RWDs to go with UFR and XFR
(100 posts, started )

Poll : Should RWD cars be added to the UFR & XFR class

Yes
Don't care
No
#1 - Woz
At the moment we have no RWD cars that run on slicks that have no downforce. This leave the UFR & XFR in a group of just FWD cars.

Do you want to see some RWD cars added to this class to make this class popular?
How would you balance them? Over a long race distance or short? The fwd's destroy tyres in a hurry. The class isn't balanced as is anyway, it's not like you get very good multi car action happening.

A non-df, slicked rwd or two would be nice, but so would many new cars... I voted 'don't care'.
Personally I think we do need a GT2 type class to run with those cars. Even through those two are FWD cars, they still are our "GT2" class if you wanted to run the faster GTR cars along with them. But yeah, there really should be one or two other cars that are RWD that can match up with the FWD ones. Would be great for mixed class racing.

RA GTR, and heck maybe even a LX GTR car that is superlight and has the same powerrange could easily match up with the bunch. I am itching to have one of those cars at least

But if you think about all of this, the big GTR cars aren't even all that powerful compared to true GT1 class I think. Maybe a bit less powerful. And you really don't see FWD cars racing them in any sub classes. The FWD class is kind of all on their own. IF we were to have some RWD cars with similar power range, I don't think they would be well balanced, they would be in a GT2 class like I speak of.
I say forget it, cause they'll make it significantly inferior (AKA massively slower) to the FWD cars anyway. Ah, the invincible FXO syndrome. At more than 1 second faster than RB4 and 0.5 seconds FASTER than the XR GTT on BL, it's a joke.

But I do agree that LFS is currently too FWD biased and could use a well tuned Porsche 944 lookalike.
I still wonder why the FXO is a FWD anyway. I can't think of its real-life equivalent...the other road cars seem based on RL machines but the FXO sort of sticks out a bit. It's not a huge deal and I like driving it, but since S1 I've never liked that it smokes the XRT. Just doesn't ring true, dagnabit!
Quote from Hankstar :I still wonder why the FXO is a FWD anyway. I can't think of its real-life equivalent...the other road cars seem based on RL machines but the FXO sort of sticks out a bit.

It looks a bit like a Vauxhall / Opel Vectra.
The FXO is basically a 240+hp Toyota Camry with massive 255 size tires (no wonder its outcorners RB4 and XR GTT).

This class really needs an RWD contender, but even if it does happen the developers would most likely nerf it to hopelessness anyway in an effort to compensate for the inherent dynamic superiority of RWD. So unless there is any chance that this won't happen (historically this hasn't been the case), I simply can't vote with confidence.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It looks a bit like a Vauxhall / Opel Vectra.

Not like that one it doesn't But I get what you mean.
Never heard of a Camry/Vectra that could outstrip a turbo Starion/RX7. Meh, no biggie

I'm not sure if a RWD competitor for the UFR/XFR will ever happen...not even sure if I think it's a good idea tbh. It's a fun class atm and I've had some great fun with these cars, even if the XFR does have a slight edge over the UFR. I think I'd prefer to see something new like a souped-up RB4 rally car (and maybe a competitor or two)...
Quote from Hankstar :Not like that one it doesn't
But I get what you mean

Oh come on it does! Anyway the guy who lives next door to me's got one that looks very FXO-like, and he drives like a noob too. His is the SRi and I think it's got a 2L flat four in it, like the FXO.
Quote from Blowtus :The fwd's destroy tyres in a hurry.

I gave them another go the other day (first time with patch U) and found the tyres don't even overheat at all for me (so long as I drive smooth). Not like with older tyre physics where they just melted as soon as you pulled away.
sure i'd like a rwd car of around the same performance as the ufr/xfr...
yeah actually you're right that they're much nicer on tyres since the patch Bob. Probably not such a big deal now.

Hank, the fxo seems more like an integra type r to me. A mates integra-r was lapping a local track about a second faster than me in my rx7 turbo. It *is* a 15 year newer design
#13 - JJ72
yes I really like a rear wheel drive non downforce car with slicks. (but not another XR!!!)

Imagine the FF being quicker heating up it's tires, so faster on hot laps and the opening laps, however the FR being more natually balanced and less heavy on tire wear, it'll be a good battle.
No surprise. You forgot to specify other variables such as driver skill, tires, suspension tune, engine power, weight, etc.

Seriously, given that driver skill was similiar and that both cars had similiar power, weight, suspension performance and tires, the RWD is always faster, given that none of them are seriously overpowered or underpowered. All else equal, RWD wins hands down. Maybe that friend of yours just spent some major $$ on a Koni coilover kit?

Anyway, the RX7 isn't that fast or powerful vs the newer cars anyway whilst in stock form. A well driven and tuned new Type R can easily beat any stock RX-7 (again assuming both drivers are highly skilled).

Well, at least until the front tires die.
nowhere did I state that the example I used was a perfectly constructed demonstration of fwd vs rwd... just a point I thought was interesting, given Hankstar's lack of imagination on the 'fwd being anything but a camry' front I wasn't suggesting my late 80's rx7 is the pinnacle of rwd sportscar technology hahahahah.
Firstly, I didn't mention the Camry to begin with (I can't spare the energy to think about such a non-performer). Next, don't confuse my lack of interest in FWD cars for a lack of imagination
To get the XRT as a competitive Group N style rival to the XFR/UFR all that would be needed would be slicks, (a cosmetic) addition of a rollcage, and maybe a slight weight loss/power gain to balance.
I voted dont care, because although it is good to have multiple cars in the same class for more varied racing the devs have already proved an inability to balance them, and an unbalanced class just means people only drive the dominant car, so we wouldn't be getting a new car at all. If we're not getting a new car, then i'd rather they worked on something else with the time instead.
I picked "don't care" for the same reasons as above.
How is FXO relevant on this topic, leave it out, it's about XFR/UFR and the comepetitor. RWD to that class gets my vote, no doubt about it, it could be fun car- low nonadjustable downforce, some power, slicks and RWD.

Other thing, why there is an option for "I don't care"? Why in hell anyone would need to know if you do not care, if you don't care it means you don't have an opinnion and that means the post doesn't give a dam thing, useless spam so don't do it or even give the option to post I don't care. Or if there is an option to "I don't care", why you still have to post about it if you really don't care. This, like many other things are matter of no and yes, it's simple.

edit. FXO I mean, silly letters
Your the first to mention the FOX *scratches head*.
I dont know proved useful for my answer, because I would say yes but for the reasons given.
I dont know allows me to see the results without extra clicks,.
Personally i think the astra is closer to the fxo.
It would be good to have a no down force car but as mentioned the cars are hard to balance and i would prefer a whole new cars, so another dont care vote here.

(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG