The online racing simulator
based on the last 3 messages, I would think about how long the mod test will take, and the period when the mods will be released and there will be a major release with updated graphics

if the game starts having problems because of this, then it would be possible to take a compromise path:
- limit ourselves at this stage to 1280 triangles
- when publicly testing new graphics, raise the limit to 5k triangles

P.S. Scawen, can you check "Contact Us" mailbox for my question?
Quote from Scawen :I don't really care that much about what other games do. As far as I know, they don't have an instant in-game mods download system like ours, but correct me if I'm wrong. And note the point I made wasn't about what frame rate you might achieve when the car was already set up. I didn't mention FPS at all. I talked about pit-out glitch which is about an initialisation process.

I don't quite understand what this is about, because my knowledge of the language does not always make it possible to correctly understand a particular sentence or convey an idea. If I understand correctly - about loading models when entering the server, in the event that the player does not have a car, I agree in this case there are nuances, but my business is to suggest, yours is to refuse or take note, or maybe even improve)
I think further discussion of this makes sense in another forum thread.
Well I have to balance suggestions and I have to try to take everything into consideration. Each person has their own thing that they care about and I can never please everyone. I don't look with great curiosity at what most other games do, because I don't want to be influenced by them too much and I am not interested in going down their development path. I constantly try to think what we are trying to achieve. Limits are gradually increased over time. There has been a huge increase in limits recently and it is already beginning to cause problems. Although I don't always know the exact causes of problems, I try to keep some caution. For example if I threw all caution to the wind, we would have mods that use between 50 MB and 500 MB as I have seen on the internet during my limited research into mods for other games. Then the whole online download system wouldn't really work and we would have a mess. The LFS system is designed so you can go online and see dozens of mods you have never seen before, downloaded almost instantly and appearing there, without loss of frame rate or glitches when people exit the pits. I find it a huge balancing act and it takes time, which is why I don't increase all limits whenever requested.
well, then there is a suggestion. if we take into account that we have 22 spokes with a maximum of 256 triangles, we can simply make a check when loading obj or sre of the spoke object, check the number of triangles using the formula 256 * number <= 5632

why exactly so, because at this moment the final rim can be assembled with such a number of triangles

now we are not asking to increase the limit, we are asking you to make the correct calculation

and it would be very informative if, when loading, you do not just receive the message "to many triangles", but receive a more detailed message that the object has an excess of points or triangles by a certain number
It's not calculated properly intentionally?
I can load a rim that is cut at 5 (the attached shot), but I can't load the whole rim when its not cut.
What is the point then? I will have to cut it anyway. Uhmm
I don't know if I explained it correctly, sorry.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
kk.JPG
aa.JPG
Quote from Evolution_R :I don't know if I explained it correctly, sorry.

I'm not really sure what you mean but maybe the conversation above got too mixed up so you missed my point.

I agreed with the point made by Vladimir, that the number of triangles per spoke object should depend on the number of spokes (but it is not like that at the moment).

I plan to set the total number of triangles at 1280 which will be the same as 5 spokes of 256 triangles, or 4 spokes of 320 spokes, or a single spoke object of 1280. This will require an editor update.
Version W54. Opened LFS, opened mods list, scrolled some pages, selected a vehicle, then chose usual car, then again mod, scrolled the list => these messages posted without stopping. I pressed Ctrl-S, and within 0.1s the notification was pushed away by those error messages.

The messages stopped appearing only when I quit the mods window.
Attached images
lfs_00000013.jpg
@mcmustang
Same here (1920x1080), but when you put LFS Editor in Full screen mode or Borderless window this issue disappear.

But there is some kind of a issue with LFS Editor and Full Screen Mode at desktop resolution - I use WinKey (or Alt+Tab) to minimize Live for Speed, but LFS Editor doesn't minimize when I press WinKey or Alt+Tab - it just stays on top, which is a bit annoying. Big grin
I've tried to disable fullscreen optimizations (Win10), but there is no difference.
There seems to be a bug with Ultra wide resolution (2560x1080) when selecting triangles.
Attached images
ultrawidebug2.gif
Quote from mcmustang :Selection of tris doesn't seem to follow the mouse pointer when working with group of small tris. Others appear to have this also.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cAUx4Bz-1r9juQydeJYTf5-n0cGpLr6Q/view?usp=sharing

Quote from Drifteris :There seems to be a bug with Ultra wide resolution (2560x1080) when selecting triangles.
https://www.lfs.net/attachment/264139

Thanks for the reports. I've fixed this problem in my version. Mouse direction was calculated wrongly when the visible window was wider than 16:9.
Quote from Facu23 :I don't know if this belongs here. But i recieve this message wenever i try to take a screenshot for a mod skin. The problem is that my laptop's max resolution is 1366x768

Hi, will this solve the problem for you?

Instead of taking individual mapping/cutout shots, you will be able to click a button to create a whole mod skin in one go:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1975419#post1975419

The idea is that should be a lot more convenient to use. So maybe then it doesn't matter about the map mode screenshots not working for you?
there are still people having this problem, i have no idea how to fix it
it has never happened to me and some of my friends, but it happens in sometime and it doesn't get fixed without pitting.

( screenshot is not mine )

Quote from Drifteris :There seems to be a bug with Ultra wide resolution (2560x1080) when selecting triangles.

I am using a standard FullHD monitor and I have this problem too
EDITOR update W55:

New buttons to create skin templates in 'page' mode:
- create shaded skin texture
- black and white skin texture
- white background wireframe
- black background wireframe

Number of points and triangles per spoke object now depends on the
number of spokes - maximum for all spokes of a wheel is now 1600

FIX: Mouse direction (for selecting triangles, etc) was calculated
wrongly if aspect ratio of visible area was wider than 16:9

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Quote from Rubie :there are still people having this problem, i have no idea how to fix it
it has never happened to me and some of my friends, but it happens in sometime and it doesn't get fixed without pitting.

( screenshot is not mine )

I have the same problem with this mod.
Usually happens during replay viewing when I rev/ff my replay. Sometimes comes up when crashed into barriers.
It can be fixed by cycling through all the cameras.
Hi Scawen.

I found a mistake.
In translations, you change the line 3a_datesort by 3a_ratesort.
Attached images
Screenshot_20211209_111137.png
Screenshot_20211209_111059.png
Thank you, I have now fixed that in my version.
The RB4 thumbnail on the car selection screen should be updated.
Attached images
lfs_00000202.jpg
Can't open Files page. I get this error:

Exception Object ( [message:protected] => SET file name must begin with a valid 3 character LFS car ID (e.g. XFG, XRG, FBM, etc.) - is : [string:Exception:private] => [code:protected] => 0 [file:protected] => /usr/home/lfstech/global_php/LfsSet.php [line:protected] => 130 [trace:Exception:private] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /usr/home/lfstech/global_php/LfsSet.php [line] => 85 [function] => setFileName [class] => LfsSet [type] => -> [args] => Array ( [0] => N.S80_i_Cruise_5.set ) ) [1] => Array ( [file] => /usr/home/lfstech/global_php/LfsCarSetup.php [line] => 243 [function] => fromAttachment [class] => LfsSet [type] => :: [args] => Array ( [0] => Attachment Object ( [id] => 246931 [userId] => 100209 [postId] => 1974482 [time] => 1638475610 [timeText] => Thu, 2 Dec 2021 20:06 [timeDatetime] => 2021-12-02 20:06Z [fileName] => N.S80_i_Cruise_5.set [fileTmpName] => [fileType] => 16 [fileSize] => 132 [fileHash] => d0231bacec4d153cfd87ab5d01891b6f [counter] => 14 [usage] => 0 ) [1] => ) ) [2] => Array ( [file] => /usr/home/lfstech/global_php/LfsCarSetupCollection.php [line] => 154 [function] => fromRow [class] => LfsCarSetup [type] => :: [args] => Array ( [0] => DBMySQLi Object ( [affected_rows] => 1 [client_info] => mysqlnd 7.4.24 [client_version] => 70424 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 9 [host_info] => 188.122.74.148 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.4.17-MariaDB-log [server_version] => 100417 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 289780012 [warning_count] => 0 ) [1] => Array ( [0] => 61745 [carSetupId] => 61745 [1] => 246931 [attachmentId] => 246931 [2] => 0 [hotlapId] => 0 [3] => 100209 [userId] => 100209 [4] => 2641439 [carId] => 2641439 [5] => 1 [lfsVersionId] => 1 [6] => 6 [classId] => 6 [7] => 2 [access] => 2 [8] => 0 [rating] => 0 [9] => 0 [numRatings] => 0 [10] => 0 [copyOf] => 0 [11] => 1974482 [postid] => 1974482 [12] => !!!!! [userName] => !!!!! [13] => [laptime] => ) [2] => [3] => ) ) [3] => Array ( [file] => /usr/home/lfstech/lfs/docs/files/index.php [line] => 16 [function] => factoryFromNewest [class] => LfsCarSetupCollection [type] => :: [args] => Array ( [0] => DBMySQLi Object ( [affected_rows] => 1 [client_info] => mysqlnd 7.4.24 [client_version] => 70424 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 9 [host_info] => 188.122.74.148 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.4.17-MariaDB-log [server_version] => 100417 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 289780012 [warning_count] => 0 ) [1] => LfsUser Object ( [db:LfsUser:private] => DBMySQLi Object ( [affected_rows] => 1 [client_info] => mysqlnd 7.4.24 [client_version] => 70424 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 9 [host_info] => 188.122.74.148 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.4.17-MariaDB-log [server_version] => 100417 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 289780012 [warning_count] => 0 ) [id] => 2117925 [parentId] => 0 [name] => -verde- [passHash] => YgQbof6CAn1gFYzOUS7puG62lKa/9x6 [salt] => p-}Q [cunId] => Xci54SFtMqD3IGd543mPLygq6X332c1y [lastVisit] => 1639077095 [threadReadCutOffTime] => 1636485095 [status] => 1 [forumGroupId] => 1 [forumSubGroupIds] => Array ( ) [credit] => 0 [vouchers12] => 0 [vouchers24] => 0 [vouchers36] => 0 [email] => anridellal@gmail.com [emailPerm] => 5 [failedMails] => 0 [country] => Russian Federation [cc] => RU [ccNow] => [locale] => en_GB [firstName] => [lastName] => [address] => [address2] => [address3] => [zip] => [city] => [state] => [phoneMob] => PhoneNumber Object ( [country] => [number] => ) [birthDay] => Date Object ( [time] => 0 ) [bits] => 163856 [bits2] => 5377 [skinsHr] => 0 [skinAssign] => 0 [skinXSlots] => 0 [avatarInfo] => 0 [avatarFile] => /no_avatar.gif [timeOffset] => 10800 [regDate] => 1564176747 [lastUpdate] => 1615661476 [updateIp] => 1437518473 [updateHost] => 85 [numUpdates] => 1 [updateHist] => Array ( ) [banCount] => 0 [banDate] => 0 [banState] => 0 [banReason] => [forumBanCount] => 0 [forumBanDate] => 0 [forumBanDateText] => [forumBanDateDatetime] => [forumBanState] => 0 [forumBanReason] => [postsPerPage] => 25 [threadsPerPage] => 30 [racerName] => [teamAbb] => [teams] => Array ( ) [compSpec] => [ctrlSpec] => [racerType] => Race [favCar] => FBM [favTrack] => [location] => [friends] => Array ( ) [friendsExt] => Array ( ) [numForumPosts] => 8 [websiteUrl] => [twitterName] => [facebookName] => [gplusName] => [vkName] => [youtubeName] => [twitchName] => [updatedToS1At] => 0 [updatedToS2At] => 0 [updatedToS3At] => 0 [isReseller] => 0 [resellerDiscount] => 0 [adminNote] => [unlockInfo] => [newMessageIds] => Array ( ) [newNoteIds] => Array ( ) [carModUnlimited] => 0 [birthDaySplit] => Array ( [year] => 0 [month] => 0 [day] => 0 ) ) [2] => 15 [3] => ) ) ) [previous:Exception:private] => )

Must be related to mod setups which start with 6 character ID
Quote from Flame CZE :The RB4 thumbnail on the car selection screen should be updated.

I've now regenerated the car images in my version.
Thanks, that is now fixed

Playing W56 on a W54 host, using one of my old setups causing this error.
Not sure who's to blame or whether there's a workaround. Thought I should mention.

Setup is attached.
Attached files
RB4_CITY-DRIFT.set - 132 B - 221 views
Quote from chucknorris :Not sure who's to blame or whether there's a workaround. Thought I should mention.

Thanks. Looks like it's not as compatible as I thought. I think the best solution will be to update the server with the next update.
my post above is not showing. trying to bump it
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG