The online racing simulator
Why master server is down?
(143 posts, closed, started )
It started today when i tried to join multiplayer server then it throws me with "Could not connect to master server" ;(
There was a DDOS attack against LFS servers yesterday. Not sure about today's issues. LFS twitter confirmed there was another DDOS attack today.
Thx buddies, i was trying hard to fix something lel
There was again DDOS attack
because of the stupid racism Admin´s
of Server [ TC City Driving ]
the DDOS attack will continue if they
are not change something ..
just for you all to let you know Wink
(Tc city driving) lets **** up this bitch, i want play lfs is my life ;p
#6 - expr
Quote from Al-KeN :There was again DDOS attack

You do realise that both blackmailing and denial of service attacks are illegal in Germany? Your possible motivations don't affect this one bit.
Maybe that attack comes an other country and maybe those ppl who's attack knows the way and they know the detours that they do not get caught, but the childish mumble in any case
LFS host server too weak, so need better server and DDoS protection? It will pay more for sure
We have here LFS Suomi servers and webpages that protection and that work verywell, but now this prob is masterserver, not work our protection Smile Wondering what has to be change, that attack will stop.. If they get what they want, what's next?
If the DDOS attacker has a problem with one segment of the LFS community, could they please discuss it with the people involved, and not take it out on the entire LFS community? We have a discussion forum to help. You can often solve a problem by talking about it.
#11 - expr
Quote from SA-White :Maybe that attack comes an other country and maybe those ppl who's attack knows the way and they know the detours that they do not get caught, but the childish mumble in any case

Oh, I've certainly heard of cases of people getting a morning visit by the police for unwise forum posts. The police after all don't require absolute proof before starting an investigation – it is an investigation after all. But that's the case here, of course.

It is a tenuous process for everyone involved, but sometimes there doesn't seem to be another option. It's also a wake-up call to get your hardware confiscated pending the investigation...
#12 - phm
alguna novedad para restablecer el lfs
Quote from expr :You do realise that both blackmailing and denial of service attacks are illegal in Germany?

So what are you going to do? Sue someone outside your country? Schwitz
#14 - expr
Quote from racerss :So what are you going to do? Sue someone outside your country? Schwitz

Why would I sue anyone? But in the hypothetical, domestic cases are of course simpler. Personally I'd have to consult someone on how to proceed with foreign law enforcement if I had some sort of contact information of a person in question (my uneducated guess would be to start with local officials and their capability of co-operation with their foreign counterparts).

How much you are willing to spend time on of course depends on how seriously you are being harassed, which you of course always hope to avoid.
Not so long ago we had a DOS attack and all i know it was a pretty big botnet. Recorded trafic for few secs and more then 300k ip's attackedd us in that short time. From all over the word.

Anyway this sucks and i think we allready a very small comunity.

Hope it ends soon this is not what the devs team deserves.
Uhh, why does this need to happen in the Easter holidays, when there are more players than usual...
-
(sermilan) DELETED by kristofferandersen : language
Quote from Al-KeN :There was again DDOS attack

So u have problem with few guys and now u attack the whole comunity?
Well... now when reason is revealed, to be honest once again, I am not surprised a bit.
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
#19 - BIzO
Quote from DReyes03 :Scawen this is for the license price, many say it is very high

Sorry but wtf? £24 for a complete game that have unlimited lifetime, who also have a unlimited demo version? How's that high?
Its 18 pounds @DomRep (12 pounds for S2). Must be high, smoking high
I wonder how much they payed for botnet Smile
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
So the reason of the servers failing to work is ?
Man who would do such a thing... To be that low..to attack LFS? LFS is lyfe Frown pls stop
Quote from KengurMraz :So the reason of the servers failing to work is ?

There is just one master server. Should be much better if there was like five, much harder to take down.
Quote from DReyes03 :Scawen this is for the license price, many say it is very high

I don't see how they can get devs lower prices if they have to raise expenses to deal with such attacks...
Anyway - why iRacing isn't taken down already? I mean,it's like 5 times more expensive every year...
This thread is closed

(143 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG