(143 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Al-KeN :There was again DDOS attack
because of the stupid racism Admin´s
of Server [ TC City Driving ]
the DDOS attack will continue if they
are not change something ..
just for you all to let you know Wink

Quote :(sermilan) DELETED by kristofferandersen : language

Ye, language... and a bad one, just to make sure you get the message of how much support you have for your deeds. You're an imbecile and no one should talk to you to meet your silly demands. I hope you get what you deserve.
Yes, but Russian "azbuka" can be again rendered in stable way, when single letter can have only one image, and doesn't compose with others, so it's just matter of extended font, and using text encoding with the extra glyphs for azbuka. Some languages like Arabic and Hindi are much more difficult to render, as some letters work as prefix/suffix for following letters, changing the way how they look. You can't compare the complexity of those two, if rendering Russian alphabet was +25% amount of code complexity, rendering Arabic properly is more like +300%.
so this all is because of arabic language not being in the game ? cmooon im a croat and i dont even use croatian in the game.. complete bs if you ask me.. and as for the price of lfs licence i mean cmoon a lifetime licence for one payment isnt that much at all in comparison to any game today
Well, looks like the Arabs doing their own community a world of good by continuing this and not talking things out. I doubt Scawen will be hostile towards some nice gestures like, I don't know. Talking nicely? Working something out like a translated page?

Seem to forget that when everyone else suffers, they too suffer; where do you get your LFS dose of speed now?

Don't think they thought this through, lol.

So far the people and their reason is unknown. Before we jump to conclusions and point the finger at anyone, we might want to wait for some facts first. And taking the claims of a random person from twitter (or anywhere else) serious doesn't help anyone.

edit:
If there is some actual evidence you might want to get in touch with the devs before posting it here.
Quote from three_jump :So far the people and their reason is unknown. Before we jump to conclusions and point the finger at anyone, we might want to wait for some facts first. And taking the claims of a random person from twitter (or anywhere else) serious doesn't help anyone.

Well, we have
1) That Arab dude on Twitter,
2) The Arab AL-KeN guy on this thread (Who is Saudi and certainly not German like his flag says, unless Germany's english education has taken a toll),
3) This weasel

So far, every single one of these seem to be Arab of some sort. Unless someone is out to tarnish the Arabic community with a wave of fake accounts, or a bunch of immature Arabic loonies are just having some fun (those 3). If it's this, then their rep won't exactly be good...

But you're right, let's just hold back.. Who knows. It might just be a 78y/o technician trial-DDoSing the wrong location due to myopia. Uhmm
That guy was banned immediately, but it's unlikely the attacker would admit to it like that.

In the meantime, keep following @LFSracing on Twitter for useful updates like this.
-
(nikolai_01) DELETED by nikolai_01
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :and i may add i known Kriss for years. he aint a imbecile and does alot for newcomers to LFS .

If "Kriss" is the one who is doing all this, then I regret to say that he is an imbecile.
No one in his right mind would do such stupidity as he is doing. He's the one who should be rethinking his acts, not me.

Imagine this: you and I are having discussion here. Should I go out on the street and start slapping everyone that comes my way just because I might be displeased by your response in our discussion?
Well, absolutely not!

EDIT:
Just realized that "Kriss" should be the one who erased my previous post. I have nothing against him, he's doing his job. The one I am talking about above is the attacker.
In the end it really does not matter who's doing it. And no matter what reasons they may have, we will never give in this way.

So in the coming days we will be working on more protection for our sites and services, hopefully keeping LFS in the air during hard times.
Well good luck, hope you find the problems and remove them Smile
Quote from sermilan :If "Kriss" is the one who is doing all this, then I regret to say that he is an imbecile.
No one in his right mind would do such stupidity as he is doing. He's the one who should be rethinking his acts, not me.

Imagine this: you and I are having discussion here. Should I go out on the street and start slapping everyone that comes my way just because I might be displeased by your response in our discussion?
Well, absolutely not!

EDIT:
Just realized that "Kriss" should be the one who erased my previous post. I have nothing against him, he's doing his job. The one I am talking about above is the attacker.

Yes, I figured. I'm glad you're having 2nd thoughts about me :-)
I'm sure we can have a peaceful discussion without flaming. As Wiz mentioned, we're pretty good friends and I'd never do anything to hurt anyone, I can barely kill flies without ending up crying.
In the end, I'm just doing my job
Scawen, can I be unblocked from the LFS twitter so I can follow the twitter updates?
OK
"Stop LFS"...

No
Don't stop lfs only cause this, as far as i know they were ddosing also TC (they somehow resolwed it and maybe got DDOS protection)

all they want as far as i know are those things (from the most logical to least)

• Stop TC's admins being racist(not like they are but i can not know i do not play there actualy) there will be a guesstion on this why not only TC and whole lfs then ? answer may be that they want to get attention on this to put more rpesure on TC, and if they do it again ppl will be probably angry on TC, and may not play there anymore (to not risk again DDOS of whole lfs)

• Arabic language (well might not be also true, since they guy on the twitte later said he is sorry and that he was only trolling (what a jerk))

(some of these might have been covered in this alredy)
Quote from Mate2169 :..

• Stop TC's admins being racist(not like they are but i can not know i do not play there actualy) there will be a guesstion on this why not only TC and whole lfs then ? answer may be that they want to get attention on this to put more rpesure on TC, and if they do it again ppl will be probably angry on TC, and may not play there anymore (to not risk again DDOS of whole lfs)

Some words regarding the accusations towards TC:

Playing the racist card is the lamest of all excuses. Everyone who got banned on TC has the right make an unban request and also another one to appeal. In which case the management is involved to look over the case again. If other reasons than breaking server rules would have lead to the ban, it would have become apparent.

Arab drifting (or Hagwalah, or whatever you call it) has been banned from roads (you may still do it in stunt areas though, car parks etc) after more than a year it started to cause serious problems. It was around 2015, when suddenly many new players from Arabic countries joined LFS and appeared on TC servers. Most of them just drifted around, caused much grief and didn't care for the rules or the game-play at all.
We tried many things to integrate them, asked translators to help out and made special pages with arabic rules like tc-g.uk/arabic as shockingly many players from there don't know a single word in English.

It worked to some extend, there are many good examples of Arabic players who overcome language barriers, even passed their cop tests (a TC rolep-laying feature) and have a good time. Some however didn't, but as guests, it's ultimately up to them to make the effort to fit in. As host, I think it's our right to define the rules and guests who don't abide by them have to play somewhere else, e.g. on drift servers.

We don't care where our guests come from, what language they speak or what they believe in. Everyone respecting our rules is welcome.
-
(Amynue) DELETED by Scawen : unhelpful post
It's pretty sad to see that a game, its developers and its players are so badly affected by one (or maybe more) angry person(s). He/she can do what he/she wants, but together we stay strong. We'll win the fight if we have to, although it's better if the attacker talks with a developer or somebody from [TC] than performing DDoS-attacks. Talking is better than fighting IMO.

I wish all the developers good luck with solving it!

[CSR]Wouter
LFS player since 2011, playing on online cruise servers since 2013, [TC]CityDriving player since 2015

Thank you very much Eric, Scawen, Victor, the [TC] team and all the kind players for such a nice game with a nice community.

Keep up the good work! Smile
It's not bothering me. We had a good evening on a busy B2R last night. If I can't get on, I'll do something else instead (all over pubg mobile atm).

We'll all still be here when the attackers run out of pocket money and go away Thumbs up
It's just a shameless and brutal action.
Hiding behind a botnet and nobody know whats wrong Shrug
Nevermind, the community will not leave LFS, we can wait. For the Devs I would like to say - stay cool, we all be back when the hate messengers have finished their mission.

Its summer on the door. Let them waste their money and time with happy ddossing, lets enjoy life elsewhere meantime.
Quote from lucaf :Let them waste their money and time with happy ddossing, lets enjoy life elsewhere meantime.

Every time I couldn't join a server over this weekend, I jumped into InSim coding... got loads done, for the first time in ages. Swings and roundabouts and all that Wink
Good that this happens now and not after the new and security improved patch release (which probably will make another container of idiots unhappy).

Being less vulnerable for terrorist attacks is always good.

---
I noticed earlier, that I was still one of the few to contact this forum. I think it's because I am on ipv6 .. Would be nice if the LFS simulator would support ipv6 in the future as DDOSsing is far more difficult (not many bots on a botnet, on ipv6).

Quote :Pinging lfs.net [2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:38a] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:38a: time=29ms
Reply from 2400:cb00:2048:1::681c:38a: time=28ms

Quote from FreeScirocco :I noticed earlier, that I was still one of the few to contact this forum. I think it's because I am on ipv6 .. Would be nice if the LFS simulator would support ipv6 in the future as DDOSsing is far more difficult (not many botnets on a botnet, on ipv6).

I'm still on IPv4 and was able to ping the master server while it was under attack.

€: The screenshot was taken just before making this post, but the results were basically the same a few days ago.
Attached images
ping lfsmaster during ddos.png
We try to null-route (plainly block) attacks, preventing servers from being drowned in traffic so that other LFS services remain available, which is why you could still ping it. But by blocking the attacks (closing ports), we do block the service behind it as well, which is why the master is / was down from time to time.
The websites now sit behind CloudFlare and the web server has been locked down with switch ACL's. This already has protected the website from attacks late last night.
The website indeed has always been available through IPv6 because the attack only occurred on IPv4.
Finally, we have a plan to better protect the master, however it will take a bit of work and a patch for LFS. Hopefully that will come later this week.
Can all of you access www.lfsworld.net - I can't at the moment although Victor can.

EDIT : OK thanks for the test, I think it was a DNS propagation issue and my ISP isn't updated yet.
This thread is closed

Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG