The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Aston
(104 posts, started )
Quote from Degats :Scawen, are the /CP values correct for the second image?
The camera seems to be in the right place, but pointing in the wrong direction. The other ones of that area seem to line up properly, but that one looks way off.

Correct, that was wrong and is fixed now if you go back to the page.
We've done a new image for the same /cp values.

EDIT: https://www.lfs.net/static/screenshots/ast201810/-40092390%20-420737%20915489%20828%20419%200.0%2040.0.jpg
Quote from mbutcher :It always had a 40 car grid no?

No just Blackwood Westhill and Rockingham.
Quote from mbutcher :It always had a 40 car grid no?

no , in new tracks it was 40 , in other tracks you need to make it with lyouts
Quote from Degats :Yet another round of comparisons:

Some big changes there; I'm yet to find anything that hasn't been re-profiled!
Eric's been working hard Smile

Thanks ! Indeed : this is crazy to see the evolution !!! Excellent job again Mr Eric !!!

Looks like Club circuit will be slower by a consequent margin Big grin

Quote from Scawen :Correct, that was wrong and is fixed now if you go back to the page.
We've done a new image for the same /cp values.

EDIT: https://www.lfs.net/static/screenshots/ast201810/-40092390%20-420737%20915489%20828%20419%200.0%2040.0.jpg

Soon we will request you some videos showing the tracks updated being driven, like the one with the FOX on Rockingham that the circuit is showing on their website Big grin
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Thanks for the update and thanks for the comparisons! Looks awesome.
The image of the game is not very bright in some places? especially the roads are very uncomfortable. Other than that the quality is satisfactory.
Any chances of improving the gravel traps somehow? The new Blackwood ones seem pretty flat and can be escaped from even with the BF1, and if you have a bit of a hard time driving out, mouse steering from left to right almost always gets you out there. You need an effective gravel trap in AS5 T1 to make endurance races interesting Smile
Great thing
I want to asking you
Will change in fps?
Yes change fps, you know..

+Graphics improvement
+Shadows
+lighting

rip fps soon.

gg
I have hoped that South City is the next but ok.
Im not a really big fan of Aston but it looks not bad. Hope next Month (to my Birthday) South City is the next Smile
Really nice work!
It look very beautiful! Heart
Hmmm....
NOTE: For comparison shots, Aston has been raised by 2 metres so 131072 must be subtracted from the Z coordinate

This 2 meters. Is this at one to one scale?
Quote from Stölzel :I have hoped that South City is the next but ok.
Im not a really big fan of Aston but it looks not bad. Hope next Month (to my Birthday) South City is the next Smile

by the leaked photos that we've seen, the next track will be Autocross Tilt
or Westhill, or both ...Ya right

but for next year, the speculation will be ... massive LFS : seeing the remaining tracks on which nothing has been spoiled Heart Heart

Anyway, we have some beatiful screnshots to wait with Thumbs up
Thanks for this Thumbs up
this NEWDIMENSION RACING still exists?

why there is no CITYDRIVING UK banner? more applicable nowadays
Been away for 8 months on LFSforums and I am glad to see that the game is changing. Keep up the great work, I am genuinely happy about the progress. Even though it will never be like it used to be back when NDR and Genuine Racing held races, it would be definitely nice to hop on LFS one day once we will be able to say that a new era has started to take its shape. Smile
Even if I was one of the individuals who hated on the progress of LFS, I am truly happy to see that you guys are still working on the game. It just shows that you are really passionate about what you do, even if it doesn't match the standards of today's gaming industry (which is what I appreciate because it keeps the true and loyal people in this community still around and cheering you on for what you are trying to achieve).

Great work, a bright future is ahead.
Eric?

Thumbs up!!!
Quote from The_Great :this NEWDIMENSION RACING still exists?

why there is no CITYDRIVING UK banner? more applicable nowadays

Because simply this is a simRacing simulator and not city driving.
To be able to have this content in LFS this has nothing to do with LiveForSpeed.

Scawen continue with this beautiful work I believe that LiveForSpeed will have a great future!
I just need to keep work and try to call more leagues Smile
@Eric: Once again: very impressive work and another big step for the look and visual appeal of Live for Speed. Can not wait to finally get on the "new" tracks / layouts.

@Degats: Many thanks for very useful comparsion links
This forum badly needs a like button Smile. Great work Sca(vi)er, glad you still believe in this project. Love these reports.
My favorite track gets even better Smile

That sausage curb at first/last chicane will make every mechanic a lot busier then ever Big grin
Looks really good! I'm looking forward to the challenges the new updates will bring. I think the new layouts will change the driving style in many ways.
The difference between old and new is brutal! It feels like looking at a difference between San Andreas and GTA4, totally overhauled! Very nice! It almost scared me how different it is! Big grin

Graphics Progress Report: Aston
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG