The online racing simulator
Exporting models to something like Blender
Curious, With the new vehicle editor/modeler is it possible to export car models so we can adjust them in something like Blender?.
I would like to know this as well. How do you load a LFS car into Blender?
Well there's the Blender skin render kits in the 3D render section, you can work off those.
It's not possible yet, I haven't done an exporter. But it is on a list as something I would like to do.
#5 - Gunn
You could try 3D Object Converter. Pretty sure there is a demo version available online. Not sure if it will work for you, but may be worth a try.
It's unlikely that any existing object converters can load our SRE files. I've never published the format as they are in no way intended for other software to read. Plus the format has recently changed, so even existing VOB readers won't be able to read our files.

The only sensible way I know of to get objects out of LFS into other programs, would be if I made a OBJ exporter.
There was a guy that made a blender cmx importer a long time ago. I recently used it to make obj files for all cars. You can download the files here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95307-NEW-Blend-and-OBJ-Files-for-All-LFS-Cars-Updated-v1-2%21

Ofc does not include modded cars as they are not available in CMX format.

If you are still using blender version 2.62 (I hope not) You can use the importer directly: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/80064-Blender-CMX-importer-plugin
#8 - Gunn
Quote from Scawen :It's unlikely that any existing object converters can load our SRE files. I've never published the format as they are in no way intended for other software to read. Plus the format has recently changed, so even existing VOB readers won't be able to read our files.

The only sensible way I know of to get objects out of LFS into other programs, would be if I made a OBJ exporter.

Thanks for the info.

I have a special app to convert CMX files to EMF or WMF which I use to extract the wireframes to make skin kits. I'm not sure I will be able to do that with your new files, however.
I can help with making models for future tracks in Blender

we need that converter
i thing now to export textures and uvw maps from 3d max

Quote from denis-takumi :i thing now to export textures and uvw maps from 3d max

Great, I'm looking forward to it! Omg omg omg
Quote from denis-takumi :i thing now to export textures and uvw maps from 3d max

But UV Mapping is not supported.
some updates
Quote from denis-takumi :some updates

Curious. So your exporter can translate the 3DSMax made UVs into the form the LFS Editor uses? Would love to have that for Blender.
And most of all, does it work for non-projected maps? or does it work from those "camera positions" in Max?

testing geometry editing
Quote from ACCAkut :Curious. So your exporter can translate the 3DSMax made UVs into the form the LFS Editor uses? Would love to have that for Blender.
And most of all, does it work for non-projected maps? or does it work from those "camera positions" in Max?

+∞

If someone could make the same thing for blender, it would be great !
i tried. have some troubles to save string to char array with specific length. and i want know can vertices and faces having custom properties.
Quote from denis-takumi :i tried. have some troubles to save string to char array with specific length. and i want know can vertices and faces having custom properties.

Thanks for your time, just thinking about 3DS licensing cost it gives me headache :'(.
Quote from denis-takumi :

testing geometry editing

That's awesome! Any updates on this? Would love to model some things outside the editor.

Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG