The online racing simulator
Open Endurance Cup Four
UPDATE: 10th Nov 2018

The Open Endurance Cup returns in January 2019 to Live for Speed after a two year hiatus!

Since there is still time until the league returns, your input is much appreciated! Share your ideas for the endurance league here.

UPDATE: 4th Dec 2018

The schedule is finalised.

Original post from 1st Jan 2017:

Dear racers,

the Open Edurance Cup will not return for a spring season. At the moment it is unclear when the forth season will take place, but time and motivation don't allow a properly organised cup in spring. This season already lacked elements I wanted to provide due to ongoing technical problems on my end. Therefore putting the cup on the shelf for the moment seems to be the right choice for me right now.

How the Open Endurance Cup returns will be a matter worth discussing later this year.

For now I can only advertise you the Desire of Patience Tour 24 hour race with the (unrestricted) GTR class on January 21st 2017.

Happy new year and see you on track!
Attached images
Teaser.png
It's been nearly two years since the last Open Endurance Cup. I intend to bring it back, starting in December or January with a four or five race season with races on (16th Dec 18,) 13th Jan 19, 10th Feb 19, 10th Mar 19, 7th Apr 19, 5th May 19. More information shall follow soon. If you have any ideas or wishes for OEC IV, state them here.
Would love this, since LFS Kinda died I haven't don't anything with it but would love to come back for a league like this again! Would it be multiple drivers per car or could it be separate drivers? Also what times are you thinking. I work every Saturday so just trying to think ahead for maybe booking off work
Quote from cougar8 :Would love this, since LFS Kinda died I haven't don't anything with it but would love to come back for a league like this again! Would it be multiple drivers per car or could it be separate drivers? Also what times are you thinking. I work every Saturday so just trying to think ahead for maybe booking off work

All dates I previously posted should be Sundays, especially since they suit me best.

So... I decided to take the middle four dates of the ones I listed, so:

13th Jan 19 - Round 1
10th Feb 19 - Round 2
10th Mar 19 - Round 3
7th Apr 19 - Round 4

All Rounds will be 3 hour races, starting in the evenig CE(S)T (18:00 - 19:00 CE(S)T), sothat the races are finished by 22:00 CE(S)T). The combos are yet to be decided. I partly want to pick the tracks once we know the car classes. In the past season we ran GT1/GT2 the spring before there was GT1/GT2/NGT. I think three classes are too many for the moment, so I am considering a two class solution, GT1/GT2 or GT2/NGT. However, since it has been two years, what do you think?
Attached images
Wortmarke.png
#6 - jkat
I would do it as one class series as apparently the interest towards endurance racing within lfs is not too high. To have some level of attraction also to possible newcomers I would suggest to go with GT2 or GT9(GTM) class and tailor the handicaps track by track to gain best possible equalisation between cars.

Also I would prefer a bit earlier start of the race, around 15-16 CE(S)T, that would give possibility my son also to race, at least the first stint of the race. Of course that would not be in favour for people from continents of America.
Add xrg
Quote from jkat :I would do it as one class series as apparently the interest towards endurance racing within lfs is not too high. To have some level of attraction also to possible newcomers I would suggest to go with GT2 or GT9(GTM) class and tailor the handicaps track by track to gain best possible equalisation between cars.

Tailor made handicaps are problematic per se, as there has to be a robust model for all three cars for a race distance and applicable to different tracks. Once you ask racers for their opinion there always is a bias to their favorite car.
A few weeks back, before I decided to bring the series back, I had the idea to use the pure GTR cars with mandatory pit stop times balancing the cars to one level, using the hotlap WR as start parameter per car per track to set up the model. Especially on the popular combos you can regard the WRs as a good benchmark.

EDIT: I try to think of something for tailor made restictions.
Quote from jkat :Also I would prefer a bit earlier start of the race, around 15-16 CE(S)T, that would give possibility my son also to race, at least the first stint of the race. Of course that would not be in favour for people from continents of America.

I keep that bit of information in my head.
Quote from Mikus1212 :Add xrg

Rofl
Yeah, i agree with jkat, an earlier start would be better.
To me 18-19 would be OK-ish but yeah a bit earlier would be better as well Smile.
Where can we sign up? Smile
I'm interested already!
#12 - jkat
Quote from joaopaulopt :Where can we sign up? Smile
I'm interested already!

I guess sign ups will be opened when car classes and tracks are decided.
Good to see that there is at least one racer eagerly waiting some endurance racing action Wave
I received this question via PN:
Quote :
How long is each race?

I'm thinking about either 450km races or 3h races. If it is distance based, that should translate to 2h30min.
will be any track choose voting ?
Can I attend as a standalone driver? Feel free to exclude me from official results, but I'd like to test my endurance in a big way Smile
Quote from Tenishia :will be any track choose voting ?

I havn't planned it, but you can state your wishes here, sothat I know of them.Cool

Quote from michal 1279 :Can I attend as a standalone driver? Feel free to exclude me from official results, but I'd like to test my endurance in a big way Smile

Yes, you can drive the races all by yourself. Thumbs up And no, I won't remove you from the results.
Quote from jkat :I guess sign ups will be opened when car classes and tracks are decided.
Good to see that there is at least one racer eagerly waiting some endurance racing action Wave

I'm very interested Big grin
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : will not attend
I'm interested too, RL permitting.
always interested in some GT racingSmile
A one class league makes the cars equal, why complicate things trying to equalize the cars. I would be a standalone participant and prefer a car such as FZR, FZ5, Open Wheel. I look forward to seeing the details. I live in America, 18:00 CET is 09:00 my time. I am probably the only runner to be this far away. I hope that I can make the races, I am a very big fan of endurance racing and believe it is much more competitive and fun on the open configuration courses, Westhill, Rockingham, Aston, Ferm Bay, all good layouts!
Quote from MTnRunnr :A one class league makes the cars equal, why complicate things trying to equalize the cars.

The problem is that within all "classes" there are vast differences in the performance over the course of a stint and a race distance.
Take for example the Desire of Patience races organised by BurnoutCrew where there classically was no ballancing. It was fair in that sense as everyone knew the inherent differences between the cars, so those teams fighting for the win chose the fastest car of a class, and those who wanted the experience of an endurance race chose the car they liked the most, but ended the race at the tail end of the standings. But they organised much longer races (12h and 24h), so it was a big reward just to finish.
This "equalizing" shall enable all drivers to take their favorite car but still being able to compete for position, hence why there is ballance of performance in real life GT and TC racing these days.
My fault, I said one class and intended to suggest one car. If all runners are in the same car, there is no need for equilazation. I don’t have a strong opinion on this, just a suggestion.
it wouldn't probably be good for attendance nowadays if people don't have a choice of car, interesting idea tho
This is my observation and personal opinion on the issue with the popularity of LFS. It takes hours of testing for most people to get a set correct and may never hit the mark. It gets too involved and intense for the semi casual driver. I feel like more would be interested, if it took less time to be competitive. Just my opinion and I will be happy to run whatever is decided. This is not meant as a criticism, I am looking forward to know the combo’s so I can do a little meaningful running!
Remember that you can always ask people for a set. They might not give their very best one if it's private but I'm pretty sure you can always get an average setup from someone Smile. I personally almost always share my sets.

Open Endurance Cup Four
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG