The online racing simulator
Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
great shots elvisThumbs up
Thank you Imudila, cheers!
Some great shots as ever in this thread, I've followed those of you on Flickr

Myself, I walked the UK three peaks (that's Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis) the last week in October last year. The awesome experience and cool sense of accomplishment aside, despite the damp and cloudy weather I managed some nice shots of the views on the way (got to get some memories of the 105,000 steps walked, right?).

On the way to the start:
Long exposure of Afon Llugwy by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Llyn Gwynant by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Stars above my tent by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Wales:
Diverting from Watkin Path, Snowdon by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Ascending Snowdon, south ridge approach by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Descending Snowdon, back on Watkin Path by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

England:
Ascending Great End by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Derwent Valley by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Scotland:
Descending Ben Nevis by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr

Ben Nevis waterfall - out by Ben Ponsford, on Flickr
Those are some really great photos, they look absolutely amazing! I love how clean they are. Amazing! (y)
That long exposure is so weird Big grin, Cool that you went to Ben Nevis! Great photos!
Quote from MousemanLV :Those are some really great photos, they look absolutely amazing!

Thanks, they are stunning areas of the country.

Quote from MousemanLV :I love how clean they are. Amazing!

Base ISO on modern cameras generally is, I thought? I do also run two layers of mild noise reduction as part of my post-processing.

Quote from k_badam :That long exposure is so weird Big grin, Cool that you went to Ben Nevis! Great photos!

Yeah the patterns ended up nicer than expected. Smile
UK is such a great location for photographers, it's absolutely fabulous. I need to travel there once again. Portsmouth, Fareham and London wasn't enough during my internship. Although first I need to get a wider lens, my 50mm on a DX format camera is not exactly what you'd call wide Big grin
I grew up in Portsmouth, some nice scenery in places around there but certainly nothing remotely mountainous. Not the countrys highlight.

I've got lots of vintage film lenses, though mostly for longer focal lengths (due to crop sensor), results can be pretty good and the lenses often dirt cheap. Going fully manual is more involving, can make you take your time a bit more. Could be worth investigating; I'll be selling my Tamron 17mm soon, I'd imagine something like that would be significantly more useful for landscapes.
My 320i
nice Smile
Great pics Campeón Smile
thanks campeon
Dale campeon acalareraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Let's necropost this thread!

Had the pleasure to spectate a Rally event after almost 10 years...time sure does fly like crazy. Rally Estonia 2019 (WRC promotional event).
Left the photos pretty much as is. Only some exposure corrections and slight cropping here and there. No added blur or anything like that.

A gallery with 300+ images from the rally (down from 2000+). Click on the small images to enlarge and navigate. https://ltlahendused.ee/rally-estonia-2019/

Equipment used: Pentax K-5 + Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM

9 Selected Images:

Attached images
_IGP3855.jpg
_IGP4255.jpg
_IGP2789.jpg
_IGP2808.jpg
_IGP2928.jpg
_IGP3101.jpg
_IGP3141.jpg
_IGP3321.jpg
_IGP3672.jpg
_IGP4586.jpg
_IGP4075.jpg
Might aswell post some pictures too, from a racing event from over a month ago, I'm not sure if any of those pics are good, but I like them.

IMG_6224 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6456 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6463 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6522 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6538 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6587 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6264 by Braien H, on Flickr

IMG_6347 by Braien H, on Flickr

I know all of the pictures are not in focus and whatnot, been a long time since I went to a racing event, and first time I went with my camera.
All pics are pretty much raw, only slight colour correction done, in a way that looks pleasing to my eyes.
Went to my hometown as a tourist...

Pentax K-5 + SMC Pentax-A 50mm F1.7 / SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.4 AL

More here
Attached images
_IGP6567.jpg
_IGP6592.jpg
_IGP6620.jpg
_IGP6737.jpg
_IGP6754.jpg
_IGP6759.jpg
_IGP6762.jpg
_IGP6781.jpg
_IGP6783.jpg
_IGP6788.jpg
_IGP6792.jpg
_IGP6807.jpg
_IGP6685.jpg
_IGP6692.jpg
I really like the 2nd and 3rd shots, plus the 2nd and 3rd from last.

Did you intentionally add all the grain?
Quote from Bob Smith :I really like the 2nd and 3rd shots, plus the 2nd and 3rd from last.

Did you intentionally add all the grain?

Thanks and no, I didn't add any grain. I know at ISO 400 the images shouldn't be this grainy, but most were stopped down so I wouldn't get any shaky shots or blurry people. Smile
Double posting, but...

Some wide open Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG handheld shots from Tallinn Airport. Like to go there often, so I might post more Smile All at ISO1600-3200

Really need a new long lens, in the F2.8 range Smile
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Double posting, but...

Some wide open Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG handheld shots from Tallinn Airport.

Really need a new long lens, in the F2.8 range Smile

Long and f/2.8 gets heavy and expensive real quick. A 300mm f/4 prime (perhaps with a TC) is about the sweet spot of reach and affordability plus still easily hand-holdable. That said I keep toying with the idea of a 300mm f/2.8. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge.

Some great photos though. Proof you don't need overly fancy gear for most shots.
Quote from Bob Smith :Long and f/2.8 gets heavy and expensive real quick. A 300mm f/4 prime (perhaps with a TC) is about the sweet spot of reach and affordability plus still easily hand-holdable. That said I keep toying with the idea of a 300mm f/2.8. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge.

Some great photos though. Proof you don't need overly fancy gear for most shots.

While I believe you're right and I've tested the *60-250mm F4 lens, the shots above were mostly F4 - F4.5 and it's just the shutter speed that gets way too slow to handle the IQ properly. If I could have gotten twice as fast shutter speeds at F2.8, many of the throwaway shots could have been used. Smile

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG