TEST Patch A2 - Mod AI / EV regenerative braking
TEST PATCH A3 IS NOW AVAILABLE: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96825

Hello Racers,

Here is a new test patch: 0.7A2

The changes are listed below.

0.7A2 is COMPATIBLE with 0.7A

- You CAN connect online with 0.7A
- You CAN play replays from 0.7A

Please back up or rename your LFS.exe from 0.7A so you can revert to it if necessary.

Changes from 0.7A to 0.7A2:

AI for Mods:

AI paths can be generated for mods with a drive system, excluding bikes
- Paths can only be generated in single player
- Simply add your AI and click GO
- You have to wait a while the first time the path is generated
- NOTE: If the vehicle can roll, the AI does not avoid rolling it

Regenerative braking for Electric Vehicles:

- Only for FWD and RWD vehicles
- Charging efficiency 90%
- Uses reverse motor torque as much as possible on drive axle
- Reduces brakes in accordance with the reverse motor torque
- NOTE: motor braking is affected by limited slip differential

Electric Vehicles:

Recharge rate is now 600kW * 0.9 charging efficiency
FIX: Karts and EVs could drive during pitstop (throttle now held at zero)

Misc:

FIX: /car command required capital letters for SkinID
FIX: Crash when saving setup of a mod that was not yet loaded
FIX: Crash with live settings for a mod that was not yet loaded

INSTALLATION:

A FULL version of LFS 0.7A must already be installed

To install the PATCH using the SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE:

1) Move or save the patch into your main LFS folder
2) Double click the patch to extract it to that folder
3) When you see "Confirm File Replace" select "Yes to All"
4) Now you can start LFS in the normal way

NOTE: You can see if the patch is correctly installed when you run
the program (LFS.exe). At the bottom of the entry screen: 0.7A2

DOWNLOAD:

PATCH 0.7A TO 0.7A2 (SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE) (If you already have 0.7A)
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.p ... e=LFS_PATCH_7A_TO_7A2.exe (1 MB)
Quote from Scawen :Recharge rate is now 600kW * 0.9 charging efficiency
FIX: Karts and EVs could drive during pitstop (throttle now held at zero)

Oooh,no more 18MW recharge stations with extendable cables? Big grin
Just tested AI path generation: seems to work fine so far. Thanks!
Not sure have I missed something, but in Single Player, if I toggle mandatory pit stop on/off and then restart the race with modded cars on the grid, all those modded cars will be removed from the grid. Standard cars do stay on the grid though. If I then try to add modded cars, I get notification that this server doesn't allow to use mods.

This also happens if I (dis)allow refueling and then restart the race. And if only modded cars are on server, the game will naturally throw me into lobby.

EDIT: It also happens, if I toggle allowing car reset on or off
I haven't been able to reproduce that. Does it happen if you exit LFS and go back in again? I'm trying to understand what can get your LFS into that state. Are you using the on-screen buttons to change the settings?
Quote from tankslacno :Not sure have I missed something, but in Single Player, if I toggle mandatory pit stop on/off and then restart the race with modded cars on the grid, all those modded cars will be removed from the grid. ...

I confirm I have this as well. I recorded what I do to reproduce (I set /mustpit=yes as a command, and press Shift+R to restart race): https://streamable.com/opbv7m After doing this, as tankslacno described, I can no longer choose mods as my car ("This host does not allow you to use mods", upon clicking the Mods button in car selector). If I press Back on the Single Player lobby screen (close the offline session), and choose Single Player again, it now allows me to choose mods again.
Quote from Scawen :I haven't been able to reproduce that. Does it happen if you exit LFS and go back in again? I'm trying to understand what can get your LFS into that state.

Yes it happened initially, but here's a weird thing. I happened to reproduce that again when I restarted LFS, but after a while, I somehow managed to fix that and I don't know how I did that. The only thing what I did that potentially could've fixed that is that I typed /allowmods yes on lobby
Quote from MandulAA :I confirm I have this as well. I recorded what I do to reproduce

OK, thanks! I got that too. I've made a note.

The bug doesn't seem to happen if you use the on-screen buttons in the game setup screen, instead of text commands.
Quote from tankslacno :Yes it happened initially, but here's a weird thing. I happened to reproduce that again when I restarted LFS, but after a while, I somehow managed to fix that and I don't know how I did that. The only thing what I did that potentially could've fixed that is that I typed /allowmods yes on lobby

OK! I see, this only happens if you have set "Allow vehicle mods" to NO on the Start New Host screen. Big grin Then if you change one of the settings you mentioned, while in-game, then it will 'bring in' that multiplayer setting into single player!
By the way, I noticed three (two new and one old) potential bugs/minor annoyances, but I'm not sure are these intentional or not:

1) When the path is first time generated for AI's, it does display those AI-drivers total fuel and stint amount-messages, but the session actually doesn't start. I have to press that GO-button again and therefore those messages are displayed twice

2) If session is already started, I can't add AI-driver using a modded car, unless that car already has a path generated for that track. So it can't generate that path if session is already started. This means that if I want to add any new modded cars on track, I have to first end that session/return to lobby and then add those new cars.

3) If I've disallowed refueling on qualifying, AI-drivers will run out of fuel during the middle of their in lap (lap 4). If refueling is allowed, AI-drivers are able to return to pits properly during qualifying as they have enough fuel when joining track.
Scawen, you should update the URL to be HTTPS in the first post. In some browsers, it won't allow a HTTP download from an HTTPS source, and just silently fails/does nothing.
-
(CozmicDragon) DELETED by CozmicDragon
#12 - w126
Is AI driving on rallycross tracks always disabled for car mods? Maybe there is a chance it could work acceptably for lower power cars.
I don't know what is the rule for standard LFS cars regarding this. Is it based on tyre availability and power-to-weight ratio? Or is it just hardcoded after some experiments?
Quote from tankslacno :1) When the path is first time generated for AI's, it does display those AI-drivers total fuel and stint amount-messages, but the session actually doesn't start. I have to press that GO-button again and therefore those messages are displayed twice

2) If session is already started, I can't add AI-driver using a modded car, unless that car already has a path generated for that track. So it can't generate that path if session is already started. This means that if I want to add any new modded cars on track, I have to first end that session/return to lobby and then add those new cars.

3) If I've disallowed refueling on qualifying, AI-drivers will run out of fuel during the middle of their in lap (lap 4). If refueling is allowed, AI-drivers are able to return to pits properly during qualifying as they have enough fuel when joining track.

1) Is intended, as multiple AI paths can take some time to generate. So you shouldn't have to sit there all ready to go while waiting.

2) Yes because the AI path generation is a "full hang" type of algorithm, so it's not suitable for use in game.

3) I should have a look at that. I reproduced it with UF1 at FE3.

Quote from gu3st :Scawen, you should update the URL to be HTTPS in the first post. In some browsers, it won't allow a HTTP download from an HTTPS source, and just silently fails/does nothing.

Thanks, I've done that.

Quote from w126 :Is AI driving on rallycross tracks always disabled for car mods? Maybe there is a chance it could work acceptably for lower power cars.
I don't know what is the rule for standard LFS cars regarding this. Is it based on tyre availability and power-to-weight ratio? Or is it just hardcoded after some experiments?

How it works at the moment - if the mod car has a default setup with off road tyres, then the AI can use it.
Quote from Scawen :1) Is intended, as multiple AI paths can take some time to generate. So you shouldn't have to sit there all ready to go while waiting.

Um, what I actually meant about that minor annoyance is that when AI path generation is completed, it does display those messages about fuel amount per lap, total fuel amount and amount of stints for AI-drivers. But since I have to press that GO-button again, it does display those same fuel-messages again. The minor annoyance is therefore that those messages are displayed twice instead of once when AI driver using modded car joins on a track for first time.

EDIT: Additionally, I noticed one thing. If I've disabled "AI use player setup"-setting, it does display a message:

Could not load AI path info but it can be generated : [MOD NAME] when I select a track, where AI does not have a path generated.

And here's actually a bug. If I try to add AI driver using a modded car not having a path generated on track and when that setting is disabled, it does display that aforementioned message twice. This only happens if I first load a track and then add AI driver. I've attached a screenshot about this.
Attached images
lfs_00000294.jpg
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
I don't know if it's something to do with the Blackbird car mod but it generated path fine first time and AI even drove on track. Then i cleared the list and tried to add it again and it displays errors.

Deleted generated knw, it generates it again, but still says that AI driver settings do not match.

Attached images
LFS_qsC8xvyDSH.png
Thanks! It's very funny!!!
Attached images
lfs_00000052.jpg
lfs_00000053.jpg
lfs_00000054.jpg
lfs_00000055.jpg
Two (possibly three) bugs:

1) Confirming this bug is existing also in modded cars.

I tested modded AI's on Westhill National Reverse and International Reverse. This same bug happens on both standard and modded cars with AI. When they're trying to enter the pitlane, it's pretty much completely luck if they manage to end up into literally right side of the pitlane or will they just spin off and end up to the wrong side. This happens especially with faster cars.

I've attached two Single Player Replays about this bug, one with modded AI's and one with standard AI's.

2) With AI-drivers, cars that use electrical motor start with 100% "fuel" load at the start despite fuel amount-message telling otherwise. Even if race lasts just 1 lap, they will start with 100% in tank. Attached a screenshot about this. This happens in practice, qualifying and race.

3) Possible bug: it seems like that on these two tracks, AI drivers will pit a lap earlier than necessary. Attached a screenshot about Raceabout going to pits even though that driver has easily more than lap amount of fuel left (and it's not last lap since no one has lapped that car).
Attached images
Raceabout_Pitting.jpg
ElectricalStart.jpg
Attached files
WE1R_Mod.spr - 4 MB - 98 views
WE2R_Standard.spr - 15.9 MB - 81 views
Tried path creation with both approved and non-approved cars and it's working fine.

Tried regenerative braking and it's working as well: https://streamable.com/umbxei
Attached images
lfs_00000406.png
lfs_00000408.png
lfs_00000404.png
3 wheelers also have issues entering to corners.
Attached images
lfs_00000008.jpg
AIs rolling with specific mods does not have to be reported:
Quote from Scawen :- NOTE: If the vehicle can roll, the AI does not avoid rolling it

It's a great update
Will there be front and rear brake support for two-wheeled bikes?
Will steering wobble be fixed on take off for two-wheelers?
Finally, will there be a stability limit multiplier for bicyclists?
Quote from PEPSIMANTR :Tried path creation with both approved and non-approved cars and it's working fine.

Tried regenerative braking and it's working as well: https://streamable.com/umbxei

Off-topic, but how do you get so many tire marks remaining on tarmac? That looks amazing.
Quote from Cutie pie :Off-topic, but how do you get so many tire marks remaining on tarmac? That looks amazing.

Looks default to me, but you can always increase/decrease the tyre marks in cfg.txt by adjusting these two values:

Rubber Lay 0.**
Rubber Dark 0.**
Would it be possible to control the regenerative braking strength while driving?

Many cars have such a feature, my old Smart even used the shifting paddles to modify the strength.

Maybe some commands like
/rb 0-10
/rb +
/rb -
Quote from Scawen :
AI for Mods:

AI paths can be generated for mods with a drive system, excluding bikes
- Paths can only be generated in single player
- Simply add your AI and click GO
- You have to wait a while the first time the path is generated
- NOTE: If the vehicle can roll, the AI does not avoid rolling it

This has been working flawlessly for me, and I think is a brilliant addition.
I've spend more time in LFS this week, than I have for years.

My only feedback is I've noticed the AI locking up frequently with some combos, for example the Camerra at South City Town.
Not sure if this is a mod-specific issue though.

Thanks for adding this feature!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG