The online racing simulator
Bavaria 325 Derivative
Working on a Bavaria 325 Derivative

https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/A3D972

Says derivatives allowed so I assume OK Smile

Aiming to make it skinnable, give it a beefier engine, wider wheels, so it can compete with FZ5 in performance, and light bar configuration for Cruise servers

Posting this here cuz the mod submission page says I should Smile
This project has since progressed, I talked about what I did over on [TC] CityDriving forum

I aimed to use this on cruise server so I added a lightbar

Didn't finish writing my post but it submitted..

Anyway there's still stuff to do with it, I made it skinnable but in the process it lost its ability to be tinted, I'll fix that later

I want to make the lightbar stuff optional too as a config option, sure that's possible as I've seen other mods do it, just need to figure out how that's done
Hello, mate!
I appreciate that you helped me with my siren lights colors.
That Bavaria goes well.
I will be glad if I can help you to your mod.
Discord: DOTZ Yasen#3252
#5 - m4x1
Hi dude love the work on this car, I’m curious would there be a possibility going forwards to get more engine variants of the same car? Thinking 320i/d 330i/d and the big boy 335i/d?
#6 - Rubie
why this car is flat 6 ?
^yeah it should be a 3.0 I6 turbo.

Should be something like this, based on the M340i which is close to FZ5 in performance.
Attached files
B58B30.eng - 427.8 KB - 103 views
Thanks for comments, I have not worked on engine yet I just uploaded a version I was messing around with last monday and waited to see if it would be published Smile Since it has I'll work more on it soon
Would it be possible to have an orange lightbar available for TOW/MED usage? Smile
Please please please make M3 version after!
Quote from [OD :Jardim;1982276"]^yeah it should be a 3.0 I6 turbo.

Should be something like this, based on the M340i which is close to FZ5 in performance.

I have updated my mod with your engine. I gave it a brief try and it felt nice.

Front numberplate/rear are no longer grey, now white/yellow.. Still havent figured out how to fix the shading split on front...

Skin can be tinted in LFS now

Quote :Would it be possible to have an orange lightbar available for TOW/MED usage?

I haven't figured out how to do multiple configurations yet, but it will be done eventually
Quote from tommer :I have updated my mod with your engine. I gave it a brief try and it felt nice.

Glad you liked it, I had several opportunities to drive 335s in the past 6-8 years and it's a thrilling experience.
Hey nice mod, love bmwsSmile but can you make dieferent options to lightbar?In some server driving with lightbar requires cop licenses and etc, would be glad if you will do that small changeSmile
Quote from sendnudes420 :Hey nice mod, love bmwsSmile but can you make dieferent options to lightbar?In some server driving with lightbar requires cop licenses and etc, would be glad if you will do that small changeSmile

It'll come, as soon as I figure out how Tongue
Just updated the mod
Added Amber Light Config
Added VCU Config (No lightbar)
Front plate gets side lights on VCU/Cop
Sounds inside car now different to outside

Note... Amber config has limitations actually it was really hard to get an amber config in at all, b/c of LFS limitations, the amber lights are not on the indicators but rather on normal lights and the white lamps are on the indicators.. Yes I know fz5 safety etc is not setup like that but the problem is unique to the shape of this car and the way LFS maps textures
Hmm, my mod and the other BAV cars are not published this morning, did something happen?

Frown
Hello, the explanation is in your e-mail.
I clicked Publish again since I've had no message to say there's a problem with the mod, it's back up for the time being.

If there is a problem I'd hope for some communication on the matter though
To explain thoroughly:

While doing research on the model sites, the open3dmodels terms of service state that "...all the resources on Open3dModel are only use for your personal project or educational purposes.", which unfortunately is not acceptable for use in LFS. Personal project is being read as non-public, to learn and tweak the model for your own use.

Retrospectively all other open3dmodel mods have been unpublished as well.

Apologies for your work going to waste. If you manage to find other source, you can try uploading the mod again for review.
I won't be seeking out another source.

Just to make it clear, this is a big problem. If LFS Mods will be spending their time AFTER a mod is approved retrospectively finding reasons to remove that mod then you can count me out of making mods.

Maybe you think this is an OK way to run things, but I personally will not accept it, I won't be messing about with mods any more in LFS. Cheers.
It is modder's responsibility to use legal sources to his mod. Yes, the reviewers made a mistake by initially approving the not-fully-legal mod, but that doesn't neglect the fact the modder uploaded the not-fully-legal mod in fist place.
I understand why you're upset.

Please try to see it from the reviewers point of view though. In the beginning, there was very little guidance for reviewers to go by. As we created the rules, we found out some model sources don't allow use in LFS according to their terms. As we learned how to proceed, we slowly changed the rules on the go. I understand that is confusing for someone with no insight.

I went through all real life based mods today and there is absolute minimum of those that are problematic. 95% of mods already are ok with the rules, so there's no need for any of them to be retrospectively removed.

Please do mind that the mod submission guidelines state though:
...Any mod can be deleted for any reason in future, including but not limited to:
8.5 Breaches guidelines or rules after they are adjusted at a later time.

So yes, LFS mods may and will be checked at later time, as the guidelines state.
It's fine, you do you, I'll do me. Just don't expect any more from me in the future.

As far as I'm concerned a breach of social contract was committed here. Specifically a lack of respect for the limited time that we have on this planet. That may not be conveniently numbered in a bureaucrats handbook but I'll give it the arbitrary number 1.2 to please the minds of those who like to think in terms of rules and regulations rather than the basic humanity of the situation.

I already play other games with much larger audiences that handle third party content much better.

As my mod was a derivative of another approved mod, LFS Devs had not one but two chances to check the legal standing of the vehicle before approving it.

I've already sunk about what... 10 hours? 12? into making that derivative. That's time I won't get back in my life, maybe not the biggest amount of time but I certainly won't risk that again.

Unless I get a statement to say that once a mod is approved LFS Mods won't be seeking out reasons to take a mod down unless a company is actually actively telling them they have a problem, I genuinely don't see the point in continuing to make vehicle mods..

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Quote from tommer :It's fine, you do you, I'll do me. Just don't expect any more from me in the future.

[...]

Oh god, chill out.

LFS developers have much more at stake in this case than you do - they risk getting sued for mods that infringe intellectual property.

Meanwhile the worst that can happen to you is that your mod will get removed. That's it.

Bavaria 325 Derivative
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG