The online racing simulator
What I would like is to do all the 100 necessary things that take 10 minutes to do, in 10 minutes total. That would be great. Thumbs up

Ah.. forgot to mention. The team that will lead this response. Guess who that team is... its YOU!

In case you were wondering, we have a very tiny income to live on. This is not a big company that can hire a team of technical support to answer questions. We rely on the community members helping each other. They do a really great job of that. I think you have the wrong idea.
Quote from Vladimir_nose :I want to say that some of the most important questions regarding the editor are unanswered, but I notice the answers to minor questions that can be seen in the videos on the editor.
This is upsetting.
I think you need to find a team that will lead this very support and possibly make a series of tutorials on the editor and documentation for it.

I think it is not necessary to hire a team, you can find volunteers who, on an official basis, agree on certain criteria - to create lessons on creating a new car.
Income is always an issue and it is difficult to balance between development and making money.
As an idea - add voluntary support for the project - "Donats"
Undoubtedly, people on the forum help each other, but it would be much easier if the answers to many questions were concentrated in some kind of documentation, this would greatly simplify the development and improve the quality of mods, yesterday I randomly noticed the presence of brightness points, which makes it possible to create shadows in the salon, but the question asked by denis-takumi is also relevant for me.
Hello, I am working on a little XFG project, and trying to make the fog lights work, i mapped them as "l_ffog" they work in the modeler but in game they dont.

Any suggestions?
Quote from Vladimir_nose :I think it is not necessary to hire a team, you can find volunteers who, on an official basis, agree on certain criteria - to create lessons on creating a new car.
Income is always an issue and it is difficult to balance between development and making money.
As an idea - add voluntary support for the project - "Donats"
Undoubtedly, people on the forum help each other, but it would be much easier if the answers to many questions were concentrated in some kind of documentation, this would greatly simplify the development and improve the quality of mods, yesterday I randomly noticed the presence of brightness points, which makes it possible to create shadows in the salon, but the question asked by denis-takumi is also relevant for me.

No problem, you are right that not all questions are covered in the documentation.

Some questions are: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Vehicle_Mods

We won't be asking for donations or hiring people. It has been incredibly busy before and during this test patch stage. Remember, we are testing now and we are developing as fast as possible for serious issues - currently the whole way mods are accepted or approved. It's more important that the ncl option. I did see Denis's questions and was thinking how to answer it today. It's not very easy to explain how normal contributions work, and might be best demonstrated with a diagram. But I really haven't had that 20 minutes spare today.

Quote from denis-takumi :Hello Scawen

i found the "Reference point" flag for point and dont understand for what

i see bounding box and dont understand for what

for triangles found normal contribution levels and dont understand for what, because i change it but dont see any changes in editor and in game

Hello Denis.

The "Reference point" is really just a blue point. You can use that blue colour to distinguish it from other points. For example, we have often used it for the vertices of the collision mesh. One other thing, reference points that are unused, are protected from being deleted in the "clean object" function. I think that's about it!

The Bounding box has no real function at all. It is created to include all points, so that could show you if there is a distant point somewhere, that should not be there. But I think you can just ignore this bounding box.

About normal contribution levels: each triangle meeting at a vertex, within the same smoothing group, contributes to the normal of that surface at that vertex. In fact, large triangles have a larger contribution. So for example you could make a simple "hardback book" shaped object and most of the apparent curvature would be on the spine of that book. But the spine would still be contributing to the normals, so the front and back faces of the 'book' would still be a little curved. If, however, you set the "normal contribution level" (ncl) of the spine to zero, then the spine would not contribute to the normals at all. Then the front and back face of the book would look totally flat. Probably better explained with a diagram.
Quote from superlame :Hello, I am working on a little XFG project, and trying to make the fog lights work, i mapped them as "l_ffog" they work in the modeler but in game they dont.

Any suggestions?

There is no game control to operate fog lights at this time. But is is a good idea to map them and test them in the editor, so they can work if I add an option to switch fog lights.
Quote from Scawen :No problem, you are right that not all questions are covered in the documentation.

Some questions are: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Vehicle_Mods

We won't be asking for donations or hiring people. It has been incredibly busy before and during this test patch stage. Remember, we are testing now and we are developing as fast as possible for serious issues - currently the whole way mods are accepted or approved. It's more important that the ncl option. I did see Denis's questions and was thinking how to answer it today. It's not very easy to explain how normal contributions work, and might be best demonstrated with a diagram. But I really haven't had that 20 minutes spare today.

Hello Denis.

The "Reference point" is really just a blue point. You can use that blue colour to distinguish it from other points. For example, we have often used it for the vertices of the collision mesh. One other thing, reference points that are unused, are protected from being deleted in the "clean object" function. I think that's about it!

The Bounding box has no real function at all. It is created to include all points, so that could show you if there is a distant point somewhere, that should not be there. But I think you can just ignore this bounding box.

About normal contribution levels: each triangle meeting at a vertex, within the same smoothing group, contributes to the normal of that surface at that vertex. In fact, large triangles have a larger contribution. So for example you could make a simple "hardback book" shaped object and most of the apparent curvature would be on the spine of that book. But the spine would still be contributing to the normals, so the front and back faces of the 'book' would still be a little curved. If, however, you set the "normal contribution level" (ncl) of the spine to zero, then the spine would not contribute to the normals at all. Then the front and back face of the book would look totally flat. Probably better explained with a diagram.

Thanks for the answer, I still have one more question, will it be possible to connect another language in the editor? I am ready to translate the editor into Russian.
Donate is a voluntary donation, I don't see anything wrong with thatCool
Is there a problem once you reach too many textures on the texture page? I am unable to reach the bottom of the list to fix a broken texture and I do not see a slider or the New page buttons.
Quote from Vladimir_nose :Thanks for the answer, I still have one more question, will it be possible to connect another language in the editor? I am ready to translate the editor into Russian.

Thank you but it is too difficult to do that right now. There are actually thousands of text strings and it would be a monumental task at this time (the way every time line has to be moved from static strings, to a translatable section... it's not easy). It's not something that we can do before releasing this system to the public. I do understand that will be a problem for some people who aren't that good at English.
Quote from ELDemon :Is there a problem once you reach too many textures on the texture page? I am unable to reach the bottom of the list to fix a broken texture and I do not see a slider or the New page buttons.

Have you tried reducing the text size - minus sign beside "text" at bottom left?

I am surprised to hear you have used so many textures. I am guessing you are using a lot of small textures, when really the way to do it is to put a lot of them on a small number of shared texture pages (have a look at some of the LFS cars) and use cutouts. It is much more efficient to do it that way whenever possible. The graphics card likes drawing a lot of triangles using the same material. It doesn't like changing textures to draw a few triangles, then another texture for some other triangles, and so on.

Normally it is only repeating textures (small mappings covering a large area) that need to be on their own small texture page (because of the way repeating works).
y the skin can't show while I want to set the skin texture?
Attached images
lfs_00000062.jpg
Quote from scania :y the skin can't show while I want to set the skin texture?

Make sure the texture size is square.
For example: 1024x1024, 512x512, 2048x2048
Quote from bender1996 :Make sure the texture size is square.
For example: 1024x1024, 512x512, 2048x2048

it is
I mod it from FOX skin
Attached images
擷取.JPG
Your skin files are called "ARVW_DEFAULT - .jpg" And "ARVW_DEFAULT.jpg.jpg" but in editor you called it "ARVW_DEFAULT.jpg". The skin name must match.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : thank you Flame
Quote from Flame CZE :Your skin files are called "ARVW_DEFAULT - .jpg" And "ARVW_DEFAULT.jpg.jpg" but in editor you called it "ARVW_DEFAULT.jpg". The skin name must match.

the pic is not capture at the same time, I jut try to make the file name different,

I found that even the LFS car skin file also can't show.....

some can open some cannot......
Attached images
lfs_00000064.jpg
lfs_00000064.jpg
lfs_00000065.jpg
lfs_00000066.jpg
lfs_00000067.jpg
lfs_00000070.jpg
Can you try:

- Exit LFS Editor
- Delete cfg.txt
- Start LFS Editor

I am saying this because of the error message about loading a DDS skin. I am wondering if you have compressed skins enabled. Although this isn't an option in the editor, maybe it is somehow set in cfg.txt
Quote from Scawen :Can you try:

- Exit LFS Editor
- Delete cfg.txt
- Start LFS Editor

I am saying this because of the error message about loading a DDS skin. I am wondering if you have compressed skins enabled. Although this isn't an option in the editor, maybe it is somehow set in cfg.txt

its work!!! thx!!!
new problem......

the map found the cut out but can't find the texture.....

it can't show on the map....
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
Get a problem, probably feels like vertices which has same smoothing groups but attached to different layers doesn't weld. (On attached screenshots, you can see edge between M1_side and C1_back part's, M1_side is attached to MAIN layer, while C1_back is attached to STOCK layer, but they both have same smoothing groups!).

PS: I just want to do configuration with bumper, and second one with cutted rear bumper, but this bug Shrug

PSS: Tryed to move STOCK layer again to MAIN, and then again from MAIN to STOCK, and finally vertices welded!
Attached images
edge between m1_side and c1_back.png
edge between m1_side and c1_back, groups view.png
part in different layer.png
how to make the suspension stronger? it break down with only 3G
Attached images
lfs_00000614.jpg
Is there any way to export or "render" the uv map wireframe to make better skins in our mods? i did wrap my car in the editor but i would like to have wireframe exported to make complex skins. tnx in advance
Quote from fangio86 :Is there any way to export or "render" the uv map wireframe to make better skins in our mods? i did wrap my car in the editor but i would like to have wireframe exported to make complex skins. tnx in advance

Usually before i even start mapping in the lfs editor, i take screenshots of each side of the car in wireframe mode and the shaded mode aswell, then paste them as layers in photoshop for the default skin. Then i go through and start mapping and lining them up by hand.
what does it mean? ty I can't import the obj file?
Attached images
lfs_00000008.jpg
One of your vertices is more than 1024 metres away from the origin. Suspect scale problem. LFS units are metres.

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG