The online racing simulator
VTEC Racing League | Endurance Races
(64 posts, started )
Im in! Big grin
My quick feedback from what I've seen today:

- 5 min long qualification.. well, okay. But do not end it when people are still in hotlap. You should know that when timer hits 0, it does not mean that qualification is over.
- started race right after you decided to end qualification. You should give people time to adjust their setups. Give at least 5 minute long break
- try to make events more entertaining. Long events are usually boring for majority of drivers, as most action happens in first lap. Shorten race lenght to ~20-30 minutes and your events will be more populated.
- wind? nice feature, but not something that people want to see

Ofc you can do anything you want, it's your server, so it's up to you.

Good luck next time.
Incomplete race again... Results soon.
Yeah, when qualification time ends, you need to wait still for the time one lap takes to drive, that you will sure everybody has done his last lap Smile

After qualification has ended, usually racers are expecting some written info about the race start and rules
For example:

-race will start in XX min (XX could be from 3 to 5 min so ppl can prepare their race setup and go to pee)
-mandatory pitstop yes/no
-midrace joining yes/no
-ask if anybody has questions

could be also nice to have additional warning when it is 1 min to race start

How to do it?

You can configure hotkeys for the commands
/rcm_all :send the RCM to all
/rcc_all :clear all RCMs

and then you could use /rcm MESSAGE command to display info between quali and race, for example

/rcm RACE WILL START IN 5 MIN, PLEASE SPECTATE FOR SHORT BRIEFING ABOUT RULES
/rcm_all
(after 5-10sec clear it with /rcc_all and tell shortly the rules)

then you tell what racers want/need to know about the race

then before 1 min

/rcm RACE WILL START IN 1 MIN, PLEASE JOIN TRACK
/rcm_all
(after 5-10sec clear it with /rcc_all)
I was intended to drive the race until Im last on the track, but Huskii was even more intened to pass me with any cost Big grin
Quote from lucaf :I was intended to drive the race until Im last on the track, but Huskii was even more intened to pass me with any cost Big grin

I have no idea what happened, one minute theres a bright pink car next to me, the next I'm like "Oooo a wall!" HOW DO I LOSE SIGHT OF A BRIGHT PINK CAR THO?!
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Still a learning process for me. Lots was happening at once, with lots of people. I've added a 5 min qualification to all the future events starting 30 minutes before the race start.
Quote from TechEdison :Still a learning process for me.

One of the best ways to learn is join other events and experience how it's done.
Quote from Eclipsed :One of the best ways to learn is join other events and experience how it's done.

+1
Next races on Friday & Saturday.

I will be excited to put into practice the suggestions I've gotten.

Show up 30 minutes early for race qualification!
S2 race today:

1:30PM EST for qualification, 2:00PM EST for race start (firm timing)

75 laps, BL2, LX6/FZ5 (6cyl cars)
Sorry for the cancellation with no notification.

I will run the event at 7:00PM eastern standard time if anyone is still interested.
Next race today at 2pm EST/1:30pm EST qual

Fern Bay Rallycross

4cyl: XFG, XRG, LX4

VTEC Racing League | Endurance Races
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG