The online racing simulator
Lancia Stratos
(81 posts, started )
I am using your engine, I just increased the redline to 8500.
That might mess with the power curve and the sound.(higher RPM higher pitch) Those Dino V6 didn’t rev up that high
OK, I see. I will revert that change then.
I was looking at some photos and onboard videos and even though they shift up at about 7000 RPM, the speedo gauge actually goes up to 10000, so I thought the redline would be higher than 7200.

Thanks for the article. I'm trying to recreate the rally spec.
Quote from Flame CZE :I was looking at some photos and onboard videos and even though they shift up at about 7000 RPM, the speedo gauge actually goes up to 10000, so I thought the redline would be higher than 7200.

It may be my eyes, but to me he is shifting at 8000

The guy is even reaching 8500+ several times
Attached images
Capture.PNG
You're right, like here for example Big grin

Attached images
8500.jpg
anyway, this is not surprising : to have a good acceleration, as much as you can, you need power (or "powerband", "mean power"...), so you better be able to reach RPM higher than just the "max power RPM". For instance, the stratos engine is supposed to give its max power at 7000 (but you can suppose it is a classic small lie quite common in rallying : remember the 2000's car having "300hp" but able to get sub 4s to the 0-100kmph with more than 1200kg, while in real they were having at least 300hp between 2000 and 7500 rpm), so the real peak power is probably higher with some more hp, and you have a gearbox doing some classic 1500RPM drop between gears when hitting +8000rpm, leaving the engine running around the peak power RPM to maximize the acceleration.
Having cars hitting the peak power at the redline is not so efficient regarding this (NB : this does not mean Ferrari road cars are not accelerating quickly Tongue ), this seems then normal for a rally car to have a redline higher by a consequent margin than the peak power.
Sound like I’m going to rework it a bit more! Thanks for the videos and links guys! New redline will be 8500 rpm’s and will retune the sound so it stays that deep tone at that high rpm’s
Quote from martin18 :Sound like I’m going to rework it a bit more! Thanks for the videos and links guys! New redline will be 8500 rpm’s and will retune the sound so it stays that deep tone at that high rpm’s

Thanks Smile

By the way, I've tried aligning the gauges with real life photos. According to the photos, the speedo should be aligned with the steering wheel and the two small gauges in the top right are aligned around the centreline of the car.

However, something seems to be wrong, because when I do it like this, the speedo doesn't align with the steering wheel in LFS. But I can't move the steering wheel to the right because then it wouldn't align with the seat. Maybe the seats should really be closer together?
Attached images
i-jg47tHF-X4.jpg
VFzwajm.jpg
unknown.png
lfs_00000195.jpg
Pretty sure the steering wheel in this wasn't aligned with the seat, neither were the pedals. They talk about it on a Top Gear feature on the car.
-
(detail) DELETED by detail : no point
I think the frame corner by which you aligned the image, is closer to the photo camera than the panel plane, and it has some parallax effect. It seems to be closer to the center than it really is. So I think you can widen the reference texture.

...or I'm wrong, if you aligned it by the panel itself.
flam wehre is kar?
I haven't worked on it much recently, the interior is still quite dull and the driver doesn't align with the steering wheel yet. But it looks good from underneath Big grin
Attached images
lfs_00001202.jpg
lfs_00001203.jpg
#43 - Gunn
I'm looking forward to seeing this project completed.

Not sure if you've seen this video, but it may help...

Engine not done yet either… been busy with holidays and I just moved to another place, and just went back to work today.
Updated the dashboard with more switches and more visible texture. I've also finally aligned the driver animation with the steering wheel.

Attached images
44F6888C-1EFB-4BF6-AA03-AD357AD070E7.jpeg
It's skinnable now Smile

Attached images
lfs_00001212.jpg
lfs_00001213.jpg
lfs_00001214.jpg
That's excellent Martin.
Quote from Flame CZE :Thanks Smile

By the way, I've tried aligning the gauges with real life photos. According to the photos, the speedo should be aligned with the steering wheel and the two small gauges in the top right are aligned around the centreline of the car.

However, something seems to be wrong, because when I do it like this, the speedo doesn't align with the steering wheel in LFS. But I can't move the steering wheel to the right because then it wouldn't align with the seat. Maybe the seats should really be closer together?

I remember watching Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear episode with Lancia Stratos. Jeremy told that steering wheel is a little bit to the right from drivers seat
Oh yeah that looks good! What's left before getting it public?
I think I'll wait for martin18's engine sound update and then I will publish it Smile

Lancia Stratos
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG