The online racing simulator
LFS not loading Blackwood?
(27 posts, started )
Recently I bought LFS S2, and since then, Blackwood has never managed to load correctly, always crashing the game whether trying to join a server, or singleplayer. It works great with other tracks, such as Kyoto Ring, Autocross, Westhill etc. But not once has it loaded Blackwood. Any help?
Try fresh installment newest version and see what happens. Also backup any files you might consider to spare.
#3 - lucaf
What hardware you have, and operating system?
@UnknownMaster21 I don't see how that would help as I just had a fresh install a few days ago. I'll try as a last resort though.

@lucaf

Windows 10 (build 1703)

Intel Celeron N3060 @1.60 GhZ (2.48 GhZ turbo boost, not to mention which may be overheating soon)

Intel HD (integrated) Graphics 400

2GB DDR3L RAM (unknown clock speed, probably 1333 MhZ) with a 2GB page file

Unknown motherboard

32GB NvmE SSD (28.9 GB formatted) with 332 MB free (with everything that I want installed)

Everything is sautered to the motherboard, making it unmodifiable even if it is a hardware issue.

Connections:

ET X11 Optical Gaming Mouse

PS3 Dualshock controller, driven by SCPToolKit (what I'm using to play LFS)

I can't think of anything else to put here, so I'll just leave it at that.
Probably too little ram, slow processor (outdated Celeron) and overclock is bad for pc health..
New BL and new westhill require a better graphics card, little more memory RAM. Due to the detailing.
But with those specs it should run somewhat mediocre but fine...

...unless only if it is indeed Blackwood only, where problem occur, it means it has more details than Westhill, which means, well, look a post above this one.
I had to right click on the lfs icon and lower my resolution way down on my old pc. I think you can even do it in the lfs options menu.
@MicroSpecV

1. I've read that the recommended RAM is 1GB, so that's fine.

2. Turbo Boost is NOT overclocking, it's an integrated performance option that's automatically enabled for Intel CPUs. It will not harm my CPU's health.

3. I get that, but I was able to drive on Blackwood easily before I bought S2. Buying and activating a license does not affect the game's files.

4. On every other tracks I run 60 fps with lowest settings in a full city driving server (with shaders).

I don't think that's the problem.

@UnknownMaster21

Read above.
What makes you think your CPU might be "overheating soon"?
332 MB free disk space is basically nothing, the system needs some empty space to swap temporary data around.
From those two points alone it does not seem like a stable system.
Okay, hmmm...

If nothing else, dust it up completely in case overheat happens, but I think that should be overheating whole thing, not only CPU.

There are several reasons which causes Blackwood unable to use.

I see number 3. AFAIK, Blackwood in Demo mode contains only 3 race track configs and car park. Unlocking Blackwood via at least S1, you can have an access to open configurations, which requires more RAM and processes due heavier weight. Now here is my conclusion:

Your PC is never have been capable to run properly, which means there is something wrong. I doubt told minimum system requirements have been given false info, so there is something malfunctioning, since that system SHOULD run all tracks.
Quote from DemonicVampire58 :
Intel HD (integrated) Graphics 400

Well.. As usual this GPU has no own memory. It is using the system memory. And because you only have 2 Gb of RAM it exhausts pretty fast with high texture resolution like the Blackwood track has. As a result the system needs to use the 2 Gb pageswap file and that exhausts also pretty quick and then the application dies.

Basicly you want to run game(s) on a system which wasn't designed to run games.
I see Dave is very helpful these days - listen to him,he knows stuff about computers.
Quote from Eclipsed :I see Dave is very helpful these days - listen to him,he knows stuff about computers.

Shhh
2GB RAM is already too little amount for the OS. You may want to downgrade your LFS version to get back lightweight Blackwood 2016? DDR3 RAM costs nothing...why you suffer with 2GB? Buy another 2GB
Quote from DemonicVampire58 :@MicroSpecV

1. I've read that the recommended RAM is 1GB, so that's fine.

2. Turbo Boost is NOT overclocking, it's an integrated performance option that's automatically enabled for Intel CPUs. It will not harm my CPU's health.

3. I get that, but I was able to drive on Blackwood easily before I bought S2. Buying and activating a license does not affect the game's files.

4. On every other tracks I run 60 fps with lowest settings in a full city driving server (with shaders).

I don't think that's the problem.

Now, not that I'm being stuck up or anything, but if you've come here to look for validation that you're right (i.e you want us to blow smoke up your [word], well, you've come to the wrong place.

The guys here have come to a similar conclusion that your OS is not the best to run LFS. That's the truth.

To point 1 : Yes. Optimal ram is 1GB. But that, like all things recommended, takes it as if every other component besides the RAM is ideal to run LFS. Yours isn't. Like someone mentioned, Intel HD is pretty crap too. So I'm not saying as if 2GB isn't enough, but more to the point, is it enough when put together with the rest of the PC?

point 2 : Right, I got it wrong, Turbo boost isn't overclocking. But isn't running it putting your HDD at risk? A laptop should never run at it's TjMax or max capacity just to run an application. Turn it off.

point 3 : Blackwood new and Blackwood Old has significant differences in terns of how it relies more heavily on the memory/GPU and cpu. How do I know this? Because my PC (laptop) isn't great either. Pentinum core in a 2010 spec windows 7. There is a FPS difference and rendering issues as well as a higher dependance on Cpu, especially.
Don't fault that.

point 4 : Like I said. refer to point 3 rebuttal.

I'm saying this off what I've experienced, as well as others during the transition from the old BL to new BL. I was lucky to test the beta as well, and that was much laggier and cpu heavy. Thank god some stuff were refined pre-release.

Have my points come accross better now? Your PC isn't that optimised to run LFS.

Or are you going to keep denying and affirm that your specs is perfect, in your mind?
I dislike people who simply reply with statements that aren't verified just because they wish to be the one in the right and receive positive validation that "Oh, I'm right. Ha."
Not that I'm hard up or something. Just saying. 2GB isn't amazing.

Cheers
No need to feel offended. I think he didn't realized low end GPU chips do not have their own video memory. So yes 1 Gb of free memory sounds like OK but he missed out on the 3D graphics card with 0.5 Gb of memory. He doesn't have this. Windows 10 eats away a big portion of the system memory itself, I do not know how much because it starts to use more memory when there is more memory available (it uses more memory for system caching if there is more memory available) and it also depends on other applications running at the same time of course.

If you really want to use this system to the max, you have to switch to Linux which has much better memory management. It doesnt have that immensely big footprint like Windows [random number] has.
Quote from MicroSpecV :But isn't running it putting your HDD at risk? A laptop should never run at it's TjMax or max capacity just to run an application. Turn it off.

He has a SSD on a chip (NvME), they can withstand some warmth.

Besides, these Celeron processors use 6 Watts as max. Some Christmas light bulbs use more energy.
Quote from lucaf :why you suffer with 2GB? Buy another 2GB

He said that everything is soldered on the board. Which makes me think it's a Netbook or tablet-like device. Something small.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I doubt told minimum system requirements have been given false info

Mee too. Maybe they aren't updated for Win10 platform?

btw:

Quote from system_requirements :Minimal system :
1 Ghz CPU, 3D accelerated video card, 128Mb system memory, 400Mb free HD space.

I don't know where you exactly read this but here are different requirements / recommendations.

Quote :Minimum computer requirements
2 GHz CPU, 256 MB memory, DirectX 9 capable 3D graphics card.

Also debatable in my opinion. 256 Mb memory, this gives a false impression to people in situations like this one (shared video memory systems).
Maybe a corrupted file?
Having a particular problem on a specific place doesn't seem right
And i don't think your system is bottlenecking.
Even a slow system just loads track just with less fps
Nah.. LFS uses 0.5 Gb system memory when Blackwood is loaded AND 0.5 Gb video memory (thanks GPU-Z). Together it's 1 Gb, only to run LFS. Nowhere near the "minimum requirement" of 256 Mb. With only 2 Gb of RAM on a W10 system it easily runs out of memory / starts swapping.
Quote from DemonicVampire58 :Recently I bought LFS S2, and since then, Blackwood has never managed to load correctly

So it's not memory Wink
He doesnt tell did he play LFS in a year before buying S2. IMO running modern windows with 2GB ram is insanity, just leave that laptop for email usage and buy a real computer Big grin
Also lfsword tells that he had made a strong 1:19 with XRG on BL1, god knows what add-ins he is running
My server-sitter runs on a Pentium Dual E2180 @ 2GHz with 4gb of DDR2 and a 9800GTX GPU running Win7 64bit - still gets 100fps at best, but drops to 20ish when the server is full and everyone is fighting for T1 Big grin

Anyway - back on topic - DemonicVampire stated that Westhill runs okay, and as far as large maps go, that one's the killer. I think it's more likely a corrupt .wld file or something along those lines, or, he has tried to keep some files from an older version of LFS which are incompatible with the latest version of Blackwood...
Quote from MicroSpecV :point 2 : Right, I got it wrong, Turbo boost isn't overclocking. But isn't running it putting your HDD at risk? A laptop should never run at it's TjMax or max capacity just to run an application. Turn it off

wat

How would factory *CPU* technology affect a HDDs health?

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG