The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S3 Cars Showcase
(19 posts, started )

Which version do you prefer - the one with the static cameras or the other with the TV cameras?

Thank you!
They are both equally good. However, the one with moving camera makes me a bit dizzy Big grin

Nice job!
Thank you!
I think the same, its moving too much. Big grin

This guy once said that about LFS in general:
Quote from AfterAll14 :All cars feel/sound quite similar.

Yes, sure, that's why I spend days trying to make that chicane as fast as possible and it feels so different with every car - it is like I have to 'learn' how to drive it again.
#4 - lucaf
Video is very nice! I prefer the first one without doubt. I think the way you drive the chicane shows one weirdness of LFS; Many curbs, especially in S-curves, are cut with all four wheels. I assume that kind of cutting doesn't happen in real life? I'm not a racing expert, but for me it doesn't feel realistic.
I like the static one. And a suggestion, when it goes slow motion make the sound a little ear raping, would be awesome
slicks on UF1? u srs?
^ Slicks are on the UF GTR, and guess what - they are the default one!
Quote from lucaf :I assume that kind of cutting doesn't happen in real life? I'm not a racing expert, but for me it doesn't feel realistic.

I wasn't sure either so I asked a few friends and they said its kinda allowed - maybe must be set as a rule for that specific corner. Big grin
i mean u put slicks on every car even the road cars
I mean that is just not true.
However I'm using a custom TYRE.dds, so maybe that's why it look like that to you.
I see now. However better title this S2, there's no S3 cars haha.
Quote from benjamin.torres :I see now. However better title this S2, there's no S3 cars haha.

Well, latest version is S3. The fact that there'no cars yet is secondary.
S3 is not a version,S3 (like S1 and S2) is licence level that determines accessible content.
LFS current version is 0.6T.
Quote from Eclipsed :S3 is not a version,S3 (like S1 and S2) is licence level that determines accessible content.
LFS current version is 0.6T.

Yes and no. While the license limits the accessible content, the S once stood for "Stage". So S1 was the first stage of development, S2 was the second stage and S3 is the current stage. One could argue that this correlates with the version. Shrug But while S2 felt very different to S1 at release, S3 feels more a continuation of S2.
Very Nice video Smile but Slicks Tyre lol.
I'm using a custom TYRE.dds, so maybe that's why it look like that to you.
2nd version if you only show one car but first one if they are following each other because you get dizzy real fast
When the new graphics update is released, I'm planning to make another showcase, probably gonna use only static cameras.
video is awesome, would look good if at the end it then showed some of the cars in some race moments to give the feel of competing against others. Would be an epic video to showcase the cars
This is a nice idea. Thanks!

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG