The online racing simulator
Got my Prius...
(239 posts, started )
Yep
awesome fuel consumption dude btw, u wont save the enviroment with that till there r ppl like me

'96 E420 benz (RIP)

who counts the refuelling? not me hah. i usually added 75 liters each time. often or less, it was enuff for around 400kms (run for ur calculator, and do some maths hah) no matter how much i drove in city, or on highways. the sound of the engine made me floor it every time i got green.. dad totalled it a year ago, R.I.P
Has anyone seen the video "who killed the electric car?" I have seen the trailer and a sort of interview with its director and found it pretty interesting. After some research I am really looking looking forward to see fully electric cars in the future

btw I am expecting a pb on my car's consuption, I've done over 600km and the fuel light still isn't on proud of myself lol.
18th refuel on the Prius today.

I also went for the first maintenance (I reached 15000+ km on the counter, which is the trigger for the first servicing).

The maintenance was completely free of charge (I did not even have to pay for materials like engine oil or windshield wiper fluid). They also did the preventive recall job on the steering column, swapped the tyres around, fixed a rattling noise I had complained about, and dealt with a scratch on the hood... all for free, which is nice...

On the downside, my 'EV mode' button (manual forced all-electric) doesn't work anymore !!! I already called the garage and they invited me go back any day next week to get it fixed. The car does go into all-electric mode, I just can't force it manually into that mode, so it's now like the Prii sold in the USA, which don't have the manual 'EV mode' button.

After having traveled 926 kilometres on this fuel tank - this may be my best - (of which about 10km, done by the garage presumably to deal with my rattling noise), I added 43,2 liters (I overpumped less than usual).

The Q8 price was €1.26/l (a new fully automated petrol station, which was clearly cheaper than the Texaco across the road).

The analysis of this fuel tank is as follows:

4.665 liters per 100km (Prius meter showed 4.7, I had 4.6 when I left it with the garage and they managed to take it to 4.7 by driving 10km!).

Converted to other measurements, this means:
50.42 MPG USA
60.55 MPG Imperial

Solar Hydro
Went back to garage today; they fixed the 'EV mode' button in 5 min.
A connector was loose inside the dashboard.

Solar Hydro
Quick info for 18th and 19th refuel stats on the Prius.

18th (this was the tank where my EV mode button was broken for a while):
913km, added 45.0 liters (yes, the tank capacity is 45l)
4.928 l/100 km calculated, 4,7 l/100km on Prius meter.

19th:
891km, added 43.24 liters
4.85 l/100km, 4,7 l/100km on Prius meter.

Solar Hydro
Wow...you really are obsessed with this economy thing... I guess I will never understand you...
driving e36 328 coupe, loving it, wanting more power...
Damn sucks this economy stuff, my mom drives the Peugeot 307 with 6.3 l per 100km's and after some driving by me, the average always goes above 7.0 , I just cant help it
20th refuel on the Prius:

885km, added 43.1 liters

4.87 l/100km calculated.
4,7 l/100km on Prius meter (but it was on 4.8 minutes before I refueled).
You do alot of millage in your prius (sorry kilometorage haha)
I dont think i would buy one for myself, dont like the looks of them to much.
21st refuel on the Prius:

It's getting colder, so fuel consumption is rising again.

837km, added 43.01 liters (I overpumped, some will evaporate)

5.13 l/100km calculated.
4,9 l/100km on Prius meter

Solar Hydro
#112 - jsi
Haha, nice fuel economy...

And now for a total contrast... I get 15 to 16l/100km at best with my big ass GMC truck. But it weighs 2.5 tons, has a 4.8liter V8 with 285hp/300ft torque (405Nm), and can tow 4 tons easily. A full tank is 100 liters. And I got the smallest engine for that model.illepall I use it to tow the racecar trailer once in a while and drive to work everyday. It also comes in REALLY handy for other errands. I'd feel guilty for burning up all that gas, but i only drive it 30-35km per day, so it's not so bad i guess...
Quote from Solar Hydro :21st refuel on the Prius:

It's getting colder, so fuel consumption is rising again.

837km, added 43.01 liters (I overpumped, some will evaporate)

5.13 l/100km calculated.
4,9 l/100km on Prius meter

Solar Hydro

wth!!! 21st refuel!! Man Solar, if you've documented every single part of this car's refuelling and all that other cool stuff, you should have a website

21st refuel is damn good for owning the car... for what.... more than a year?!?!? Geebuzzz. Any dents or scratches along the way??
Did you change the rims? It looks nicer with the factory ones. BTW nice car. My mom drives a Brabus CV8 and it's useless when it comes to gas milage.
Hello, and thanks for the comments,

This thread was triggered by Bismarck who asked for 'real world data, not brochure info on the Prius' (see start of this thread).

I reported it for him, and it's only 5 min effort a shot to do that reporting, so I kept on doing it after every refuel (I stopped converting l/100km to other measurements, but there are webpages that do that if you need it).

Prius is now 1 years and 2 1/2 months old. I have around 19500km on the counter.

I never got round to changing the rims, I decided against the plug-in hack for the time being (extra battery lifetime - 3500 cycles guaranteed - looks too scary, although I may be wrong about that), the car remains dent-free, I had a bit of a scratch across the hood (strange one) which my garage pretty much massaged away for free (all maintenance is free for 5 years, including materials, I didn't even pay for the windshield fluid etc.).

Last week, I got an an interesting alpha-test device installed (non-prius specific) that I'll tell you about later if/once I get it to work...

To install that thing, they took my car apart (including dozens of dashboard and airbag elements, the right-side seat, door panels, etc.), and now I have 2 rattling noises, one in the dashboard speaker (again) and another I have yet to fully identify. I'll try to get the device working, and then go and haunt them about the rattling noises (I told them in advance that I'd be back if it caused rattles - I HATE rattles).

Solar Hydro
Could your dislike of rattles come from a bad childhood experience?

Keep us posted on the "Secret Weapon" you had installed. I did have a couple of questions,
1) How does your baby handle in the snow?
2) Any noticable difference in extreme cold?

Keep saving the enviroment Solar

Ant

p.s. I typed this with one hand to conserve 50% energy.
Err...do they have such extreme conditions in Belgium? I doubt
The Prius has ABS (anti brake lock) and ESP (anti wheel spin essentially).

The ABS/ESP is very sensitive, it even switches on when there is no snow (I know this because a yellow light flashes on the dash and the brakes feel weird then) on a particular bump in the road that you have to take while braking hard down to 30km/h and turning nearly 90° to the left at the same time.

We had 4-5cm of snow a few days last Winter; temps never below -8° centigrade or so. Needless to say, I ran some experiments.

I slammed the brakes in the snow in my street, and I accelerated hard in the snow as well, and basically it doesn't do much due to the ABS/ESP. All in all, that's far less fun than my previous car in which I used to do handbrake turns in the snow around the business park where my office is.

I have also driven 65-70 km/h in the snow on the motorway in heavy traffic at night, I was pretty much the fastest car on the left lane, passing numerous 4x4 SUVs. I have a movie taken with my phone while driving to prove it if needed .

Solar Hydro
Most 4x4 drivers suck anyway, the car choise obviously shows how brave they are...wussies that is
cell
Holding a mobile phone whilst driving is illegal over here. Infact, somone was prosecuted for eating a chocolate bar whilst driving over here. Seems crap, that people are still allowed to smoke and drive though, inconsistant rules, grrrrr.
Same rule here...

Sol
#122 - jsi
Quote from Solar Hydro :

I have also driven 65-70 km/h in the snow on the motorway in heavy traffic at night, I was pretty much the fastest car on the left lane, passing numerous 4x4 SUVs. I have a movie taken with my phone while driving to prove it if needed .

Solar Hydro

Hehe, around here at 65-70 km/h on a motorway, you'd get passed and waved at by every grandma on the road. With 5 cm of snow, people barely slow down in Canada. Right Ant? Of course people a "little" more used to it here, 90% of cars run snow tires and the roads are cleaned/salted (not for 4-5cm of snow though) very quickly. I'm sure it's similar in other nordic countrys like Finland, Sweden etc.

Often, visibility is what really limits my speed driving in a snow storm. Gotta be able to stop in the distance you can see ahead...
Quote from jsi : Of course people a "little" more used to it here, 90% of cars run snow tires and the roads are cleaned/salted (not for 4-5cm of snow though) very quickly. I'm sure it's similar in other nordic countrys like Finland, Sweden etc.

Yep, thats how it is. Althou the law here says you must have winter tires on your car in the 3 midwinter months, so everyone has because you just wouldn't get anywhere without them. And about the winter speeds, well, I did 120 the other day on when overtaking trucks on the fast lane, and it's winter So it's really about how the road is like. Oh and the car was a nice Toyota Avensis, nice car's these Toyotas
Quote from jsi :Hehe, around here at 65-70 km/h on a motorway, you'd get passed and waved at by every grandma on the road. With 5 cm of snow, people barely slow down in Canada. Right Ant?

So true JSI ...so true.

I just wondered how the electric steering handles snow and ice, also if the battery suffers in cold temps like here in Canada...-28 C for 5 or 6 days in a row say.

Find the rattle yet Solar? :Kick_Can_
22nd refuel on the Prius:

837km, added 43.2 liters

5.16 l/100km calculated.
5,0 l/100km on Prius meter

Solar Hydro

Got my Prius...
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG