The online racing simulator
What to do if completely broken down in an online race
Hey guys, I've had this question with lfs for a long time: as a race organizer, what can I do so that a crash that breaks a car completely wouldn't be the end of the race for the driver crashed. In other sims it's possible to (virtually) tow your cr to the pits and then continue. However in lfs if you pit, your lap progress resets. Is it possible to at least save someones race progress after they shift+p and let thwm continue going?
The problem I see with this is that in REAL LIFE racing, if you happen to total your car, then unfortunately, there is NO reset button!
Simple answer...DON'T CRASH!!
Oh, okay, I just thought maybe there is some sort of mod or setting for that
#4 - Racon
With InSim, you can reset a car with a packet (you can repair damage or not, and you can choose where the car is put), so it can be completely up to you how your system works.

This is what I love about InSim: no need for Scawen to make those choices and hardcode them for everyone. He makes a flexible packet instead, and everyone gets to shape their implementation of it to their own needs
Oh, right, I completely forgot inSim exists. Thanks
So i tried to figure out how to work with inSim and realized, that it can work by automating chat commands (/pitlane {name} and /setlaps{name} {laps}) through insim. But that would work if we knew the amount of laps a person completed, which I can't figure out how to do mid-race. Can someone, pls, help?
Quote from MrWave :So i tried to figure out how to work with inSim and realized, that it can work by automating chat commands (/pitlane {name} and /setlaps{name} {laps}) through insim. But that would work if we knew the amount of laps a person completed, which I can't figure out how to do mid-race. Can someone, pls, help?

You can just use car reset and configure it to add a drive through penalty for everytime it is used.
Quote from nexttime :You can just use car reset and configure it to add a drive through penalty for everytime it is used.

That's genius. Thanks a lot. How did I not think of that?
#9 - Racon
okay, I'm really bad at this, how do you apply a DT penalty? Is there an admin chat command for that, or do you have to send a specific inSim packet? if the latter, then which packet, because I can't find the right one?
Quote from Racon :The current lap is in NLP or MCI data, if you have that turned on.

https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/InSim.txt Wink

Thanks.
Apparently I can't read, because I was super sure NLP only returned leader's lap number, instead of all of them. I don't know why I thought that, but I did.
Quote from MrWave :okay, I'm really bad at this, how do you apply a DT penalty? Is there an admin chat command for that, or do you have to send a specific inSim packet? if the latter, then which packet, because I can't find the right one?

If you use Airio, you can set it up that every reset gives a DT penalty.
Quote from MrWave :okay, I'm really bad at this, how do you apply a DT penalty? Is there an admin chat command for that, or do you have to send a specific inSim packet? if the latter, then which packet, because I can't find the right one?

Yeah, you can use a text command for that: /p_dt USERNAME

One thing to watch is that you must use the smaller MST packet for sending the commands to the host, not the larger MSX packet. (I have a check in my 'say' function that looks for a leading slash and uses MST if it finds it, MSX if not.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG