The online racing simulator
Quote from lucaf :Have to say I feel much similar. Where is the guy who wanted to co operate with Devs by creating Nordschleife for LFS? I would really hear the opinion of Devs about that

Probably a no go but if they do accept this wildcard I'd be pleasantly surprised... although, where has this Nordschleife guy gone? Tongue
If I understood it correctly, this is the reason for the lack of new tracks:

Quote from Scawen :
Anyway, as some of you know, due to a separation in the code when the new tyre physics was to be released may years ago, there are two separate versions of LFS, the development version with the new tyre physics and the public version with the old tyre physics. The trouble is that updates (to graphics, interface, etc.) in each version need to be merged into the other version. It has been like a chain around my neck attached to an iron ball and one that I want to get rid of. At the moment there are just so many changes for the new graphics, it would be a bit of a nightmare to try and merge that into the public version. The only way to avoid that tedious merge now is to get the physics complete to a point where it is good enough to release. So the development version can be finally released to you and LFS will be back to a single version again.

So my intention is to keep on this graphics stuff as much as Eric needs right now, then get that physics suitable for release while he is finishing the remaining tracks.

So there might already be several new tracks, but only in the development version since making it for both versions would be twice the work and wouldn't make sense. As soon as the physics update comes out, it probably won't take long for content updates as well.
But that's just my interpretation. Big grin
Quote from zeugnimod :So there might already be several new tracks...

IIRC, Scawen has said before that there are two that are close to finished and others in development.
Quote from Racon :IIRC, Scawen has said before that there are two that are close to finished and others in development.

Well, where are they? Tongue

Some teasers would certainly hype the crowd and silence the speculations.. all we get are just worded "meh" responses to sort of confirm that tracks are on the way.
No taking away from the fact that yes, its relieving to a certain extent when Scawen comes on abd says something, but after a while it gets mundane and standard.

And even so, 2 tracks after such a long gap is nothing to be happy about. Hopefully it comes out soon.....
Quote from MicroSpecV :Some teasers would certainly hype the crowd and silence the speculations

Last time they posted some teasers it didn't work out well. Keywords: Scirocco / Early 2009
Seems like devs learning from that mistake as every "we plan" the community translates as "we promise". Shrug
Quote from MicroSpecV :Well, where are they? Tongue

On the other side of the reunification of the code bases, by the looks of it.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Some teasers would certainly hype the crowd and silence the speculations..

I've changed my mind on teasers, I think we end up with more negativity in the long run. Positive people don't need teasers in order to be positive, but the negative people just use anything that's not here yet as ammo.

Quote from MicroSpecV :And even so, 2 tracks after such a long gap is nothing to be happy about

If new tracks are not going to make you happy, you probably don't need to be agitating for new tracks?
Track updates are pointless if the core doesn't change. (Physics in this case). The release of Westhill 2.0, Blackwood 4.0 (?) and Rockingham showed that.

Track updates, graphical improvements, new physics, probably improved online security. Sounds like a plan. Just sit back and relax for at least another half year. On the big picture this waiting time doesn't matter much anymore anyway.
Do you know what would be a showstopper?

Telling now that you still haven't tried all track/car combinations on LFS, there is so much left to do.

Yeah right... lol
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Do you know what would be a showstopper?

Telling now that you still haven't tried all track/car combinations on LFS, there is so much left to do.

Yeah right... lol

I did many but not all Smile
i don't get people wanting new physics so bad.. It is already better than any other sim.
Speculars (maybe take a look at pbr) and richer lightmaps really will bring new life to the graphical part.
Quote from justadroover :i don't get people wanting new physics so bad.. It is already better than any other sim.
Speculars (maybe take a look at pbr) and richer lightmaps really will bring new life to the graphical part.

Well, new things won't hurt nearly anybody for sure, I am waiting them as well.

However, there is still things you can exploit in LFS. Recently found one new.

Lots of secrets in LFS... lots of secrets! ( Well, pretty sure not as intended, but still )
Soooo...

I'm supposed to go dust off stuff and smash that F5? If you insist. :3
Seriously, tho. Nice that both of you are excited to work on it again, makes me happy as well. Big grin

Back to LFS in VR and new physics/graphics/content... but...

Rallypack, Scawen?!

Big grin
Quote from BlackEye :Soooo...

I'm supposed to go dust off stuff and smash that F5? If you insist. :3
Seriously, tho. Nice that both of you are excited to work on it again, makes me happy as well. Big grin

Back to LFS in VR and new physics/graphics/content... but...

Rallypack, Scawen?!

Big grin

Watch out! You might invoke that Norwegian guy to speak up about it!
I miss the Norwegian guy, haven't seen him in a while :/...

And as always - reading the small updates is lovely, Scawen!
Scawen Hello GO UK
Thanks for the update. Lfs deserve to do the buzz again!
Ok, time for me to put some bags of words in this topic.

First of all, thanx Dev team for taking still a job in this game, because to be honest - with other games like rf,ac,pc revelated in couple of years back, there are sure times to give up. Apriciate any work here.

Since ive managed to start a league, and after few events it went big and hitting full host - i was exited and happy that we are still good drivers that are want to race in this game, truly belive that our (guys making events) job is making you happy, that we are still trying to dig this game up.
Personally i dont care about graphics more that a feeling when iam sitting in a car aside others and racing, pushing to the limits. There is not better feeling.

Since almost everyone known there is lack of tracks, i would be happy to see mods that can be taken by community - it will be crucial to hit this game BIG like old days.

My version of future:
1. Update with new track, graphix, physix, cars
2. Mods aviable to create your own tracks, cars, custom layouts etc
3. Game is back to the top of the best simracing game.
4. Everyone heading back to LFS from ac,rf,pc,gt
5. We hitting biggest communnity of drivers in simracing game
6. Devs can trully go for a well deseved vacations

Yeah, iam freamin i know, but still i trully belive that LFS will be back on TOP someday.

I really want to put an effort to changes in stuff in game, more easy options to take care and event/championship, there is still lack of options/commands that we could use.
Iam trying to imagine a 'propaerly race start formations' - heading out of the pits, one outerlap, heading to formation in grid ( can be automatically ) then light and go full throttle. I would really love to see a safety car option to drive on and event, info to every driver that safety car is on track, and you cant overtake, etc etc there is soo much stuff that would make this game more lovely. ( ofc, those options on event shouldn't be allowed for everyone, imho this can make some event to be more popular )

Ok, there is soo many topic i want to put in, but i wont Wink
W8ting for any updates in lfs, would really love to check every single new realese.

p.s. Can i pay for visit you @scaven and do some laps on devrelease ? Smile))
Thank you for your endless efforts for this great product.

You are way ahead of your time in completing your Simulation. Long before Kickstarter and Early Access you thought ahead.

At the same time, other developers have just released three to four unfinished products. Hats off and respect for you.

Now I could not resist either and also unlocked S3. At first it tasted like the last cookie in the box. But now reading these words has turned me into a cookie monster.

Mr.Bailey, Great track! Na-na

https://youtu.be/OqL7jyrXhLs
Quote from Sobis :I miss the Norwegian guy, haven't seen him in a while :/...

afaik you will find his name in the credits of Wreckfest Wink

but yes, he left this forum 2 years ago.
Quote from ACCAkut :afaik you will find his name in the credits of Wreckfest Wink

but yes, he left this forum 2 years ago.

Waitwaitwait... The Very End is a dev on Wreckfest? o:
Nice to read updates from the gods.

I need to save some pounds now...
Quote from BlackEye :Waitwaitwait... The Very End is a dev on Wreckfest? o:

no dev I think, but some sort of extended beta tester. He was posting about it on facebook before the game entered Early Access
Fitting for that old wrecker. Big grin
#74 - DMD
Quote from Scawen :Hi, thanks for the support in this thread and your patience.

I confirm this is a full time job for Eric and me. There were some quiet years due to life changes but I can tell you we are really on the case now.

In the past year I have made a lot of updates to the graphical systems and there is much better support for different types of specular reflection including the shine on the road. The shaders are completely rewritten and structured better now as over the past few years I have got to grips with shaders (that was first stimulated by the VR support).

The lighting system is now done in a "gamma correct" way, i.e. processed linearly within the graphics system and only converted to sRGB at the output. Gamma correct rendering is an interesting subject if you are interested in that kind of thing and want to read up about it.

The specular reflections don't just appear automatically. Eric must visit each track and do an update to take full advantage of the new shaders. He is working hard updating the existing tracks and the results are very nice.

I've also recently been working on a new shadow system based on cascaded shadow maps.

So you should see a much better looking Live for Speed within a reasonable time frame. I won't speculate on how long it will be but Eric and I still have quite a few things to do, so don't hold your breath!

I bought this game 12 or so years ago now , without the assumption of constant updates (whether they said there was updates coming or not). Thank you for 12 years of fun , I hope to continue another 12 or so years regardless of any update , it's a great game the way it is , and that will NEVER change in my mind. <3
Attached images
lfs_00003189.jpg
Quote from Racon :I've changed my mind on teasers, I think we end up with more negativity in the long run. Positive people don't need teasers in order to be positive, but the negative people just use anything that's not here yet as ammo.

I still think teasers are a great idea, something that shows us that Scavier aren't all words... Maybe not a release date though Big grin

Quote from FreeScirocco :Track updates are pointless if the core doesn't change. (Physics in this case). The release of Westhill 2.0, Blackwood 4.0 (?) and Rockingham showed that.

Maybe not in the long term but Westhill and Rockingham were probably great boost in motivation for Scavier due to a boost in players online etc.

Is LFS just a hobby project for its creators?
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG