The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Aston
(104 posts, started )
Quote from k_badam :Comparing LFS to Forza is like comparing apples to oranges, Forza is a arcade game that is really fun, LFS is a simulation that can also be really fun. Forza's graphics are on complete other level, almost photo realistic, LFS looks amazing for a game that can run on such old systems though

(I'm talking about Forza Horizon 4, which you can get for the same price as S3)

Also, I was talking about graphics, not simulation.
I've got 1 more question, how much bigger will the LFS file be?
Quote from JohnT2005 :if you think about it, the the better the graphics the more realistic it is, because you don't drive a car with a tv on the windows showing you an
animated virision of the road no.

I drive a car with foggy windows on cold mornings, in the dark at night, etc., and it feels no less real for lack of visual details. I appreciate that your view is the majority view, but high graphics are an aid to immersion, IMHO: they are not the only factor, or even the most important factor.

I am more excited about blingy LFS graphics removing this "but it has old graphics" attitude and hopefully starting a new growth in people who put graphics first, than I am for my own enjoyment of them. They look stunning, but the immersion I get from LFS with the graphics we have is already stunning - I am there, I am the car.
JohnT2005 - chill on the multi-posting man. If no-one has replied to your comment already, just edit your post and add whatever you need to.

Post-farming is just kinda gross.

edit: The end-of-year update always comes while I'm away from my rig on holiday between xmas and new year or just after. Sitting in another city with no LFS at update time is soul-destroying :/

Graphics Progress Report: Aston
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG