The online racing simulator
Some mod ideas
(45 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
Quote from Gutholz :When old cars are raced today, there are often not 100% original anyway.
For example there exists some series for historic cars, like "Historic Formula One Championship" but as far as I looked, they seem to use modern tire compounds.
So instead of "racing in the '70s" it could be "racing 70's cars in 2021".
With the same compromises that exist in real life when these cars are driven today.

(The game GT Legends does it similiar: The cars are old but they are driven on obviously modern tracks.)

For historic racing I believe some of the old compounds are still made.
Quote from R-to :Racing series just make the rules what can cars be and everybody makes by the rules their own cars and come to race in the series <3

I had same idea when BeamNG get Multiplayer because u can export automation cars but that BeamMP thing is still to poor ;/
This is an ongoing problem with modding in other games. For example BNG.
It's easy to make a request, but it's time consuming to make a mod which is essentially free labour.

Basically, for those who will put time into modding, ideas of what to make will most likely not be an obstacle as it is.

Requests will probably get old, fast. But if we keep it in one thread it'll be fine I suppose.
Always thought the XFR with a V6 mounted in the back would make for an interesting combo.
Sort of like LFS's equivalent of a Clio V6/Metro 6R4.
Quote from Van Sterberkt :

LX8 - LX GTR (yeah i know there's a mod around)
Basicly the LX6 body with the FO8's 3 litre V8 under the bonnet. It needs slicks and some downforce and matches the GTR spec. Maybe wider wheels?
This one is far heavier than LX4/LX6, maybe lower the power or revs of the engine instead?
  • Total mass = 539+469=1008kg
  • Power = 335kW
  • Power-weight = ~332W/kg like the GTR's.

I'm trying to make the LX8 100% as it was in the F2 version, do you know where I can find the tire and wheel data? it lacks that and a few other small details.
I have absolutely no idea, i never got the original LX8 to work properly.
Is it possible to copy this data from the LX6 and adjust it?
Quote from Van Sterberkt :I have absolutely no idea, i never got the original LX8 to work properly.
Is it possible to copy this data from the LX6 and adjust it?

I did it like this, but it didn't look good, I'd like to use the official measurements, but the mod is on my other computer, I'll see if I can find this data until I have access to the project again.

skateboard pls
1950s Bus / White Panel Van
Saw this ...

and thought it could be modded by someone to this...

which is a 1950 UK Bedford bus.

Or maybe a White Panel Van of some type.

Both (sort of) 4 wheeled transport, but not sure about what engines could be fitted using the mod tools.
Attached images
Box on wheels.png
LFS Bus.png
Quote from sinanju :Saw this ...

and thought it could be modded by someone to this...

which is a 1950 UK Bedford bus.

Or maybe a White Panel Van of some type.

Both (sort of) 4 wheeled transport, but not sure about what engines could be fitted using the mod tools.

The first vehicles I wanted to create was a school bus, but (currently) the maximum values prevent it. I couldn't create a vehicle with enough mass or size for a bus. Would maybe have to create a bit of a scaled version of one.
RWD rival of UF1000 will be a good idea
-
(jh89) DELETED by jh89
You know. This whole thing about mods is nice. It really is. But what I'd like to see is somebody do something about the wheels of the cars we already have.
Maybe an old caravan as an object for when you want to try your own Top Gear type challenges?

Attached images
LFS Caravan.png
And don't forget a car with sails!

Attached images
LFS car with sails.png
Quote from sinanju :Maybe an old caravan as an object for when you want to try your own Top Gear type challenges?

how to tow it?
Racing trucks will give fresh air to LFS !

it offers a different feeling to tracks' turns due to the higher driving position !
Would a souped up hearse be in bad taste?

Some mod ideas
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG