The online racing simulator
All working, just need to get rain free time to go to trailer...
Quote :I can't really work on InSim improvements right now as I really need to get some shader updates finished that I am already in the middle of doing.

Understandable, thanks for clearing this up! I will send you an email once my melting pot of notes is filtered/decipherable.
Ridiculous Off Topic Idea:

If other players can have CITY driving in LFS, how about "CarBall", "AutoBall", "SocCar"? Something like Soccer/FootBall or Hockey. Obviously this would not be done any time soon, as it would be way off track. I just thought it might be fun to divide the players up in my trailer in to a red and blue team.

How hard would it be to add a large Spherical car sized object that bounces, but never resets its location?

Then add 2 small finish line like objects for goals.

When the ball crosses Red Line, it gives Red Team X points, and if it crosses Blue Line it gives blue team X points. Then the ball would reset in its start location.

The rest of the arena would be made with the walls in the autocross editor.

Drift setups would rule the arena.

More complicated but it could swap sides after X minutes, or even have more than 2 teams, or more than 2 balls (cuz it takes 2 to race). No idea how crashing or car resets would be handled... guess that would be up to the server/in sim programmer Wink
I remember some people did used to play the "Ball games" in LFS - they used UF1 as a ball and some heavy cars (RB4) as players. There were some layouts floating around forum as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kXlWD2PyY

The pointing system may be made by an Insim but I'm not sure, because I know nothing about how it operates.
I played one of those once, much fun!
That is hilariously awesome.

Still raining.........
Pending the rain holding off long enough, I will be doing an 8 hour event tomorrow. 28th, 12 to 8pm EST. With 8 hours it is bound to go through the black screen routine, will let you know what it does.

6r7 is currently installed.
OK, good luck with that. Seems you have worse weather there than we have in England!

If a black screen event occurs, please save / rename some of the log files before restarting LFS the next time. Hopefully you won't need to restart LFS at that point but anyway I'd like to see the logs.

Also if you do see a short lived black screen event, a yellow message is displayed on the screen after the recovery. If you aren't quite sure what you saw, you can press H and see the yellow message in the message history. More detailed info about the recovery process is in the log files.

It is fine to rename or move the log files while LFS is still running - it doesn't leave them open.
Maybe I can just have my startup .bat file rename the files...

Don't think I can have it automagically ++1 the file name/numbers though. Or at least I don't know how to do that with .bat
Well maybe you can just rename them once after the first black screen event. I should only need to see one set of the log files. Or even just one log file will probably do, unless each instance does a different thing!
Current weather at the location of the event, which is a 2.5 hour drive away (and back), has the hours before the event and after the event with 0% rain. During the hours of the event, it is 50%... and it is currently snowing in near by areas, and a large blob of snow is heading toward my home, and I do no want to drive trailer in snow...

I may be calling this one off as well.
Too far of a drive to have no one show up at their event, due to cold temps and rain.

I guess it is time to pull it all out of the trailer and bring it in the house.
Move to California or Florida? Wink
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Current weather at the location of the event, which is a 2.5 hour drive away (and back), has the hours before the event and after the event with 0% rain. During the hours of the event, it is 50%... and it is currently snowing in near by areas, and a large blob of snow is heading toward my home, and I do no want to drive trailer in snow...

I may be calling this one off as well.
Too far of a drive to have no one show up at their event, due to cold temps and rain.

I guess it is time to pull it all out of the trailer and bring it in the house.

So annoying Frown. Personally I do not have against any weather, as long as it does not make any harms. In other words, I do like rain ( even at work ), but disliking the chance of getting legs wet.
Last event before I pull it all indoors, is on the 5th.
This will be a birthday party, that reserved a month ago.
I have been watching the weather, and the last few days it has gone from cloudy, to light rain, to rain showers... it has now just upgraded to thunderstorms. The rest of the days around it are light rain, so even bringing it all in the house is gong to suck.

However once it is in the house, I will be able to set it up and just let it run until it does the black screen routine, even if it takes 24 hours... thus catching the error in the log once and for all.

I better start making room in the basement, since there is hardly room to walk let alone put 8 race simulators.
Big garage would be more practical, maybe something for the future? I can see one on your earlier photos but I think its too small. What the neighbor has, across the road, that size you need Tongue
For me to get a garage I would first have to move into a place that I can build one. Living in a duplex-condo-complex type of thing... to many rules, and the garage the units have are not much taller then myself.

I have been trying to get my foot in the door for an indoor setup location, at least just for the winter months. I can setup the simulators in a flipping hallway if I have too. However this place is too busy upgrading, and charges too much... which is why I went with the trailer.

I only need 30to40 foot of floor space, 6 foot deep. Could use office walls to block it off.
I wont stop doing the events with the trailer, but I am still pondering ways to do an indoor setup.
I only need a small space for the simulators.

And if it actually makes cash, I could secure/decorate it like it was a pit garage.

Good luck!
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by cargame.nl : it was a test
Just did a private rental event today. All went well, even though it rained lol. I had the rear of trailer inside their garage so the rain and thunder did no harm.

There was no black screen during this event, so nothing logged.

After the event, I decided to make a video of the system starting up. To show that it is remembering the monitors, wheels, audio etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrOkP_JZ8kI
Nice to see it starting up and connecting so cleanly and easily! Smile
Funny that you explain how to shift up or down and which pedal needs to be used for braking.

Cool to see everything boot up so quickly, will save you a lot of time. Crackers will also be very delighted with this new /mp function I presume but that is a discussion which should not be in this topic.
The silly sign I posted on the wall for each seat, is needed...
But I need a new one, because no one looks at it.

So far at least 3/4 of the people that have raced in my trailer have no idea what the shifter paddles are for. Even those that drove to the event. Shifter Paddles are not in many (affordable) cars here, and it is not taught in drivers ed.

I have had adults, that very likely drove to the event, ask which pedals are gas and brake. And even after I told them, they still pressed wrong one.

And as I type this I am realizing that some kids may hear me say Paddles and Pedals... and they may sound the same to them with headphones on. "Press the pdls" lol

Last night was a 13~14 year old's birthday party, his 9~10 year old brother that sat on towels to see OVER the wheel, kicked everyone's butt, with a consistent 1:16 on Blackwood in the default FXR. He would have been faster if he wasn't constantly on the brake and gas in corners, and smoothed them out a bit.
If you feel that a particular race is golden, don't hesitate to save the mpr and share it. I'd gladly see some action!
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :
I have had adults, that very likely drove to the event, ask which pedals are gas and brake. And even after I told them, they still pressed wrong one.

Interesting social research project. I think you need a mod like this. If you say the big one is for braking, they will remember it more easy (I guess).
Attached images
8717496871039_1200609.png

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG