The online racing simulator
I think most of the issue is that the investment from the esports side is at 0 for the moment for LFS.

If you look at games such as rF2 which is a horrible user experience and fundamentally badly made (Menus, Loading times, Game breaking Bugs, Cars and tracks etc), they have a huge investment from Formula E, Traxxion, VCO. I don't think they'd hold a candle to LFS if I must be honest, but in this case I'm perhaps biased.

Back in the days of ESL and OLFSL where (even if small) there was prize money, the interest spiked massive interest from the German/Northern Scandic Countries as well as the UK.

So I think to re-invent some interest on that front it would take some investment. I have thought about doing something myself, given that we can make our own cars for LFS now it opens up some options.

I personally might just organize something with some prize money or giveaways in terms of hardware over summer/start winter.

EDIT: I do know my point doesn't really refer to the point of the thread, but general attendance in LFS has dropped a lot for Leagues/Championships as a whole, not only people but also the ammount of championships.
Quote from Dennis93 :I think most of the issue is that the investment from the esports side is at 0 for the moment for LFS.

If you look at games such as rF2 which is a horrible user experience and fundamentally badly made (Menus, Loading times, Game breaking Bugs, Cars and tracks etc), they have a huge investment from Formula E, Traxxion, VCO. I don't think they'd hold a candle to LFS if I must be honest, but in this case I'm perhaps biased.

Back in the days of ESL and OLFSL where (even if small) there was prize money, the interest spiked massive interest from the German/Northern Scandic Countries as well as the UK.

So I think to re-invent some interest on that front it would take some investment. I have thought about doing something myself, given that we can make our own cars for LFS now it opens up some options.

I personally might just organize something with some prize money or giveaways in terms of hardware over summer/start winter.

EDIT: I do know my point doesn't really refer to the point of the thread, but general attendance in LFS has dropped a lot for Leagues/Championships as a whole, not only people but also the ammount of championships.

Certainly having a prize of some type would increase numbers, if the League/championships lasted long enough that people wouldn't lose interest if they didn't do so well in a few races, always giving them hope of a comeback then it would work great.
Forgetting the race start is definitely one think that makes a racer skip scheduled event one is interested to attend, yes. So some kind of alert would be good. Maybe if you could opt-in an LFS calendar (like seeing the events in your work Outlook Smile ), would be good to boost some attendance.

But mostly the reason to skip events is lack of time to practise. Making it easier to join races without any huge practise would help people get motivation to join. I posted earlier some ideas and I hope the devs will get those into account at some point. There should be an easy setup-finder for a current track in the game itself. Also there should be these LFS Lazy buttons already in the game to help do a quick test run just a few minutes before the event. Also some help with pits and repairing should be good - you don't always want to repair your car as whole, only one damper or one camber, or cahange only one tyre.

LFS should be made easy to do also with limited time and knowledge about helpful insims, setup making (or even finding them from the webpage etc). Just sit and drive. Of course, if you practise a lot, you will gain advantage over others. But just that it is possible to enjoy the race after a long day of work, without spending several hours beforehand to be ready for the event.
Anybody remember the slalom challenge with the LX4?
Not sure if it was organized by the devs, but at least supported by them.
It was like a 3 weeks event with a new layout each week and had a separate leader board page (maybe made by Victor?).
There was a prize for the fastest 3 I think.

But that was like 10 years ago (or longer). Can't find any posts or pictures about it on the LFS page or forum though.

I thought that was a great event that kept me login in every day (again not sure who organized this, but I'm fairly certain it was promoted/supported by the devs).

Anyway, liking the new 0.7C version Smile

EDIT: spelling
It would be nice to have a double link to the event: the event and the qualifying server if available. I mean when I go to a CESAV race I will join the race server once (welll it is also a practice server before the race) and the qualifying servera dozen time!
Yesterday I realized there is a downside of the new events list. In RTFR I always set server password (always same) so it's not visited by random populated server jumpers,who have no idea what's happening in the server - voting for start,asking to unlock other cars or change track,sometimes behave like #$%&. They had no clue it's an organized event.
Server password is always easy to find and it's posted together with basic information as insurance that people should know where they join. Since password was also posted in leagues section,it was automatically added on join button of events list - therefor anyone could join the server with single click,which means that again people can join without having read at least some basic information - unexperienced user would even not understand the idea of an event.
So I removed password from leagues section and added link to forum section explaining that info and password can be found there.

I'm telling this to point out the possible problems with new events list (besides in post above mentioned possible misuse) and hope to start some brainstorming how to improve this.
Quote from ksa_land :Anybody remember the slalom challenge with the LX4?
Not sure if it was organized by the devs, but at least supported by them.
It was like a 3 weeks event with a new layout each week and had a separate leader board page (maybe made by Victor?).
There was a prize for the fastest 3 I think.

But that was like 10 years ago (or longer). Can't find any posts or pictures about it on the LFS page or forum though.

I thought that was a great event that kept me login in every day (again not sure who organized this, but I'm fairly certain it was promoted/supported by the devs).

Anyway, liking the new 0.7C version Smile

EDIT: spelling

That started out as "LX Week" and turned into "LX Month". I have been thinking of whether or not we should try it again. I came up with an idea to showcase the LX cars for a week and then Vic created this great online event. Scawen announced the event on July 3rd 2007. There was three weeks of autocross competition and also a skinning competition. Prizes were awarded, much fun was had (and we ate the minstrels).
Perhaps for each event listing, if the event is passworded, there can be a sentence saying "Read forum for attending" or something like that? Or "Event is Private - read forum for details"

Quote from Eclipsed :Yesterday I realized there is a downside of the new events list. In RTFR I always set server password (always same) so it's not visited by random populated server jumpers,who have no idea what's happening in the server - voting for start,asking to unlock other cars or change track,sometimes behave like #$%&. They had no clue it's an organized event.
Server password is always easy to find and it's posted together with basic information as insurance that people should know where they join. Since password was also posted in leagues section,it was automatically added on join button of events list - therefor anyone could join the server with single click,which means that again people can join without having read at least some basic information - unexperienced user would even not understand the idea of an event.
So I removed password from leagues section and added link to forum section explaining that info and password can be found there.

I'm telling this to point out the possible problems with new events list (besides in post above mentioned possible misuse) and hope to start some brainstorming how to improve this.

Quote from Gunn :That started out as "LX Week" and turned into "LX Month". I have been thinking of whether or not we should try it again. I came up with an idea to showcase the LX cars for a week and then Vic created this great online event. Scawen announced the event on July 3rd 2007. There was three weeks of autocross competition and also a skinning competition. Prizes were awarded, much fun was had (and we ate the minstrels).

Woow I did two skins by then! And I still have them online in my skins. They did not win by the way...
Talking about skins with the mods system I now upload at least a skin by week, the limit is low considering there is almost 500 cars available...
Quote from Eclipsed :... and hope to start some brainstorming how to improve this.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Perhaps for each event listing, if the event is passworded, there can be a sentence saying "Read forum for attending" or something like that? Or "Event is Private - read forum for details"

I asked Victor about this, the situation when:

- Host is private (has a password)
- That password is not supplied with the event list

He suggested a padlock symbol. I've implemented that as seen in the attached image. If you then click Join, it will stop on the "Join Specific Host" screen if you don't already have a password entered for that host.

If instead you click the padlock button, it takes you straight to the event page, as if you had clicked the event name.

I've also added YouTube and Twitch icons as you can see in the image.
Attached images
padlock.jpg
Maybe a bit of a stupid question and late to the party, but since there are now clickable links for Twitch and Youtube... In the example above one of the banners has a discord link. Could / should this be added as clickable link too?
Quote from Victor :Question for the streamers:

I'd like to add options to store stream URLs to seasons / rounds. But I was wondering if the stream URL is always the same, in which case I can add it to a season. But if it changes per round (event) it should be stored with each round individually.

I think the Twitch streams are usually the same URL, but I'm not sure how it works with YouTube and others? Are those different urls for each stream?

Just saw this.

For Twitch it's always the same, but for YouTube it generates a new URL every time, with the next scheduled live stream available via the vanity URL: youtube.com/channel_name/live

For Sim Broadcasts, I'll now be scheduling every round before a season begins, so the list of URLs and VODs will be known ahead of time if that helps?
Quote from Viperakecske :No money prize,enough to look at Buggyra,high prize high attendation
Same whit TRR,high prize high attendation

There's like 4 "fun" league that has 30+racers/race

FM GTi Thursday
FM Fox Friday
MRc FBM Saturday
Race Green events

MRc Bf1 League was weird,first 2 round had 30+ drivers then suddenly max 12,car too fast for them Shrug Big grin

Having prize money doesn’t seem to help, even have 2 prices for any competitor (not position related). And i’m not putting any more of my own money into this. Life is expensive enough as it is right now.
Thanks for bumping this, Tim. Even though this thread pertains to season two at the beginning of 2022, we yet again see a long list of signups for season 3 (~30), but after 3 rounds only 11 of those showed up for round 4, a third of the original signups.

What is going on?

I feel like we've nailed this season of MRcRX, the on-the-day running of the event is 100% slicker than season 2, the format has been refined, you've built 4 mods for the championship and had one endorsed by Saab, you've got 5 real-life rally drivers involved (most of whom turned up today), the advertising on Discord/Twitter has been much better, the broadcast has been as widely advertised as other series, yet the turnout is still poor.

Rallycross is not unpopular in LFS, so where are the people who signed up going, and why are we not seeing more signups in the first place? I struggle to believe we're back into the dark days, but maybe we are.

It's a crying shame that we're seeing such small grids for events like this.

Maybe we can look into getting LFS (and SBTV) on https://gridfinder.com/ ?
Well most seasons/ligues have better attendance in the beginning than in the end. At cesav.es we are currently doing good for the pre season. Tomorrow 30 registered so far. If more people show up there will be two divisions.
Quote from loopingz :Well most seasons/ligues have better attendance in the beginning than in the end. At cesav.es we are currently doing good for the pre season. Tomorrow 30 registered so far. If more people show up there will be two divisions.

People give up when they realize they are not good enough
Quote from NumberTwo :People give up when they realize they are not good enough

i included an attendence price and clean driver prize that can only be won by people who didn't win anything else. and the benefit of RX is that it's multiple short races with drivers around your laptime level. so you can always have a fight with others in your races.
true
I just don't participate because unfortunately I didn't have time but I make a point of participating in some events Smile
But what I miss (of course this will change with time and when new updates come I'm sure it will change) are new changes in tracks and beyond.

Especially in Rallys and Rallycross, it would be interesting to have mountain and forest areas in the future, I believe that there may be real circuits near mountains that the LFS could be inspired by and that could create a new circuit with access to a mountain.

I believe that LFS has the best physics of all simulators and I believe that the rallycross and rallyng communities can gain a lot from it, it just needs to be a little more invested on that side Smile

I believe there could be, for example, an application that helps create tables such as LFS Points for rallying events instead of having to create tables using power point, if there are more facilities, I believe that these communities can grow a lot in the coming years and of course we have Players help publicize these projects, which is even more important
It really is a pity. A lot of great concepts around and good reliable organisations behind it, yet the decline in active drivers is more hurtful then ever… the smaller user base compared to a couple of years ago probably further thins out the air for concepts to the left or right of mainstream ideas Frown
Quote from TFalke55 :It really is a pity. A lot of great concepts around and good reliable organisations behind it, yet the decline in active drivers is more hurtful then ever… the smaller user base compared to a couple of years ago probably further thins out the air for concepts to the left or right of mainstream ideas Frown

I believe this will change in the coming years when new updates come.
I've seen some positive feedback on reports of new updates, I'm trying my best to bring the Portuguese SimRacing community back to LiveForSpeed.

I believe when we have for example Day, Night and afternoon etc we will have very interesting races as there are other simulators such as 24 hour races etc..

I within the SimRacing communities that I'm trying to promote LiveForSpeed and all its updates and reports as much as possible and a lot of people are in awe.
Yeah, with more tracks this game would be pretty solid.
Quote from MousemanLV :Yeah, with more tracks this game would be pretty solid.

I tried using layout to avoid using just the 3 base RX tracks, but a track editor would help changing scenary and get a real stuck-in feel into the events.

But let’s first hope on a good big update and then see what the future will bring

How to improve attendance for scheduled events?
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG