The online racing simulator
Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
Cars we don't drive?
Hi racers.
Few days earlier, I decided to check what cars people drives most.. So here it is :reallyattached). For example we have XR GT Turbo and XR GTR, and no one drives the old XR GT. Why? Because everybody drives XR GT Turbo. Same story with LX4 and LX6. Actually I have never seen someone to drive the LX4.

Formula V8 is "dead" like MRT atm. But I do like these two cars, but no one drives it, because BF1 came in . Yeap, BF1 is very popular recent days, and it killed the old good FO8. Ok that's a bit off topic.

My point is: do we really need such cars like XR GT, LX4 ? (don't blame me for my opinion)
Sorry for english
alliennas
Attached images
cars.jpg
#2 - joen
The V8 was already dead before the BF1 came in because of it's twitchy end before the tyre/physics updates. Just about the only place you saw it was on the oval.
The MRT may be an open wheeler but it's a totally different car from the BF1. So I don't see how the BF1 could have "killed" the MRT.

Basically yes we need all those cars. Some may be more popular than others but as long as people like driving it either online or offline they should stay. What would be the point in removing any content
Quote :Same story with LX4 and LX6. Actually I have never seen someone to drive the LX4.

I don't even see people driving LX6.
#4 - Krane
Quote from alliennas :My point is: do we really need such cars like XR GT, LX4 ? (don't blame me for my opinion)

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=s ... ichTab=carusage&abc=1

Yes we do, IMO LX4/6 is about the most fun car to drive in LFS
XR GT not so much, but the down putting thing in it is, that it's so slow compared to XF GTI
Quote :
Sorry for english
alliennas

Now you're just being silly, your english is a LOT better than some posting here who live in UK/US/OZ and speak it as their 1st language
Quote from alliennas :Hi racers.
Few days earlier, I decided to check what cars people drives most.. So here it is :reallyattached). For example we have XR GT Turbo and XR GTR, and no one drives the old XR GT. Why? Because everybody drives XR GT Turbo. Same story with LX4 and LX6. Actually I have never seen someone to drive the LX4.

Formula V8 is "dead" like MRT atm. But I do like these two cars, but no one drives it, because BF1 came in . Yeap, BF1 is very popular recent days, and it killed the old good FO8. Ok that's a bit off topic.

My point is: do we really need such cars like XR GT, LX4 ? (don't blame me for my opinion)
Sorry for english
alliennas

Well i drive the uf1 alot offline well in hl mode anyway, MRT is an beast of a car to push to the limits when you want to, and the others are goodish cars but not all people drive them because not all server are setup for those cars but it takes alot of care to drive the rwd cars fast and most people just spin when they are not in a car they now have to drive right
where would banger servers be without the uf1? plus the uf1 is the ultimate car for autocross CnR
#7 - ajp71
Over the last week I've seen regular XR GT servers, more than TBO/GT Turbo servers in fact. The LX4 is raced more than the LX6 (or the entire LRF class) and the FO8 is my favourite car in LFS
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#8 - ajp71
I love the XRGT, the LX4, the MRT and the FO8. I also love the XRGTT, the LX6, the FOX, the FZR and the Beast (UF1000). I don't enjoy the front wheel drive cars (other than the UF1000) much, and the four wheel drive cars are as boring in LFS as they are in real life (personal opinion, no point flaming as I won't change my mind). Not really exciting by the Sauber. It's great fun to drive, but only useful for 50 lap races with harder tyres or single lap qualifying - 5 lap races are a waste of time in my opinion.

If it's got an engine and the rear wheels are driven by it, chances are I'll like it.

Alex - you were quicker last night with my setup (taken from Inferno about a month ago). The BF1 just needs LOTS of concentration and a really smooth style. I think, from what I saw, you'd get more from a chuckable LX then the Sauber.
Heres mine, I find the BF1 and large GTR's as dull as ditchwater.

Dan,
Attached images
Image15.jpg
#11 - axus
LX4 and Formula V8 are my two favourite cars. Raceabout is nice, RB4 GT Turbo we need because its the only 4WD, but it needs to have its specs changed and the UF GTR is much nicer to drive than the XF GTR IMO. Its just because these cars are more "hardcore" than most of the others, but take them away and LFS' hardcore fanbase will be much smaller.
Quote from danowat :Heres mine, I find the BF1 and large GTR's as dull as ditchwater.

Dan,

interesting, no GTR cars (big ones)
The FOX has been dominating the public servers lately. At least when I've been online. And I hate the thing!
If I wanted to drive a FOX, I'd go and play with my Scalextric slot car set! .

Give me the road cars or the F08 any day.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've driven all of those cars you mentioned (XR GT, LX4, LX6, MRT, FO8) in the last week, but haven't touched the BF1.

Same here! Alliennas crossed out all of my favorite cars!
Quote from alliennas :interesting, no GTR cars (big ones)

Yep, I have driven them a fair few times because thats sometimes all thats available to race online, but I don't very "like" or "enjoy" driving them, they feel so soulless.

Dan,
Quote from farcar :The FOX has been dominating the public servers lately. At least when I've been online. And I hate the thing!
If I wanted to drive a FOX, I'd go and play with my Scalextric slot car set! .

Give me the road cars or the F08 any day.

WHAT!!! ONE ONE ELEVEN the fox is soooooooooo fun. especially with steering damage.
Quote from Captain Slow :WHAT!!! ONE ONE ELEVEN the fox is soooooooooo fun. especially with steering damage.

Does steering damage make it less like a slot car??
XR GT need some extra horsepower.
Quote from joen :The V8 was already dead before the BF1 came in because of it's twitchy end before the tyre/physics updates....

illepall
Attached images
öjh.JPG
Quote from vicvega :XR GT need some extra horsepower.

No it doesn´t. XR GT and XF GTI are nicely balanced right now. Giving XRG more power would ruin the best balanced car-class in LFS.
Don't know how u checked wich cars ppl drive, but your result is totally wrong.

I have had alot MRT Races the last few weeks and there are more to come. Also GT and FO8 are not dead. Yes - they are not very popular on public servers, but who cares?
My fav. car at the moment is FZ50 and the final answer to ur question is:
YES, we need them all!
Some cars I use really rarely, though the XRG must be the only one which I really haven't driven for more than just a couple of laps. XRR, F08 and RA

Of course I added the imaginery carlist as well
Attached images
lfs_cars_usage.jpg
l33tti0fz.jpg
Quote from alliennas :Hi racers.

Sorry for english
alliennas

I think we need all of those cars. What you pointed out (people don't use them) it's mostly due to balance issues i think. UFR is widely overrun by XFR, XRgt is beaten by XFgt, Rb4 is way too slow compared to FXO and XRT. RAC and Fz50 are quite tricky to use, F08 is a lot better with tyre patch, but many people like more BF1. I think that some of the problems would be solved when we will get more balance in cars' classes.
HYPERACTIVE:
YOU ROCK!

ENDU GTR??? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
you DON'T drive LX, RAC, FZ5!!

And I don't count those 10 goofy servers (stunt, citydriving (lol), drift) here. Even they're always crowded.

I do drive them, in single player.. (

Cars we don't drive?
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG