The online racing simulator
What kind of a truck would it be if it couldn't actually haul anything?..

Is there anyway to add mass to a config? Currently this is just aesthetic, would love for it to add 3-400kg over the rear.

Edit: Loaded config comes with a new default setup that throws 200kg on the rear axle for now.
Attached images
Loaded.png
Nice work, I love driving this thing in every setting Smile

Re: carrying the car, I'm wondering if 24 points is enough to make a collision box with a hollow section and a couple of ramps trailing behind... Taped Shut
Quote from Racon :Nice work, I love driving this thing in every setting Smile

Re: carrying the car, I'm wondering if 24 points is enough to make a collision box with a hollow section and a couple of ramps trailing behind... Taped Shut

Interesting..!

An entirely different flatbed version would probably be better.. Can't change the mesh per config so it would probably create some weird behaviour on this one. Plus this is tight on points already.

Don't think it'd need ramps as you could use the ramp object in LFS to load things on to it. How well would a car sit on top of another in game I wonder.

Having that as a new mod though would mean I can set it up with weight in mind. This one has been setup to drive empty.

Would be funny on a cruise server to flatbed a car back to pits though.
I love this mod. It's fun to drive on 2 wheels with, and it drifts surprisingly well. Can't wait for the update with a load config.
Quote from Bose321 :I love this mod. It's fun to drive on 2 wheels with, and it drifts surprisingly well. Can't wait for the update with a load config.

Thanks dude, this is the first mod I've ever made for any game. Have loved seeing it out in the wild.

Hopefully the skin will be welcomed, I've made it as simple to use as I can.
New version has been published.
This truck is such an amazing vehicle to have close racing, but it feels like a XFG on handling, its very responsive and it doesnt feel too heavy. Apart from that, the mod is a 10 out of 10, amazing work dude!
skins made by me
Attached images
70F87A_DHL.jpg
70F87A_CocaCola2.jpg
70F87A_USAflag.jpg
70F87A_TESCO.jpg
70F87A_Thanksgiving21.jpg
70F87A_FedEx2.jpg
70F87A_dpd3.jpg
70F87A_prime2.jpg
70F87A_GLS2.jpg
70F87A_Biedronka.jpg
70F87A_FedExGround.jpg
70F87A_POTATO_GUYS.jpg
70F87A_usps3.jpg
I like this truck, and have used this mod in video's I've done (and loaded on YouTube) for a couple of new layouts I've made.
Dekotora skin if anybody's interested. this thing is based
Attached images
70F87A_Dekotora.jpg
6 cyl version next? =D
Last little update for now - added a roller door to the cargo config. I'd like to show you what's in there but without it falling out.

Also finally changed the rear plate to yellow.

Quote from [OD :Jardim;1972667"]6 cyl version next? =D

If I end up making the flatbed then that one will probably get a little more power as it could potentially need to move some real weight around.
Attached images
lfs_00000147.jpg
Quote from Cimanu :Last little update for now - added a roller door to the cargo config. I'd like to show you what's in there but without it falling out.

Also finally changed the rear plate to yellow.

If I end up making the flatbed then that one will probably get a little more power as it will have to move some real weight around.

Can you actually drive a car in there if the cargo door is open and there is no load in the back? Cause that would be sick!
Quote from martin18 :Can you actually drive a car in there if the cargo door is open and there is no load in the back? Cause that would be sick!

Afraid not because the collision mesh is still a flat surface on the back.
tesco skin. ready to deliver & drive! uploaded to the master server
Attached images
70F87A_TESCO_DELIVERY.jpg
I like it, just on South City i have problem exiting the garage, because it's too tall.
Quote from Cimanu :Afraid not because the collision mesh is still a flat surface on the back.

Is it possible the collision mesh to be made like that so cars can go inside? Nod
Nice job on this, great to drive
Quote from superlame :Is it possible the collision mesh to be made like that so cars can go inside? Nod

What about something like this? I haven't tested it but it has 32 tris so it could work.
Attached images
lfs_00000070.jpg
lfs_00000071.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :What about something like this? I haven't tested it but it has 32 tris so it could work.

My only worry with that is it being a bit weird when using a closed back config.

I put a flatbed together and tried it with the AI (trapped them at the start of drag)

A car can drive on to it pretty well and sits there, but as soon as the truck moves it slides off the back.

Cool idea but I don't think it's gonna be possible yet unless there's a way of adding friction to the truck bed.

https://youtu.be/ytbQPDMnmsI

Also if the car gets too close to the cab it flips Big grin

https://youtu.be/h7BJ1WYvNkc

I think we're getting in to BeamNG territory now and very much outside of the scope of LFS Wink
This is the first skins I made for LFS.
Attached images
70F87A_costco.jpg
70F87A_ups-brown.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :What about something like this? I haven't tested it but it has 32 tris so it could work.

I don't think this will work because the collision rays go out from the centre of the object, to the vertices. Anything intersecting those collision rays will be propelled out with high velocity! Ya right

Really the LFS collision system, as it currently works, relies on the collision rays reaching the vertices without going through any empty air space.

I think this needs to be made clear in the editor. At the moment there is no visualisation for this other than in my head. Uhmm
Quote from Cimanu :A car can drive on to it pretty well and sits there, but as soon as the truck moves it slides off the back.

Cool idea but I don't think it's gonna be possible yet unless there's a way of adding friction to the truck bed.

https://youtu.be/ytbQPDMnmsI

I saw this in testing, it's a strange effect. The tyres in LFS have no real concept that the thing they are touching may actually be moving.

Quote from Cimanu :
Also if the car gets too close to the cab it flips Big grin

https://youtu.be/h7BJ1WYvNkc

Yes, this is those collision rays I was mentioning in the previous post. When your car is too near the front of that cool looking flatbed truck, it has presumably intersected a collision ray that goes from your object centre up to the roof.
Just tested this out in VR today. Very well made, felt like i was actually driving a truck, the interior looks great in VR. The handling reminds me of MB Atego that is very agile for it's size. Good job.
Quote from Scawen :I saw this in testing, it's a strange effect. The tyres in LFS have no real concept that the thing they are touching may actually be moving.

Yes, this is those collision rays I was mentioning in the previous post. When your car is too near the front of that cool looking flatbed truck, it has presumably intersected a collision ray that goes from your object centre up to the roof.

That'll be it, it crosses the COG at the point it gets launched Smile

Box Truck - LCT3000
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG