The online racing simulator
Looks like they got new moderators
(105 posts, started )
I was once offered moderatorship on a massive coding forum and I turned it down so that I could remain independent, it's an important point to consider as once you are a mod you become a sort of official voice. This both limits who they are likely to offer moderatorship too, and what a moderator can realistically get away with saying.

In my case I wanted to remain independent so that I could stand against the programming language the board was based around if necessary, and a little while later that's exactly what I felt I had to do. If I had been a moderator I would not have been in a position to do that.

Sometimes power isn't really as powerful as you'd think.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from STROBE :a) he is on my ignore list, but there's this annoying "view post" button next to every one of his posts that I often just have to click to see what it is that's infuriating so many people so much of the time.

This made me giggle. lol I can just imagine you sitting there with a 'should I, shouldn't I' debate going on with yourself only to give in and grrrrrrr at the posts.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from Becky Rose :Sometimes power isn't really as powerful as you'd think.

If you really want moderating fun. Take the job at the offical forum for a TV program (until they canned the show and the forum went down never to be seen again). I joined to take the piss on the "only place for gamerz lawl!" (anyone who watches SkyOne will know what I'm talking about), had a bit of fun then spent hours on end helping people fix their computers, and generally larked about.

After a few months I got offered a job as a mod, figured I'd take it. I couldn't do or say anything that might damage the image of the show or the channel. In the end I gave up being a mod, but did lots of behind the scenes work (which was pretty much all I did as a mod anyway), just so I could be free to voice my opinions.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't do anything in moderation.

That's true, I've seen the video ;p
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :I needed the money. What's your excuse for watching it?

I was told it was the Paris Hilton video. They lied. Even if it was an improvement over Hilton.
-
LMFAO..... Sounds like the Ideal Job to me :-D.. Where do i sign? <G>
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't do anything in moderation.

Well done Sam, btw. Humourously edit my [squibble] posts at your [I am a strawberry blancmange] peril, matey.

Sam xx

it looks to me, (after hearing sam piss himself in teamspeak) You made the mistake of practically saying "go on, i dare you!"
Quote from thisnameistaken :The ad said "Animal lover required for various positions" - how was I supposed to know? Turned out to be good money though, salary commensurate with experience.

Edit: This is really inappropriate for a thread about new moderators...

That got me thinking about college, one of the books we read in English was Animal Farm, and the tutor made the mistake of telling us that there was a movie of it, and if you like you can base your assignment on that rather then the book. One person grabbed the first movie called Animal Farm on the intarweb, laughter did not ensue.
#83 - SamH
<g> Sorry Kev.. I just couldn't help meself! Besides, if I'm going to learn how to use these new buttons...

Thanks for the positives! I've no plans to change the way I post.. I think I was probably asked to be a mod because I've a long history of boring those LFS dissenters into stunned, glazed-over silence. Always been good at that
-
#84 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :you've taken a volunteer position at an institution for gaming nerds.

A phrase that springs irresistibly to mind, and involves the words "joy", "swine" and "excrement"!
-
#85 - Jakg
ahhhhhhh

i have been pushed TOO far now

he has just MSN'ed me to say that Stoney (who's word is now gospel) says "the case is overheating" and has now decided its overheating, yet when i say that inside of the pc is overheating, not that case itslf i get "Faster111 says (02:24 PM):
look your 15
Faster111 says (02:24 PM):
stoney is a man with a job!!!
so who well know more
/STONY"

ah i give up, Faster seems to be on a 2 month delay, so ill see if he reads this in October!
But he must know more, since he has a job.

A JOB

Quote from Jakg :ahhhhhhh

i have been pushed TO far now

he has just MSN'ed me to say that Stoney (who's word is now gospel) says "the case is overheating" and has now decided its overheating, [...]

I can understand your frustration. A while back on the CRC support forum he was quoting you, and it was your word that was gospel! He seems to latch on to whatever suggestion suits him at a particular moment in time, then gets cheeky when others try to help.

At the end of the day, he's really listened to no-one. I tried to help him as well, but he's the most uncooperative, ungrateful little oik I've ever encountered.

Serp.
Quote from Jakg :ahhhhhhh

i have been pushed TO far now

he has just MSN'ed me to say that Stoney (who's word is now gospel) says "the case is overheating" and has now decided its overheating, yet when i say that inside of the pc is overheating, not that case itslf i get

[I lol'd]

ah i give up , Faster seems to be on a 2 month delay, so ill see if he reads this in october

So is this what our new generation is coming to? Idiotic children who want listen to you unless you have a job and brush off advice due to age?

When I was 15 I was building my own computers, and already knew more about computers than most employees at places like PC World and such.

Although, if I mull on the idea, everyone HAS to listen to me and believe what I say because I'm at uni
#89 - Jakg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :When I was 15 I was building my own computers, and already knew more about computers than most employees at places like PC World and such.

same here, i have been building my own pc's for as long as i remember and he knows that, but because someone has a job they are instantly put on a higher plane of existence to me

PS - stoney, if your reading this, im not criticing you or saying your stupid, you probably know more than me, but Fasters argument was just rediculous, since you said case when you meant whats inside
I fixed my neigbor's printer the other day. It was one of those expensive ones with the FlashROM reader. The lady stuck a dental tool into it, because she put the wrong type of card in the slot. She ended up pulling out this ribbon cable which went to the servo that pushed up this cartridge-cleaner thing.
Just a thought; maybe faster doesn't improve his spelling because of all the attention he's receiving for spelling shitty

Anyway, this thread is hilarious
#92 - axus
Quote from ajp71 :No you could of had:

I understand what they said.

-or-

I understand what they are saying.

Ajp, sorry but I have to do this:

"No, you could have had:" is what you were trying to spell.
Atleast try to be correct when correcting others.

And I'd also like to point out that I'm a Bulgarian living in South Africa, correcting an English person who is correcting an English person in English.

Although I have to agree that faster111's spelling is atrocious - I couldn't spell that bad if I tried. Seriously, faster - try to fix it up.
Quote from axus :Although I have to agree that faster111's spelling is atrocious - I couldn't spell that bad if I tried. Seriously, faster - try to fix it up.

I decided to be generous and fixed the spelling in the thread title. It was bugging me.
Quote from axus :Ajp, sorry but I have to do this

Oh yeah. I'm by no means a perfect speller or grammar genius, but "could of" is one of the most annoying things for me, or any replacement of "'ve" with "of" for that matter. Even worse than their/they're and your/you're. :mad:
Quote from Bob Smith :I decided to be generous and fixed the spelling in the thread title. It was bugging me.

If you had time you could go through all his posts. But I warn you, some of them are crypted
#96 - SamH
attrocious*

::flees::
#97 - axus
Quote from SamH :attrocious*

::flees::

Eek, I always thought it was with a single t - thanks for that.

::fixes up his spelling::
-
So we have the 2 new moderators for spelling corrections on the forums. Thats really a full-time job.
Tristan should become a mod

Looks like they got new moderators
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG