The online racing simulator
More penalty options! InSim wise
Noticed we have following penalty options:

DT = Drivethrough ( Which leads Disqualification if not cleared during race )
SG = Stop And Go ( Which leads Disqualification if not cleared during race )
30 = 30 second penalty
45 = 45 second penalty

I think today's standards those are too slim options. I am suggesting to give us at least DQ option or variable time penalties.

EDIT: Just found out it was suggested before, my bad. ( Title was not telling it directly tho )
#2 - Racon
I don't know if I ever made that suggestion or not, but I was planning to at the least a while back Smile

I want to DQ people who haven't taken a joker lap on my rallycross server - my workaround is to have a checkpoint before the finish line but after the joker entry. On the last lap if they haven't taken the joker I give them a SG penalty, which turns into a DQ when they finish the race without serving it. It's not ideal, but it keeps the DQ inside LFS (ie, part of the results received by insim) instead of me having to add it after and diddle the results.

I also thought it might be nice to be able to set a minimum time to serve in pits regardless of tyres/fuelling/repairs etc. (As Rony's XL races do, penalising based on the amount of time missed). We could use this for race balancing too - might be a nice alternative to ballast/restriction.
Quote from Racon :I don't know if I ever made that suggestion or not, but I was planning to at the least a while back Smile

I want to DQ people who haven't taken a joker lap on my rallycross server - my workaround is to have a checkpoint before the finish line but after the joker entry. On the last lap if they haven't taken the joker I give them a SG penalty, which turns into a DQ when they finish the race without serving it. It's not ideal, but it keeps the DQ inside LFS (ie, part of the results received by insim) instead of me having to add it after and diddle the results.

I also thought it might be nice to be able to set a minimum time to serve in pits regardless of tyres/fuelling/repairs etc. (As Rony's XL races do, penalising based on the amount of time missed). We could use this for race balancing too - might be a nice alternative to ballast/restriction.

We have exactly same thought!
I think many penality options you can program yourself.
That allows biggest flexibility.
For example custom pitstop time:
Insim knows when a pitstop begin&ends, that is all you need to implement it.
Or if you want to force repair ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags#Black_flag_with_orange_circle ) that would be possible too, because insim can detect what kind of work was done during a pitstop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG