The online racing simulator
AM Pheonix - Muscle car
Hey guys,

Currently im working on what im calling the AM Pheonix muscle car.
The original model came from sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/american-muscle-71-low-poly-model-955edc733c6d44fabc0ad7c246a15896

But im changing multiple aspects of the car to make it more of my own, since the car falls under the CC Attribution license and allows me too Smile

Ive been designing to make the car's setup similar to Chansonje's CMR Transam, So they can be raced together! Like a real Trans am race series.

Let me know what you guys think of the car/idea so far! If theres anything specific you'd like to see done to it let me know!
Love the mesh of all muscle cars! 70s rear trans am, with a Hemi/Camaro front! Can’t wait to hear these muscle cars V8 bombing down the straights!

State of the car right now Smile

Still working on texture and changing the look of the car. Gotta finish up the interior and it should be close to being uploaded as version 1!
T/A Races let’s go!!!!
I love the competition going on here! This is truly like the T/A series, I look forward to racing in a field on both cars.

Good stuff on the side pipe and the squared off fenders. Maybe a configuration with an open hood cowl?
rhaa ! muscle cars and SS get my heart jumping !
sure, US races events will be fun !
Very nice rims tooThumbs up
Car is uploaded and awaiting review. Hopefully it will be playable online tomorrow and you guys can give your feedback! Thanks for the comments so far everyone!

Let me know if you feel anything should be changed on the car, other than the obvious texturing that I'm still working on!
Good job!
Quote from Chansonje :Good job!

Thank you sir Wink
Got to get the cars out on track now for some races!
Quote from martin18 :Are you building a Camaro too???

he's completely ready, I'm racking my head about what to do, release or not
Quote from Chansonje :he's completely ready, I'm racking my head about what to do, release or not

That is so sick, love the sev marchal headlight covers Big grin Might have to add something like that to mine Wink

Would love too drive it!
Congrats to both of you Jake_Blasted and Chansonje that is two amazing work and empower the Mods scene. Great emulation!
As for Chansonje having almost ready another one that s a bummer. I don't know maybe you can tweak engine or whatever to have some different feel. Or I don't know you still have Ford and Corvette shape!
Quote from loopingz :Congrats to both of you Jake_Blasted and Chansonje that is two amazing work and empower the Mods scene. Great emulation!
As for Chansonje having almost ready another one that s a bummer. I don't know maybe you can tweak engine or whatever to have some different feel. Or I don't know you still have Ford and Corvette shape!

What engine needs tweaking? And have what kind of feel?
I was just trying this one out yesterday night on BL1 and I love the setup, It's so balanced. Just needed to adjust the gears and that was all.

Also its sounds absolutely great already.
feels like physics are made for a car with a much shorter wheelbase. sound also clips often, steering wheel is too small, and animation is off. model looks good, and in general the whole car feels good. just needs a bit more work.
Feeling is pretty good. Side mirror shape feels a bit odd to say something.
Small Update 1
New update guys! Didn't get around to fixing the animation or texturing the interior yet :/ got very side tracked with new exterior features lol
Going to try and get the rest sorted tomorrow, hate having the interior still unfinished as it makes for a rough VR experience.

Rally default setup and visual additions! The original and TransAm setups have been adjusted too. The stock car setup has been made even more default and looks like normal low spec traffic.

New steering wheel WIP... basically just a placeholder cause im unsure if ill keep this one as is. Im probably going to try and make a larger steering wheel maybe something more wood grain?

your Phoenix is cool Jake but config "trans am" and "without hood" are totally useless.

is there an issue with a collaborative work with Chansonje for a Racing Config like he post ?
i am totally found of his racing version (rollcage, hood attachment, straight look etc ..) Shrug

100 thanks for both for Road tyres choice !! it will give us very exciting races and enduro Thumbs up
Quote from Chansonje :he's completely ready, I'm racking my head about what to do, release or not

idea : release and let community vote Smile
AI cannot drive this car properly at all.
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Hahaha that is jokes. To much for them to handle?

When downshifting gears, they'll slide. Otherwise they handle it like man!

BTW, this car has hidden Spare Tyre.

EDIT: I thought the Spare Tyre was a secret.. completely missed pics lol.

AM Pheonix - Muscle car
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG