The online racing simulator
Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
@Hyperactive LSHMNFO!!!!!!!!!!

I think the FO8 is a gas. Much better now and highly underused.

I really don't see the point in any of the FWDs.
Well actually i like every car in lfs because every car is unique and fun to drive but the track is important for me. Red surrounded cars are my favs and its like music, i dont like to hear to a single music category so it is in LFS, no favorit car.

The cars i dont like that much:

UF1: slow car, fun to drive on banger servers or short tracks but not a endu car imho

LX4: who needs lx4 when you can drive lx6 ? :P no for real - fun to drive but in case lx6 is available as well, i change to it.

RA: damn mid-engine biatch, oversteer or understeer? you never know... this car needs alot of skills and with a stable setup its fun to drive as well

FZ50: now with TC? omg no way...going only without tc and at some tracks its real fun to drive but hard to drive as well. Needs lot of skills and a stable trim.

UF GTR: Just a few combos i´d like take this car for a ride. FWD, much horses and tiny tires thats not good In case i have the choise, i prefer the XF GTR. But i respect the guys that can keep up with this car rly

MRT: uhm ok, thats a different vehicle, but i like Cars not toys Respect to the guys that are fast with this one. Cant really handle this thing still.

FOX: Uhm...hard to say, fun to drive at some tracks but feels like a toy as well somehow. Not to say you need no skills but the oposite of that. Gives a nice feeling on track but i cant really get familar with it.

RB4: well i loved that car in S1 but now, hmm i dont know how to say it...it feels different and its not that fun to drive anymore. Looking forward for a Rally version of it but till then the rb4 is one of the less used car by me for now.
Attached images
mychoise.jpg
Ra is understeery if you don't know the tricks. Beats the FZ50 any day any time. On some tracks the Ra is quite controllable, though I wouldn't try to drive any fast corners with it, or with any other non-slick rwd in LFS. If there is a bump there is a slide.

Ra for teh president
Quote from Hyperactive :Ra is understeery if you don't know the tricks. Beats the FZ50 any day any time. On some tracks the Ra is quite controllable, though I wouldn't try to drive any fast corners with it, or with any other non-slick rwd in LFS. If there is a bump there is a slide.

Ra for teh president

Well its a RWD car right? And with the mid-engine, total mass and hp its even oversteering more then often. I know some tricks but its still unpredictably what will happen next no matter if you are infront - inside or at the end of a turn
Dammit you people are not very selective!
I only drive LX6, FOX, FO8, XRR and very rarely XRT, BF1 and FZR.
@ Nick_II: beeing selective in every situation of life is nonesence. Ok, most of the time you have to be selective but as its a nature thing that nearly everything has a opposition there are things/situations where you dont have to make a choise and can still go on, keep up you name it. In case i do not have to choose, perfect, even more fun and more possibilities.

@ Gunn: You dont like FWD cars then you miss alot of fun. And dont come up with this argument: fwd for woman rwd for men lol - 4 rly who cars as long as you enjoy the stuff you do o what?
Quote :Dammit you people are not very selective!
I only drive

isnt that a slight contradiction?
I exclusively drive the XFG, XR GT and XRT.

Wait...
I just started driving all the boring cars. xrg, xrt, lx4, lx6, rac and fz50

I drive some of them more than the others, so xrg, lx4 and rac are kind of favorite RWD cars for me, just now. I do drive the normal FWD cars, but not so often, because my Lfs time is limited.

The cars I drive the least, is fox, fo8, Bf1 and the "big" gtr`s - Those cars are the most "boring" cars in lfs, and I don`t think I ever will try to learn to drive them. There is no fun at 250 Km/Hour - Just speed !?
-
(Gunn) DELETED by Gunn
#60 - Gunn
Quote from 510N3D :
@ Gunn: You dont like FWD cars then you miss alot of fun. And dont come up with this argument: fwd for woman rwd for men lol - 4 rly who cars as long as you enjoy the stuff you do o what?

Oh but I don't enjoy FWD cars. So your argument confirms my choice as valid. FWD is simply inferior, not my fault, I didn't design them. I've been driving for 25 years so I think by now I know what I like. I don't need other people to tell me how to feel about it, but thanks for the offer.
Quote from Gunn :Oh but I don't enjoy FWD cars. So your argument confirms my choice as valid. FWD is simply inferior, not my fault, I didn't design them. I've been driving for 25 years so I think by now I know what I like. I don't need other people to tell me how to feel about it, but thanks for the offer.

Tell us why !?

I`m a little fed up with these RWD guru`s, which only can drive the RWD`s

It`s like someones, want to pinpoint an elite - The RWD drivers, and all of the others, the lowlife FDW racers !?

And it seems like the FWD drivers are more likely to accept a race with RWD involved, but RWD racers can`t even think of driving the RWD cars. Allways this comment "I don`t drive RWD cars"

Sorry I jumped you in this matter - Just one to many sacred RWD drivers picking on the mob.

EDIT :

By the way - I don`t enjoy RWD cars, because they are so hard to handle - But I don`t give them up. That`s the difference.
fundamentally fwd cars are inferior if things like weight and power are the same as a rwd car of same class. of course there are many amazing fwd cars that are fun to drive but originally fwd were made to save costs in production... if i remember correctly.
#63 - Gunn
Quote from alland44 :Tell us why !?

I`m a little fed up with these RWD guru`s, which only can drive the RWD`s

It`s like someones, want to pinpoint an elite - The RWD drivers, and all of the others, the lowlife FDW racers !?

And it seems like the FWD drivers are more likely to accept a race with RWD involved, but RWD racers can`t even think of driving the RWD cars. Allways this comment "I don`t drive RWD cars"

Sorry I jumped you in this matter - Just one to many sacred RWD drivers picking on the mob.

Guru? I state my choice, it is very simple to understand. Why should I explain the differences between drivetrains just because someone doesn't understand my choice? Did I call anyone a lowlife? Do I even care what other people drive? You make it sound like FWD lovers have an inferiority complex. That wouldn't be my problem either, if it were true.
Quote from Gabkicks :fundamentally fwd cars are inferior if things like weight and power are the same as a rwd car of same class. of course there are many amazing fwd cars that are fun to drive but originally fwd were made to save costs in production... if i remember correctly.

Lot of the cars - Let`s take the fz50, would kill most of the drivers, trying to race it, if this was IRL !?

I like a fast controlable car, doing what I ask it to do (or nearly so)
I would die, or chrash badly, if you put me in a fz50, and made me race cadet

Has every RWD racer a death wish ?
Quote from Gunn :Guru? I state my choice, it is very simple to understand. Why should I explain the differences between drivetrains just because someone doesn't understand my choice? Did I call anyone a lowlife? Do I even care what other people drive? You make it sound like FWD lovers have an inferiority complex. That wouldn't be my problem either, if it were true.

I just noticed one more RWD racer, telling the world that he hates FWD.
Sometimes one have to ask - Why ?

Why is it that so many RWD drivers tells ME, that my ride stinks ?
Because that is what you are doing
Quote from alland44 :Lot of the cars - Let`s take the fz50, would kill most of the drivers, trying to race it, if this was IRL !?

I like a fast controlable car, doing what I ask it to do (or nearly so)
I would die, or chrash badly, if you put me in a fz50, and made me race cadet

Has every RWD racer a death wish ?

the Fzr does not seem hard at all for me to control. lots of people race porsches irl. and the fz50 is like a porsche carrera. rwd cars are usually better at putting power down and more stable overall. The fxo feels more unstable to me than the xrt.

Gun is a drivetrain-ist lol. . i am a bit predjudice against fwd cars myself.
#67 - Gunn
Quote from alland44 :I just noticed one more RWD racer, telling the world that he hates FWD.
Sometimes one have to ask - Why ?

Why is it that so many RWD drivers tells ME, that my ride stinks ?
Because that is what you are doing

Well, I could ask "why do people like FWD?" But I don't ask that because I'm not interested in the answer. All I did was state which cars I don't drive, including the RAC which is RWD, by the way. I couldn't give a toss what other people drive, not even in real life.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
rofl i agree about the fxo. once you get used to the fxo its fun to drive tho...
Quote from Gabkicks :rofl i agree about the fxo. once you get used to the fxo its fun to drive tho...

YES !

I kept quiet, because i wouldn`t make any more noise.
They know where to kick those RWD boys
lame dude lame...
Do some workout, and maby you`ll gain the power in your arms, to control the fxo
If I remember correctly, FWD was invented by a french engineer, and it is used because it is safer, because for most drivers on the road, understeer is easier to control than oversteer (because for one thing the average driver sucks).

RWD is seen as more "logical" because it allows for a better, more even weight distribution. That is better, in particular for racecars as it allows for a more even tire wear. Now that doesn't say FWD is no fun to drive at all, but I do believe RWD is more fun personally.
Quote from Nick_ll :If I remember correctly, FWD was invented by a french engineer, and it is used because it is safer, because for most drivers on the road, understeer is easier to control than oversteer (because for one thing the average driver sucks).

RWD is seen as more "logical" because it allows for a better, more even weight distribution. That is better, in particular for racecars as it allows for a more even tire wear. Now that doesn't say FWD is no fun to drive at all, but I do believe RWD is more fun personally.

DAMN !
You make me sleepy - Goodnigth to you !
(I`m bored)
Rwd you can do Burnouts lol, but I just like how rwd feels, you can accelerate in turns, get the back end out a little. Just here in the Midwest, snow is what plagues all rwd'ers. Just too hard sometimes, while fwd just breeze through it! I like oversteer at times because if you can control it, it's much more rewarding to do. Just my two cents. I've owned at fwd and long as you have a nefty E-brake it can be fun!
modified... fwd cars can do burnouts too

Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG