The online racing simulator
RWDs to go with UFR and XFR
(100 posts, started )

Poll : Should RWD cars be added to the UFR & XFR class

Yes
Don't care
No
I'd much rather see a FZ with rollcage and slicks, which would be much closer to XFR/UFR anyway.
#52 - Tomi
+1 The LX4 and 6 are a blast to drive with the slickmod

+1 for the RWD counterpart for the UFR. I love the UFR and how it handle, but I would like an RWD sister to play with. I always thought a Simca 1000 Rallye II (or III) clone (or any other little mid engineered beast of the same type : NSU TT, Hillman Imp...) would be the ideal sister of the UFR

http://www.objectifvideo.com/php/video.php?id=1960

http://objectifvideo.ph5.free. ... -st-pierre/photo/ov23.jpg

http://objectifvideo.ph5.free. ... l-st-pierre/photo/ov5.jpg
only prob with giving the lx's slicks, is they then wouldn't be driven on road tyres
Until rain and wet tracks are simulated and we're forced to use wet tires.
Quote from Blowtus :How would you balance them? Over a long race distance or short? The fwd's destroy tyres in a hurry. The class isn't balanced as is anyway, it's not like you get very good multi car action happening.

UFR/XFR class isn't balanced? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. In one of the leagues that are running now (LFS-GT, one race left) we've had plenty of races where UFR and XFR ran almost identical times in race. Sure XFR world record was maybe a tad faster, but that didn't matter in race. Balancing the car classes takes time anyways.

By the way they don't destroy tyres in a hurry and we have lots of good multi car action

+1 for an RWD in this class. Why not?
Quote from Jamexing :I say forget it, cause they'll make it significantly inferior (AKA massively slower) to the FWD cars anyway. Ah, the invincible FXO syndrome. At more than 1 second faster than RB4 and 0.5 seconds FASTER than the XR GTT on BL, it's a joke.

Jamexing, what's that you're saying? The FXO is overpowered and the RB4 needs better tyres? Unprecedented news. Perhaps you could fill us all in at great length?
It isn't really the FXO that's too powerful and I apologize if you misunderstood me. It is just the fact that FXO makes a complete joke out of the other 2 cars. To confirm what I said, just check all current WRs and you'll see that I'm no lier. Unfortunately, it's hard to squeeze all I need to say into this post without repeating my old "Severe 4WD defeciency in LFS" post, so I suggest you read it. Sorry if it's a bit long, but it does fill you in on most if not all of the details.
Apologies for trying to be subtle, Jamexing. (What is that really, James I guess?) I have indeed read your earlier post, and numerous others. I was taking the p*ss mate, but it's meant nicely, honest.
Quote from Woz :Why. You do realise we do not have a single RWD car that has slicks but no downforce. Also the two UFR and XFR are in class of own without a RWD car.

I mean for the 500horse class, dummy
I think a Fiat500/VW Beetle for the UF1 class, and a GTR version to compete with the XFR and UFR would be really cool.
Quote from Jamexing :It is just the fact that FXO makes a complete joke out of the other 2 cars.

Mainly because it uses a locked diff (regardless of the arguements that it could be possible it isn't done IRL in any FWD production car) + the larger tires.
There should be more 4wd and rwd cars fullstop More 4wd than rwd though we only have two
Just add an Lancer Evolution like car and license sales are guaranteed to soar.
I'm not sure if a rwd could be effectively integrated into that class (maybe a bugeyed sprite type racer), but I'd love to see a class of rwd/awd racers (slick tyres) + No downforce. A little faster than the road cars but with some of the darty-lightness that makes the lx cars so nice.
Quote from Breizh :I mean for the 500horse class, dummy
I think a Fiat500/VW Beetle for the UF1 class, and a GTR version to compete with the XFR and UFR would be really cool.

everyone here is talking about adding a rwd car to the ufr/xfr class... yet he is a dummy?
you too.. read ajp79's post.
Guy's, I just had a startling moment of clearity. The perfect contender for the non-downforce slicks class is:

AE86 Trueno with 4AGE (Formula Atlantic 240hp, 11,000rpm type ) engine, with slicks and no significant downforce. (From initial D )

At around 1000kg (in street trim!), it is very close to the FWD cars of this class. All it needs is a roll cage and all the usual race prep (lightening (stripped interiors), bracing, etc) to get it to race weight.

Besides, if LFS is to reach its full potential, it must expand and attract new licencees. Imagine how many sim driving AE8 fans we could attract with this.
you do a good job of filling threads with irrelevant and previously discussed stuff mate
I'm sure everyone has their pet cars they'd like to see in the game...
I'm just suggesting a candidate for a RWD contender for the low donforce slick class. If that is not relevant to our topic, I don't know what is. BTW, the AE86 isn't my pet car.

I'm sick and tired of people bullshitting me just because I voice my genuine opinions and ideas that could make LFS better. If suggesting a model car for our UFR/XFR competitor is irrelevant, I'll unregister myself form this forum ASAP. Now, how do I get rid of my S2 license...

With this attitude, no wonder the LFs community is still so small.
Quote from Jamexing :Guy's, I just had a startling moment of clearity. The perfect contender for the non-downforce slicks class is:

AE86 Trueno with 4AGE (Formula Atlantic 240hp, 11,000rpm type ) engine, with slicks and no significant downforce. (From initial D )

The forum will crash when drifters start
a) thanking the devs for this car
b) posting thousands of screenshots and movies of their hachiroku
c) demanding other tyres than slicks for it
d) deamanding more wheel lock so they can D0r1ft0 better
e) demanding som touuuuugeeee...
Quote from Jamexing :
Besides, if LFS is to reach its full potential, it must expand and attract nw licencees. Imagine how many sim driving AE8 fans we could attract with this.

Besides, I think theres number of other cars that'll do the same. Theres also numbers of better cars to compete with XFR/UFR.

I'm not saying this particular car shouldn't be in LFS, I'm just saying it shouldn't be in this class, and it shouldn't be driven with slicks.
Quote :AE86 Trueno with 4AGE (Formula Atlantic 240hp, 11,000rpm type ) engine,

So this is the new Evo? I struggle to beleive that this is a Formula Atlantic engined road car, as putting any single seater engine in a road car isn't a terribly practical proposition, I don't know where to start.
I'm just suggesting that a RACE PREPPED version(not street or drift car!) be used. And if the drifters want to drift, it's their perogative. Since LFS is a car sim and cars could actually be driven that way IRL, why not just let them? Slick, or no slick, drifters will alway drift whatever cars they could drift anyway. The biggest LFS fans are still the genuine speed oriented guys like me. To me, drifting or gripping are both acceptable as long as they make me faster for whichever particular sections of a track.

I'm not pro D1, but neither am I a hardcore hostile like a lot if not most of you here. Remember, LFS is a car simulator after all, unless I've been fooled by misleading advertising (then I really want to sell my license). Whatever could be reasonbly done IRL with a car, it MUST be doable in LFS as well. BTW, I don't agree with extreme steering lock changes.

Are so many guys hardcore hostiles to any track that resembles a mountain pass? If so, then you really should spend more time driving mountain passes IRL and see what you're missing out.

I bet the only reason for this anti AE86 sentiment is the fact that it happens to be drifted a lot IRL. It's also used as a real racecar as well, so what's wrong with it?
#73 - Tomi
Jamexing, your posts seem to always suggest that your ideas are always the best and most original ever, and that any objectors or people who do not see it the same way as you do are simply wrong.

I like the AE86, obviously we could never have that in the game, unless Toyota want to do a deal with the devs. For all intents and purposes, though, a NA racing version of the XRGT could be basically the same in almost every way, and that wouldn't be a bad addition to the UFR/XFR class. (See one of my earlier posts for why I don't care about adding a car to this class though).

Anyway, I'm not pro-your AE86 idea. Is that because I'm anti-drifter, and hardcore hostile?
I'm also not a fan of the devs spending a lot of time on a "mountain pass" stage. Because I don't drive them enough IRL? Nope. Because stages get tired much faster than circuits when the only thing you can do on them is drive up or down them on your own. Circuits have a long life, so does LFS, because we can race each other door to door. If we get stages, hill-climbs, whatever, then I want some form of editor for them (giving an infinite number), so we don't just have a single stage with a limited lifespan as an online hotlapping challenge before people get bored of driving on their lonesome and return to the circuits to race people properly.
I'm not saying we just copy the car and its name and face copyright. I'm suggesting the use of it as a MODEL CAR. BTW, the XR GTT is practically a Mitsubishi Starion carbon copy, though since LFS uses no brand names, we don't have to worry about Mitsubishi knocking at our beloved developers' doors for copyright infringement.

I'm just trying to argue a point as logically and strongly as practically possible. I have no real intentions to offend anyone, but there is just too much negative sentiment to certain things in this forum. However, I do apologize for any misunderstandings. I simply like to have us LFS racers keep more open minds and not resort to baseless opinion only. As to my longer than average posts, I'm not our classic attention seeker. I'm just trying to be thorough.

BTW, circuits aren't necessarily overtaking haven either (Monte Caro, anyone?). As for mountain passes, they are terribly underrated. I find it hard to believe that you'll ACTUALLY get sick of tarmac rallying! And I thought you were a true moorsport nut like me. As for overtaking, it is possible, though it sometimes requires some unconventional techniques that hardcore circuit guys cringe at. IRL, mountain passes are more dangerous than any circuit, and they present a unique challenge. For instance, one could design some overtaking sections into the course that could reasonbly exist IRL passes, but need real mastery of driving technique and the course to pull off safely and consistantly. So much for the Hotlap then get bored argument. IRL, it could take months if not years of experience to fully master a mountain pass, given adequate driving skills.

RWDs to go with UFR and XFR
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG