The online racing simulator
June Progress Report
(76 posts, closed, started )
Aren't the screenshots supposed to be taken in X configuration?
Without spectators it would look weird for race tracks but for open config I personally don't mind.
That looks great, especially at night! Keep up the good work!
Are the new tracks going to affect lap times and uploaded hotlaps?
Quote from Paprika6 :Are the new tracks going to affect lap times and uploaded hotlaps?

Yes. Especially considering it's likely this will be released with the new tyre physics.
Quote from mbutcher :Yes. Especially considering it's likely this will be released with the new tyre physics.

Juicy. Just like the new lap times... Ya right
Although I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be released in two separate stages...
So you are simulating how eyes are working in real life?! Wow. It would be interesting to study how human body is responding to different situations in a real race and transfer those phenomena in a racing simulator. I can imagine how eyesight changes in highly stressful situations (e.g. during high speeds or sudden loss of car balance).
Quote from mbutcher :Yes. Especially considering it's likely this will be released with the new tyre physics.

I'm happy and sad at the same time. My 200 hotlaps since february just goes to waste, redoing them is pain in the a$$
With this info i also lost motivation to do more hotlaps until the update
A lot of people will be in the same boat as you. I would advocate for an archive of all hotlaps and PBs, even if it's just for statistics nerds and/or nostalgia. There's a lot of data there which has a lot of history. We already lost historical data of a few older versions of tracks over the years so I'm not sure if the Devs would consider this.
lapping = training, nothing is waste !
#37 - CSF
Quote from Paprika6 :I'm happy and sad at the same time. My 200 hotlaps since february just goes to waste, redoing them is pain in the a$$
With this info i also lost motivation to do more hotlaps until the update

Not entirely convinced any update is coming soon, so I wouldn't be thinking like this just yet.
Since we havent seen anything from Fern Bay, Id say there is at least extra 6 months before the update gets released.
Maybe a Christmas present? (just giving ideas)
Cannot wait!
Just an idea. Maybe release new version with only the finished tracks.
Offcourse I don't know if Scawen allready ready for that.
I mean new tyre physics netcode and dx11 Shrug
Quote from RC-Maus :Just an idea. Maybe release new version with only the finished tracks.
Offcourse I don't know if Scawen allready ready for that.
I mean new tyre physics netcode and dx11 Shrug

The old tracks then would not work. It's one way update, breaking the old stuff, so everything needs update.

Unless you want new version with unfinished tracks disabled... Smile
Quote from Ped7g :The old tracks then would not work. It's one way update, breaking the old stuff, so everything needs update.

Unless you want new version with unfinished tracks disabled... Smile

I suspect we may have, like it happenned in the past, a test version without everything directly (like Blackwood only) for some times before the whole release can take place.
I wouldn't mind that there are less tracks available for some time Smile
Thanks Scawen.
I still can't believe LFS is getting this beautiful. Nice work. Smile
Thx for the Report.
you laughing at people with every report/shot it's so surreal it almost seems like a joke
What do you mean... explain yourself, you little troll. Big grin
I'm glad you're still working on this game.
This thread is closed

June Progress Report
(76 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG