The online racing simulator
650RR
(35 posts, started )
Quote from PeterN :
Also can the windscreen be made lighter? When adjusting the game view to be able to see the dials half the screen is then very dark!

I want to also say that this is due to the shadow the reason it's extra dark, not sure how I can fix this, I can lighten the outside glass, but nothing will change for the inside.
Quote from ELDemon :Edit: So after so fiddling it seems to be the way I imported the model Scawen, so the problem I have is that it works, but it looks like this, is there an easy way to fix this without reimporting that whole section?

Yes, you need to edit that subobject. I assume it is a "steering wheel" subobject.

You need to edit it and select all the points and rotate them, so that the fork stanchions look "vertical" when the object has rotation of 0,0,0

I suggest this approach:

- enter modeller
- set rotation of the steering wheel subobject to 0,0,0
- take a side view and, with an appropriate rotation point selected, rotate all points around that point, to make the fork stanchions vertical

For the rotation, you could do a calculation to work it out or use a trial and error method. I recommend, if you do trial and error, you should undo after each trial before you try again. This will avoid inaccuracy building up from multiple rotations.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, you need to edit that subobject. I assume it is a "steering wheel" subobject.

You need to edit it and select all the points and rotate them, so that the fork stanchions look "vertical" when the object has rotation of 0,0,0

I suggest this approach:

- enter modeller
- set rotation of the steering wheel subobject to 0,0,0
- take a side view and, with an appropriate rotation point selected, rotate all points around that point, to make the fork stanchions vertical

For the rotation, you could do a calculation to work it out or use a trial and error method. I recommend, if you do trial and error, you should undo after each trial before you try again. This will avoid inaccuracy building up from multiple rotations.

Think it is very close now, there is a slight inconsistency you may not see and the handlebars travel through the windscreen when turning to max angle while being stopped, I will try to heavily improve the mod overall and have some planned things wanted by others. Thanks for the help Scawen, appreciate it.
Fixed some inconsistencies and this bike actually feels really good for me, I don't think I will make many changes to physics now.
Found this video on YouTube. Impressive. IDK if the mirror issue is fixed/fixeable. Impressive to see the head in helmet moving in the mirrors. Big grin
Quote from detail :Found this video on YouTube. Impressive. IDK if the mirror issue is fixed/fixeable. Impressive to see the head in helmet moving in the mirrors. Big grin

That should be fixed very soon, the whole mirror will be replaced with new ones.

edit: if you are talking about the holes that is, the greying out is because he went to close with the helmet.
I meant the disappearing reflection.
Quote from detail :I meant the disappearing reflection.

Not sure I can do anything about that. Maybe scawen never expected you to go that close.
Quote from Scawen :?

So why was this moved to my "saved" section and after hitting published the ratings are completely wiped... that's funny how it almost reached approval now completely wiped ratings? lol?
Quote from ELDemon :So why was this moved to my "saved" section and after hitting published the ratings are completely wiped... that's funny how it almost reached approval now completely wiped ratings? lol?

Please read the e-mails.

I was going through some older mods accepted earlier on, when the sources were not that thoroughly checked. I found out source links of some of your models were missing. Thus I asked you to reinstate the model source, as it was there at the time of publishing and i see no reason for it to be removed.

Later, it was brought to my attention the model you linked to is not the same as the one which you are using in LFS. Think of it what you want, but remember that you have to use the same model you are linking to.

You seem to think we hold a grudge against you and don't publish your mods and "harrass" you because we're the "friends circle", in your words, as i saw you say in chat on the Just a ride server.

Sadly for you, that's not the truth. You seem to get easily upset when we ask you to follow the rules, which are currently in place. Yes, the rules can change and will change, as everyone of us gets grips with how to approach mods and their publication. Your job is to fulfill these rules, because you're the one being responsible for acceptability of the mods in review.

Meanwhile, you have submitted 4 mods for review, which are only blank models on wheels, because to you it makes no sense to put any work into the mods before they are published. Even if you want to test the sources, you can do it in a different way than sending the models for review. By sending unfinished models for review, you have to understand it will take even more time for us to decide what to do with them.

Honestly, you're the only one to act this way. Others seem to be able to follow the rules, even if they might seem confusing at times, i admit.

I'd advise you (without any bad intent) to really try, to not cut corners and if any of your mods is denied, or sent back with changes requested, simply do that, as we don't do it for no reason. We have no problem with you. I feel like it's you, who has problem with us.

Meanwhile last two weeks i've been working on a list of reliable sources of models, which you can use mostly safely (no guarantees). I hope the list will be made public as soon as possible, so the community has some guideline on where to look.

Thank you for your understanding.

650RR
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG