650RR
(35 posts, started )
650RR
Vehicle mod: 650RR
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/8ADBEE

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Recreation of a sports bike 650cc *READ NOTES*

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :This is a wild beast to tame, handle it very smoothly. Small smooth turning inputs as well as acceleration and braking.. if you want to brake hard do so in a straight line or you will most likely crash. Until you master the bike do not touch the curbs they will upset the bike.

To master this bike you need to learn to be gentle on and off both accelerator and braking without upset to the bike you need to apply and lift them gently.

For Wheel Users I recommend 300-450 degrees with 70% force and 0 turn compensation.

I am still working on getting the specific specs for the bike close to the counterpart and changes to specifics will come over time.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
It's just awesome! Very easy to control at low speeds, just like the mini-moto.

For mouse, take 20% restriction, and it will be very easy to drive.

couple replays: #1 -- how long it takes to get used to it (couple of minutes), in #2 I caught a "high-wheel" in the end.
Attached files
Motorradfahrer_AS3Y_8ADBEE_4.spr - 53.5 KB - 160 views
Motorradfahrer_AS3Y_8ADBEE_3.spr - 280.1 KB - 111 views
Can you make the wheel hubs stay in the correct position? Same with the front...
Attached images
650RR.png
I tried it, didn't catch the high-side, but I can't tell the difference apart from that, probably I'm not skilled enough yet.
Attached files
Motorradfahrer_AS3Y_8ADBEE_6.spr - 116.5 KB - 119 views
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : not needed
The mudguard and the hubs don't move with the wheel and it doesn't actually steer the handlebar. Those are my main complaints atm.
Quote from PeterN :Can you make the wheel hubs stay in the correct position? Same with the front...

This is all fixed please review if it's still not correct please let me know

Quote from Latvian Video :The mudguard and the hubs don't move with the wheel and it doesn't actually steer the handlebar. Those are my main complaints atm.

Also some issues with the handlebars working correctly, I Have tried so many times to make them work correctly but I am sure I am doing something wrong.
Oh, that's what you meant. Great to see them fixed!

Drove this on TC CityDriving tonight. Many drivers had a problem with suspension: when you fall down and hit a barrier with the wheels, vertical component gets damaged. You restore the bike and just sit on the ground, unable to move at all.

Also question: does it really have 30-45 cm suspension travel? Probably if it gets limited vertically, the bike will be able to sit on the wheels bumper stops when the spring is broken?
Quote from detail :Oh, that's what you meant. Great to see them fixed!

Drove this on TC CityDriving tonight. Many drivers had a problem with suspension: when you fall down and hit a barrier with the wheels, vertical component gets damaged. You restore the bike and just sit on the ground, unable to move at all.

Also question: does it really have 30-45 cm suspension travel? Probably if it gets limited vertically, the bike will be able to sit on the wheels bumper stops when the spring is broken?

Did you use a default setup for cruising, I think since the We1 sets are very stiff on suspension aswell and damping etc, I'm sure that's most likely the problem, can you try to reproduce this using a soft set?
Just a minute ago I got the rear supsension damaged by a steel barrier thrown at me. Unfortunately, already had saved a replay before that. Lemme record some more.
Here it is. See the end of the MPR, and the setup.

P.S. Was fun to see wheel users complain "it's undriveable on supers!" Smile

18 people are now using the bike online. It's very addictive! Congratulations Smile
Attached files
bike suspension damage.mpr - 2.2 MB - 118 views
8ADBEE_soft.set - 132 B - 156 views
Quote from detail :Here it is. See the end of the MPR, and the setup.

P.S. Was fun to see wheel users complain "it's undriveable on supers!" Smile

18 people are now using the bike online. It's very addictive! Congratulations Smile

Very strange indeed, not sure even how to go about mending this without disturbing the flow, I also did notice the sensitivity of damage for the bikes, small wheelies on the stiffer setup will cause damage to the front,(edited, I fixed this issue)
Just checked the replay, and see it was a red barrier effect, not exactly a collision.
Quote from detail :Just checked the replay, and see it was a red barrier effect, not exactly a collision.

posted an update, unsure if it fixed it as I cant test it myself
Quote from ELDemon :posted an update, unsure if it fixed it as I cant test it myself

Seems to work now, thanks a lot!
Quote from detail :Seems to work now, thanks a lot!

No problem, let me know if you find anything else, but handlebars are on my learn to how make work list Smile
in first person when you look back you can see yourself
Quote from AlienBG :in first person when you look back you can see yourself

That's a common problem in all other cars, can be fixed only by the devs.
Quote from detail :That's a common problem in all other cars, can be fixed only by the devs.

nope i have this problem only in your model
Quote from AlienBG :nope i have this problem only in your model

Yes, you have the same thing in every model, it's just that in other models driver is sitting. The only way to "fix" it as you ask, is to put the driver to sit upright, which will look awkwardly.
I love this mod!
Quote from 1993S14 :I love this mod!

Thanks, glad everyone is enjoying it, this was a real challenge! Planned update soon
This and the 650RR-T have the same issue, the handle bars do not move with steering.

Also can the windscreen be made lighter? When adjusting the game view to be able to see the dials half the screen is then very dark!
Community ratings are suggesting to approve this mod soon but I don't think it's a good idea until the handlebar turning is fixed. Here's a link to my video about setting up a bike properly with various values including trail reduction / fork offset.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96435
Quote from Scawen :Community ratings are suggesting to approve this mod soon but I don't think it's a good idea until the handlebar turning is fixed. Here's a link to my video about setting up a bike properly with various values including trail reduction / fork offset.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96435

I tried a few times even following along to that very video, I think my problem came from how I initially Imported it.

I could make it rotate now but it would not line up correctly at the bottom.

Edit: So after so fiddling it seems to be the way I imported the model Scawen, so the problem I have is that it works, but it looks like this, is there an easy way to fix this without reimporting that whole section?
Attached images
LFS Editor 02_01_2022 20_14_02.png
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : found problem
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : ..

650RR
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG