported I get this message in the Modeller "Corrupted triangles: X"
I can't see anything wrong with any of the triangles on the model, let alone with 593 of them. When there is a "point with bad normal" you get that red line which shows where it is, but in this case there is no indication which of the triangles are corrupted - as far as I tell. Is this anything to worry about or is it safe to just ignore it?
Attached images
Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.24 - 13.17.04.jpg
That message comes up if a mirrored triangle refers to reflected points.

That shouldn't be the case. Mirrored triangles should only be built on the original (white) points, not the reflected (magenta) points. This is enforced by LFS editor.

I'm not sure what the consequences of this model corruption are. I guess that the original and mirrored version of a triangle, would both refer to the mirrored version of the point that was wrongly referred to. This could result in mirrored and non-mirrored version of a triangle not being actual mirrors of each other. If such a triangle was built entirely on mirrored points, then the original and 'mirrored' triangles might be in the same place but facing in opposite directions.

I can't think of a definite way for you to find the offending triangles, but you could switch on triangle buttons then look for triangles built on magenta points. See if those triangles are set to "mirror" (which they shouldn't be).
Quote from Scawen :I can't think of a definite way for you to find the offending triangles, but you could switch on triangle buttons then look for triangles built on magenta points. See if those triangles are set to "mirror" (which they shouldn't be).

I don't think I can see any, or maybe I don't know what I'm looking for...
If you don't mind you can take a peek at my vageen, it has 250 corrupted triangles.

Anyway, I've been noticing that some mods have problems upshifting in Auto. LANKOCLOUD ONE is a perfect example of that behavior - it will happily ride in 1st forever if you won't upshift manually. Now I've ran into this issue with my own mod and started investigating what might be the cause. I came to conclusion that this has to do with the engine. If the curve looks like this (see attachment) - where horsepower continues to raise past the redline. What I think is happening - the gearbox is waiting for the engine to reach peak horsepower before upshifting, but since peak power is past the redline - it can never reach it so it sits at redline. Is that correct?

One more question - if I see someone is using my model without my permission on his mod, where can I report this?
Attached images
xcurve.jpg
Sorry if that has been asked before, I placed an ***ALP.PNG in the PNG folder, and Editor tells me the PNG is in RGB color mode, but has to be in "A" color mode.

"Color type is RGB but A is required" is what the editor says

Does A refer to having an alpha channel? I tried exporting 24-Bit PNGs from Photoshop (RGB plus transparency)
Is the required format something that can't be done in Photoshop CS6?

EDIT: I found this post of Scawen wayyyyyy back in the thread:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1971184#post1971184

So A seems to be 32-Bit PNGs. I have tried tons of exporting options already, nothing seems to work.
As far as my limited understanding goes PNGs do not have separate Alpha-channels like a DDS, right?
Quote from Mr. Apex :

So A seems to be 32-Bit PNGs. I have tried tons of exporting options already, nothing seems to work.
As far as my limited understanding goes PNGs do not have separate Alpha-channels like a DDS, right?

They do, if you export with transparency turned on.
Quote from ACCAkut :They do, if you export with transparency turned on.

Thanks for responding Thumbs up

Installing the SuperPNG Photoshop plugin did the trick Thumbs up
Looks like Photoshop generally gets rid of the alpha channel when exporting PNGs, but SuperPNG (altough very old) makes it work

Free and open-source, Mac & Windows
https://www.fnordware.com/superpng/

EDIT: I add the error message in case other Photoshop users are searching this thread:
Solution: Color type is RGB but A is required
Is it possible to set distance of spokes from edge of rim (or from center) separately for front and rear?
When editing either rim or spokes, I did not find buttons to switch axis.
Quote from Egor K :Is it possible to set distance of spokes from edge of rim (or from center) separately for front and rear?
When editing either rim or spokes, I did not find buttons to switch axis.

No, only all rims
Hello, any clue why texture color is changed when converted from PNG to DDS from LFS editor? Attached 2 shots of the difference. Texture size is 1024x1024, with Alpha. This difference is not present if same PNG is saved as DDS with other image software.
Attached images
DDS_color.jpg
PNG_color.jpg
-
(VladM) DELETED by VladM : figured it out
Is there anyway to set single-adjustment suspension damping like in xrg, xfg, and uf1 (just like single-adjustment differential)?
I tried to search forums, but no luck. Excuse me if this question answered before:

When i try to delete points it says "Points in use". What do i do wrong?

Quote from TurboLoverBG :Hello, any clue why texture color is changed when converted from PNG to DDS from LFS editor? Attached 2 shots of the difference. Texture size is 1024x1024, with Alpha. This difference is not present if same PNG is saved as DDS with other image software.

I'm not sure why, But LFS ruins my terxtures too. I rather compress them myself with Nvidia plug-in, but i guess Scawen not allowed us to do so, trying to make it simple for people not familiar or confused with DDS compression types (DXT1 SXT3 DXT5 etc etc etc).
Quote from akubosaan :Is there anyway to set single-adjustment suspension damping like in xrg, xfg, and uf1 (just like single-adjustment differential)?

That is not possible, because that system has been removed in the later version of physics. As the editor is built in the new development version, that option has already gone.

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :I tried to search forums, but no luck. Excuse me if this question answered before:

When i try to delete points it says "Points in use". What do i do wrong?

I think it must be that the points are used by a triangle.

You can use "select connected triangles" to find the triangles. Note that the triangles may be in a different LOD, because points are shared between levels of detail. So you may need to "select connected triangles" again in each LOD.
So I can not delete triagles by deleting it's points?

Whoa this thing with shared points blows my brain.

For example, I need 2-sided windshield. I have two copys of same windshield with triangles faced different sides. But when I delete some cutouts in Editor, it merges all the points when i exit [Model Edit] mode and I get a mess with Normals.

Can I use NON-shared points? I want two objects have their own points at same place. I know I can use smoothing groups but there are some cases where it is not applicable so I need the method i described.

Here's another example on screenshot: I need my fender to have a cut (see normals coming out of "one" point at the body line?; in fact there's two points in same place that each belongs to their own surfaces. But the whole fender can not be divided by smoothing groups. This screenshot made before I made a cleanup. After cleanup Editor screws everything up and make surface solid with no cut. How do I bypass it?
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :
For example, I need 2-sided windshield. I have two copys of same windshield with triangles faced different sides. But when I delete some cutouts in Editor, it merges all the points when i exit [Model Edit] mode and I get a mess with Normals.

If you select a bunch of triangles, you can set them to be double-sided automatically by clicking the "double sided" button in the left panel. That is if you want both sides to share the same mapping.
Quote from Flame CZE :If you select a bunch of triangles, you can set them to be double-sided automatically by clicking the "double sided" button in the left panel. That is if you want both sides to share the same mapping.

Double sided triangle is a single triangle that visible from both sides. AFAIK it can not be mapped with two different textures or have two different materials from different sides. So it is not what I want. But thank you for advice.
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :For example, I need 2-sided windshield. I have two copys of same windshield with triangles faced different sides. But when I delete some cutouts in Editor, it merges all the points when i exit [Model Edit] mode and I get a mess with Normals.

As in your case you don't want to use the double sided triangles, you must use a different smoothing group for the inside and outside surfaces.

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Here's another example on screenshot: I need my fender to have a cut (see normals coming out of "one" point at the body line?; in fact there's two points in same place that each belongs to their own surfaces. But the whole fender can not be divided by smoothing groups. This screenshot made before I made a cleanup. After cleanup Editor screws everything up and make surface solid with no cut. How do I bypass it?

As the points in the same location will be merged at some point, you do have to use a different smoothing group for the top and bottom surface.

I understand, you have found a rare case where the smoothing groups are hard to use, because you want the top and bottom triangles to have a different smoothing group at the seam, but the same smoothing group rearward of the seam.

I think the only solution is to use different smoothing groups for the top section and the bottom section, and use extra triangles at the rear where the top and bottom section meet. By making the extra triangles co-planar where they meet, they will end up with the same normal.

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG