The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
Instead of this many many words,you can just say never
lol, I do not think the guys coding LFS are willing to keep their improvment on their HDD forever (and would take pleasure showing what they are doing through reports Big grin )
Otherwise what would be the point on keep doing evolutions to the sim ? They should have quit a long time ago or do another sim like so many other did/do/will do even if many areas in their product are still broken !
Yes Flotch,but hey maybe one day they will release everythig together
But no info at all,still no fern bay pictures,i guess south city is not done yet
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :I use mouse and in my case this really haven't affected my driving negatively. When using 900 and above the steering feels a really tiny tiny bit more sensitive so I have to be a bit slower with it, but nothing ground-breaking in my end, so I didn't really report it during the Test Patch.

I think it just comes down to the player, settings and how much it takes adapting to something new.

Replying to you and the guys above. So about the center reduction - yes I got it right, but the steering sensitive is too much for me, slowed down my mouse speed from windows for now and it kinda works, but the animation itself is a game changer too. Also I can't get used to it, still 1sec or more slower than my PBs
Quote from Viperakecske :Yes Flotch,but hey maybe one day they will release everythig together
But no info at all,still no fern bay pictures,i guess south city is not done yet

South City is Eric's baby, he wants it to be perfect Cool . According to the reports, he may have spent a year and a half on it (according to https://www.lfs.net/report-dec2019-so : since July 2019), maybe "not only" let's suppose, but frankly he has spent a lots of time on it. From the snapshots, it is clearly a great added-value for S1 licence ... If he spends third or half the time on Fernbay, it can do serious magic on it (assuming the quatity of off-roads things is a lot less than South City) ... Kepp faith Omg omg omg , I am sure Eric is willing to spend some times on the two new unrevealed tracks for S3 after the graphical update is released, and get back to cars Uhmm

edit : @Eric, if you want to surprise us on Fernbay by adding a dirt/gravel/sand Oval with some outfield track of the same, do not hesitate Thumbs up
Viper cake, you've used this thread to insult the developers, one by one, repeatedly, since page one. You are the cause of a lot of the bad feeling. So I've banned you for 3 months. We don't want people here spreading bad feeling for no reason. I suggest you get outside a bit.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :also it seems most people have totally forgotten about the autocross track which havent been seen either yet in progress reports.

This one?
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :well we all make mistakes. and i made one here.
so be it. no need to jump me for that reason. but as Flotch said above. other tracks might be in making too.

Other tracks are 'done' (last report was mentioning there are still some holes in Kyoto and South City).
Waiting for Jamaica now LFS
Gosh the new Autocross looks so good seeing it again. I just scrolled through some other old progress reports and I mostly forgot about them. Big grin Can't wait to see more!
Quote from Flotch :the graphical update seems quite advanced. Let's suppose Eric is on Fernbay (latest track to be heavily updated), and when it is ready, I do no think Scawen will want to postpone its release (that may occur with tire physics update). But to answer your question "when" : when it is ready ... obviously no date to be announced Petals

uhhh. you know. As far as I can tell Jamaica doesn't have a railway. I never seen one there. I mean they might. The island is big enough. But I didn't see one. Also on Fern Bay and South City the roads are too nice. What about expansion joints? Pot holes? Filled pot holes? Uneven tarmac surfaces? There are places in Jamaica that's a lot like here. The ground is a little soft and shifty. Roads have all these black streaks on them. Its filler material for the cracks. And as far as dressing up Fern Bay. Eric ought to know this: They have a ton of churches there. Somebody told me they had more churches per capita than anywhere else. You'd think you'd at least see one on fern black/gold. You see a train track that may or may not be there. Why not a building that is?
Hey y’all, Iv noticed since update my quest 2 (which is set to 90hz in oculus) is only running at 72hz in lfs. How can I change this ?
Quote from Racer Y :uhhh. you know. As far as I can tell Jamaica doesn't have a railway. I never seen one there. I mean they might. The island is big enough. But I didn't see one. Also on Fern Bay and South City the roads are too nice. What about expansion joints? Pot holes? Filled pot holes? Uneven tarmac surfaces? There are places in Jamaica that's a lot like here. The ground is a little soft and shifty. Roads have all these black streaks on them. Its filler material for the cracks. And as far as dressing up Fern Bay. Eric ought to know this: They have a ton of churches there. Somebody told me they had more churches per capita than anywhere else. You'd think you'd at least see one on fern black/gold. You see a train track that may or may not be there. Why not a building that is?

Please for the love of god no more potholes
we have enough in real life as it is
Quote from Bose321 :I just scrolled through some other old progress reports...

I do that from time to time just to remind myself why to some internal questions. Big grin
It's just low pressure in tyres. And car is shown standing on ground. Press spacebar to "drop" the car,you'll see tures flexing due hitting the ground.
In the new update (0.6V) tyre deformation is dynamic depending on tyre pressure in real time, without the need of 'dropping' the car like before.
I like it. Smile
its possible make steer animation independent from car wheels degree? or match it with the wheel usb device degree? example g27 turns 900, but if i use XRT with 45ΒΊ lock the steer turns 1080 degrees.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i learned something i did not know yesterday. by NumberTwo (thanks for that info) which leads me to better understand Scawens reactions to some things ,amongst others, in this thread. i just didnt know that until yesterday and just wanted to let that out.

try here :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/5-Technical-Assistance

I tried hard to remember what i said 2 days ago and i can't!

But i can certainly tell you that speedy72 crashed me on opening lap of fox friday as7 race in 2010. Remember old stuff, forget what i ate today.
Quote from mcmustang :Bug found
Ctrl+s (screenshot) produces "D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile failed"

I am also having this problem. πŸ˜₯
I am obliged to make printscreen to take photos 😜 but sometimes the pc doesn't save all 🀣🀣
Quote from mcmustang :Bug found
Ctrl+s (screenshot) produces "D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile failed"

That happened to me as well, all you have to do is back up all the things you need and reinstall LFS 0.6V
i feel a sudden urge to go outside after reading this thread
I just hope Scawen keeps updating us about the graphics updates and other new stuff.
Might be minor stuff but must say i'm waiting for the big update.

Version V is a nice minor update so thanx for that.
I hope Scawen is 100% on physics while Eric is on Fern Bay 😁...and that everything remains under control πŸ˜‡
Hi guys, first of all, thank you very much Scawen and Eric for your efforts to improve the sim, it's highly appreciated.

I'm extremely pleased with the increased resolution and refresh rate of FFB, it really does make a noticeable difference even on G29. However, there are still a few tiny and easy features that need to be implemented which I really miss.

[1] minimal force adjustment (advanced: FFB mapping or LUT option)
[2] FFB clipping indicator (advanced: FFB real-time monitor)

Pretty much all non Direct Drive wheels have the problem of low forces being covered in the wheel's inherent friction. Unfortunately, manufacturers do not care about this and do not offer such corrections. As a basic version, the minimal force slider (Fig 2) would solve this once and for all so that we can enjoy the sim even more. The advanced version would include more points so that we would even be able to map the FFB to our wheel and compensate for its force nonlinearity, similar to what they did with the look-up table in Assetto Corsa.

I do not even want to stress how important is not to clip the FFB. As very basic, an FFB clipping LED indicator is enough. An advanced option, allowing to visually inspect the forces being sent to the wheel would be immensely helpful. Something like fps real-time monitor (Fig 1) is more than enough, nothing fancy.

I hope that Scawen will seriously consider this and implement at least the basic versions of such features, as their value for all wheel users will be enormous. If needed, I can offer more details and also some example code, since I have already implemented these features in my DIY FFB wheel.
Attached images
Fig 1 - FFB real-time monitor example.jpg
Fig 2 - minimal force slider.jpg
Quote from rane_nbg :Hi guys, first of all, thank you very much Scawen and Eric for your efforts to improve the sim, it's highly appreciated.

I'm extremely pleased with the increased resolution and refresh rate of FFB, it really does make a noticeable difference even on G29. However, there are still a few tiny and easy features that need to be implemented which I really miss.

[1] minimal force adjustment (advanced: FFB mapping or LUT option)
[2] FFB clipping indicator (advanced: FFB real-time monitor)

Pretty much all non Direct Drive wheels have the problem of low forces being covered in the wheel's inherent friction. Unfortunately, manufacturers do not care about this and do not offer such corrections. As a basic version, the minimal force slider (Fig 2) would solve this once and for all so that we can enjoy the sim even more. The advanced version would include more points so that we would even be able to map the FFB to our wheel and compensate for its force nonlinearity, similar to what they did with the look-up table in Assetto Corsa.

I do not even want to stress how important is not to clip the FFB. As very basic, an FFB clipping LED indicator is enough. An advanced option, allowing to visually inspect the forces being sent to the wheel would be immensely helpful. Something like fps real-time monitor (Fig 1) is more than enough, nothing fancy.

I hope that Scawen will seriously consider this and implement at least the basic versions of such features, as their value for all wheel users will be enormous. If needed, I can offer more details and also some example code, since I have already implemented these features in my DIY FFB wheel.

This would be very easy to implement as a mod. All you need is to proxy dinput8.dll and intercept the force feedback calls. Once you have that, you can do whatever you want with the force commands that get uploaded to the wheel.

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG