FT28R
(43 posts, started )
FT28R
Vehicle mod: FT28R
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/38147F

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Italian car with racing modifications

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Italian car with modifications for racing.
It is a model inspired by a "Fiat 128"
I've been working on it for weeks, and I think this is the first version worth using.
The 3d model: use a low poly model as inspiration being presented here: https://free3d.com/3d-model/fiat-128-973079.html
Many original LFS textures
Created in BLENDER and modified in LFS EDITOR
It is my first mod, and it is a test version.
Soon I will modify:
Skins, wheels, improve steering wheel animation.
Criticism is accepted, I am learning how the tools work.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Nice car!
#3 - AEF
The maximum power, in my opinion, is too high for that type of engine. For a tuned 1400cc I'd say a maximum of 135hp
Quote from AEF :The maximum power, in my opinion, is too high for that type of engine. For a tuned 1400cc I'd say a maximum of 135hp

Yes, I agree, soon I will modify the engine and the handling a little
FFB is extremely heavy with a lot of torque steer.
Interesting car overall!
Quote from loopingz :FFB is extremely heavy with a lot of torque steer.
Interesting car overall!

I am working on the suspension, it is currently something generic. I will place mcperson in front shortly, but I am adjusting everything so that it does not tip over so easily.
Well I think it has more to do with the spindle geometry than the overall suspension. Caster and wheel offset have a huge impact here.
I really want to like this car. However the handling is some of the worst I have driven since LFS mods have come out. This car could use a suspension upgrade to be drivable.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :I really want to like this car. However the handling is some of the worst I have driven since LFS mods have come out. This car could use a suspension upgrade to be drivable.

The new update is in process, before Saturday we will be with a better management
#10 - FIZ
Thank you, really curious about that much needed update, this car has potential
Quote from el-pinocho :The new update is in process, before Saturday we will be with a better management

Eager to drive it once its got some proper suspension! Everything else looks great!
I feel like you fixed it!
I drove this around south city and the steering is feeling much better!

Great job on the handling.
I am surprised by PopnLochNessMomnster because I tried yesterday night... I don't know if I did not receive the update or what but the suspension is not stable. The force feedback is pulling the wheel away from center. If I turn right the wheel puts more force to the right. Not driveable with FFB on. Wheel offset looks odd negative offset. It might be just one parameter off.
Quote from loopingz :I am surprised by PopnLochNessMomnster because I tried yesterday night... I don't know if I did not receive the update or what but the suspension is not stable. The force feedback is pulling the wheel away from center. If I turn right the wheel puts more force to the right. Not driveable with FFB on. Wheel offset looks odd negative offset. It might be just one parameter off.

Hello, and thank you for testing the car. I am not managing to lower the strength of the ffb, I thought that modifying the advance of the suspension would improve, but I did not achieve it. I will continue working on that, yesterday unfortunately after uploading it I had to leave.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :I feel like you fixed it!
I drove this around south city and the steering is feeling much better!

Great job on the handling.

Thanks for your comment! there is still much to do, but it is an ambance, soon I will continue working on the handling, and I must adjust the skins!
I am pretty sure there is something off that makes the reaction going the wrong way. I wish this car to handle right. It is nice with ffn off.
I tried again. I compared value between cars everything looks stable maybe even too much. Anyway going out of the pits feels insane and the force feedback feels backwards. Then at speed the ffb is heavy but in the correct direction. It is driveable and enjoyable.
It is strange but the car is good.
Quote from loopingz :I tried again. I compared value between cars everything looks stable maybe even too much. Anyway going out of the pits feels insane and the force feedback feels backwards. Then at speed the ffb is heavy but in the correct direction. It is driveable and enjoyable.
It is strange but the car is good.

Hello! Today when I have time I will begin to compare values ​​with original cars, in order to solve the ffb at low speed. I am learning a lot about modifications in lfs and that makes me very happy, although I cannot spend as much time as I would like. Soon I will continue to improve the project.
Pinocho, estas excedidisimo de avance en la dirección. Mas de 8 grados tenes, por eso se hace inmanejable.
Un 128 no debe tener mas de 1 o 2 grados. Deberías buscar esos datos. En manuales tiene que aparecer, o a alguna casa de alineado del barrio que te tiren el dato.
También la curva de potencia esta mal. Seria un motor Tipo 1.6, o un 1.3@1.6?

En ambos casos tiene que tener la potencia mas arriba, mas cerca de 6800 quizás. Y el torque pasado las 4000 cómodamente.
Hay mucha data de esos motores en internet, banqueos, foros, etc.
Quote from gtamax89 :Pinocho, estas excedidisimo de avance en la dirección. Mas de 8 grados tenes, por eso se hace inmanejable.
Un 128 no debe tener mas de 1 o 2 grados. Deberías buscar esos datos. En manuales tiene que aparecer, o a alguna casa de alineado del barrio que te tiren el dato.
También la curva de potencia esta mal. Seria un motor Tipo 1.6, o un 1.3@1.6?

En ambos casos tiene que tener la potencia mas arriba, mas cerca de 6800 quizás. Y el torque pasado las 4000 cómodamente.
Hay mucha data de esos motores en internet, banqueos, foros, etc.

Siii, estoy en proceso, no le pude dedicar mucho en estos dias. En cuato a la potencia, quedo muy elástico pero en la versión final corregiré todo eso.
El poco tiempo que tuve hoy continue otro proyecto para así tener una monomarca. En un par de semanas espero tener mejor armado este FT28R y poder al menos tener online el rival directo de este.
Attached images
A70FE0ED-68EA-4657-A8BB-1495DA7AADD5.jpeg
really like your car !! i give 5 star, except for the engine sound a little too medium for me.
i think about a cup with this car ! Thumbs up
Quote from NENE87 :In vr, the steerwheel is to low, maybe you can inspire yourself from here : https://cdn.classicdigest.com/live/carimg/172001_172100/172026_5168cb3d3098e2e1.jpg great mod btx!

Came here to say this as well. I adjusted the camera as low as LFS lets me but the wheel is still a good 10cm low even then.

Regarding force feedback, I have to set the force strength to about half what it normally is to get a good feeling out of the car. It really seems as though the caster amount is rather far off, making the centering torque far stronger than it has any reason to be.
I would select this car overall the best for driving in the game. Aside my love towards the real 128 but since I tried it I simply can't stop talking about this mod and now I got my brother to get S3 so we can drive in South City.. What a phenomenal job.
Quote from EdvinKlimentic :I would select this car overall the best for driving in the game. Aside my love towards the real 128 but since I tried it I simply can't stop talking about this mod and now I got my brother to get S3 so we can drive in South City.. What a phenomenal job.

I am very happy to read your comment, this mod lacks an improvement in handling and some more details that I will soon solve. Surely in the future create another version of 4 doors.

FT28R
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG