The online racing simulator
Your first memories from LFS?
(101 posts, started )
Quote from neonmateo :Oh wow. Thanks for sharing this! Anything simmilar in future? I'd like to join.

Sadly, no Frown.... This was old times. AutoPlus TV stopped existing in 2008, I think and all of the LFS teams in Serbia shut down gradually in years to come.
Well I do remember first time spawning in the pits of blackwood back in 2008, trying to put the car in gear. I think it was the XFG. I got recommended by a friend who was also into drifting. And later, a few youtube videos made me buy S2 mainly "Step into S2"

https://youtu.be/xE3fhOfeZ2o
0.5Z25/Z28, 2009/2010, "Police Practise [sic] Server", I still remember all the fuss that arose after the announcement of the open track configs Smile
Swapping ends in the XRT, early 2003, v0.2. Wishing I had a desk large enough for a wheel. Or the funds for one, I was still at college. I didn't even have an internet connection!

Now I wish I can find the time to dust the wheel box. Frown
Quote from Bob Smith :Now I wish I can find the time to dust the wheel box. Frown

It takes less than 30 seconds from clicking the LFS icon to being on track, that includes clamping your wheel to the desk.

Try it Thumbs up
I had a Momo given to me in 2003, found LFS and gave the demo a try. If I had a dollar for every hour I spent on LFS...driving...skinning...posting nutty chit...chatting with new friends, well lets just say I would not want for much.

The "Original Live for Speed League" races were epic.

Hard to believe it has been 15 years, still fun.

Ant
SpeedSims league - got me over here as the Nascar Heat league decided to try LFS out. I was horrible, driving with automatic. I'm still bad, but at least now I can keep pace with the mid pack.
I remember I was racing in BL rallycross (labeled as BL2 during that time) with XFG. It was AA rallycross server which I spent most of my demo time on. I remember this guy, AA Szaboaz. He was very helpful and taught me how to become fast in rally with XFG. Also thanks to him I am still active in LFS. Those were good times, server was almost always filled and average quality of drivers was much higher than nowadays.
I recall searching for "online racing simulator" or something, and clicking on one of the first that popped up. Free demo to try out, not a huge download. This was in the 0.1 demo only days.

Got on track with mouse control, saw the pitch and roll as I braked too late for turn one at Blackwood in the GTi (as the XFG was known then), and thought the mouse isn't going to cut it. Upgraded to a dual analogue controller for a while and had my first online races. The rest is history.
I started playing the demo.... I dunno about five minutes before/after they released S1? Me finding the game was pretty much dumb luck. I found the game while bored and reading an article on independent game makers to pass the time.
One of my first memories of LFS was noticing how NICE people were. Most racing gamers were way too stuck on themselves and took the game too serious. Not so with the LFS crowd. In fact, LFS multiplayer managed to do something that no other game of any sort could. There was a community where almost everyone knew everyone else. Going to the server, even the demo servers was a lot like going to a small town pub. Which was a good thing for me as I sucked horribly at LFS. That was the other thing I first remembered about LFS. Was how great it played for a racing game..... and how some people got bent out of shape for calling it a game instead of a sim. I never could figure that out with those folks. Of course its a sim. It simulates a game. The game being racing.
And it does it really really good.
It was something new. Very realistic and challenging simulator. Very skillful online players, especially french gamers. I particularly liked muse control, which gave more precision in controlling the car.

Lot's of free content for unlimited time. A big gift. A good game with lot's of potential.
Mine was almost 12 years ago.... can barely remember yesterday!
Mine was around 2003~2004, I used to race almost all nights on Viper Racing with Val (http://vnovak.com/)

We used vrgt chat (http://www.vrgt.com/) to communicate before entering the server

One night while waiting Val to appear and open the server, someone that was on the chat also waiting for him, said that I should try LFS and I did

At the time I was 10~11 yo and was really bad at taking corners with the S1 physics, so I spent most of the time drag racing on the BL1 straight

I remember that we used an "nitrous", that much later I discovered that it was a cheat that made the handbrake power negative, making the wheels accelerate more rather than braking them Tongue

In 2005 me and my brother convinced our parents to buy S2 for us, and we shared the "Specht" account until 2008, when I bought S2 just for me
Today is my 15TH year anniversary in LFS. just sayin'.
Lerts on a crispy bike riding through wormholes.
Summer 2010, I drove the XRG on BL rallycross a lot in Singleplayer because the jumps were pure fun Smile and whenever I felt dull I would just drive the FBM against the barriers on BL carpark and see how high I could fly Rofl

Yes, I was no good at driving on BL GP but I could drive on gravel just fine? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When I first started, the first thing I did was make a little gauge cluster site in PHP and design my own sim rig out of wood... yea that didn't last long because it was massive and hard to deal with.

I also have very fond memories of when I started doing rallycross... and tried to start a league right when i had a license. LOL.

Discovering LFS on a computer disk when I bought a PC magazine over a dozen years ago. Loaded it, and spent lot of time in single player mode. Didn't have wheel in these days, so all keyboard driving.

First time I tried online, joined ongoing race at South City, came out of pits wondering why I couldn't go very fast, and got in way of leaders and likely spoilt their race (belated apologies!). I joined race in a car I hadn't tried before, and didn't realise the car had a speed limiter. Promptly left, and took while before I braved going online again.

Did a lot of hot lapping at one time setting times with keyboard. Tried with wheel since then to try improve times, and find can't get anywhere near these times I set.
Registered a day before my first race. I was looking for a substitute racing game after NFSW shutted down. I got annoyed with the complex driving in the training that i quit after an hour. Then i tried multiplayer in 25th July 2015, rammed the hell out of everyone in MRc FBM with a friend. Soon got bored and left to LCS Cruise.
Quite nervous at that time, I couldn't even steer straight and i tend to freak out with side-by-side action. Often ending in a crash.
i was learning drifting back in 2011
I was die hard NFS fan and sometime in 2005, while i was grinding the Most Wanted, my cousin comes and says i should try this Live for Speed. It was fun, but difficult on keyboard, so few months later i got wheel. My PC was some Celeron, so i used wheel view all the time to get at least 20 fps and got some good hate for it, didn't know why. ^^
I first found LFS was in 2004, In that era there are not many natural graphic racing game, then I found LFS (some version S1?) and I kept that in my hard drive. It was fun to drive and I even experiment some 4WD mini racer cornering method lol. Now I have S3 and still very enjoy it.
It was like 8 years ago or something, I was looking for a free simulator with low system requirements and found this game. 3 years later I created my first account here. Good times

Your first memories from LFS?
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG