The online racing simulator
VTEC Racing League | Endurance Races
(64 posts, started )
Quote from TechEdison :Whoops. That was an issue on my part. I posted it late at night and wasn't thinking straight Tongue

Smile
Quote from TechEdison :Both.

Did you have fun? I see you didn't so any proper racing, so in that way it wasn't a success...
Quote from k_badam :Did you have fun? I see you didn't so any proper racing, so in that way it wasn't a success...

What do you mean we didn't do any proper racing?
Quote from TechEdison :What do you mean we didn't do any proper racing?

Excluding the first 5-10 laps which are close in any race you were all spread out...
Quote from k_badam :you were all spread out...

I was watching Huski's delta in AONIO almost as much as I was watching the road, trying to eek out enough distance to pit without killing off the suspension any quicker - you don't need to be next to someone to be racing them.
Updated URL.

Dedicated league website soon to come.
I've created a website for the league!

It has a list of open leagues (Non demo league soon to come, with use of S1 and S2 tracks), a schedule for each, rules, and a scoreboard (once I finish it)!

This is 1/2 of what I need to finish before we can have our own subcategory. The last thing is run a couple more races with a lot more people!

http://www.tvrl.ga/
Next DEMO race tomorrow at 7:00PM EST

Signup for this season on the league page!
Why dont you put these in Racing Calendar? You could have more participants
Quote from lucaf :Why dont you put these in Racing Calendar? You could have more participants

It is in there Wink
Yes, I got confused when you wrote "next race tomorrow" for me it wasn't tomorrow, instead the night after...and for me it was displayed on Sunday also in race calendar
Quote from lucaf :Yes, I got confused when you wrote "next race tomorrow" for me it wasn't tomorrow, instead the night after...and for me it was displayed on Sunday also in race calendar

Updated the leagues/seasons/this page to include the "Eastern Standard Time" bit.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks Smile
As tonight was my responsibility to run the event for Tech I would like to apologise to anybody who was thinking of attending, due to Insim errors I couldn't fix (I don't know how insim works) the race was undoable.

I apologise to anyone wanting to attend the event due to this. Hope to see you all in the October season.

(P.S I'm not an event administrator I was just helping out which didn't go... As planned ^~^)
R.I.P September season.

October has good things coming guys. Lots of track and car variety! Make sure to signup for the Demo and the S2 season!
Quote from Huskii :As tonight was my responsibility to run the event for Tech I would like to apologise to anybody who was thinking of attending, due to Insim errors I couldn't fix (I don't know how insim works) the race was undoable.

I apologise to anyone wanting to attend the event due to this. Hope to see you all in the October season.

(P.S I'm not an event administrator I was just helping out which didn't go... As planned ^~^)

Just out of interest, what went wrong with the Insim program?
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Just out of interest, what went wrong with the Insim program?

I am unsure of what caused it inside the insim as the insim and server are not mine, however the effects of said error or bug was serious enough to cancel racing that night.

What had happened from a pratical point of view is when a driver left pits (even before race in a practise session) the insim would give the following

Quote :WARNING: You have used all number of rejoins for this race

I expect this insim was bought in to stop people re-joining after spectating or pitting, however that's just speculation.

My decision to cancel racing that night was purely because only one other driver was in the server at the time (Not including myself) which made the idea of a 75 lapper a little bit redundant due to numbers.

As I said previously I am not an administrator of the event, nor a member of Team VTEC. All I can give in regards is why I took the actions I took and what practically happened with the insim, hopefully TechEdison should give us more information of what backroom went wrong.

With hopes October should be better.
Thanks
Huski
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Just out of interest, what went wrong with the Insim program?

It was the limit rejoins you made. It was still activated even though a race was not running (probably due to it being ended without anyone crossing the finish line).

I'm just going to add something like !lr_end to it to force it to disable the limiting.

Edit: Huskii, just now read your post. Yes, it's to prevent rejoins when you pit. It is designed to shut off when someone crosses the finish line, which is something I didn't think of when I told you to use /end
Cant remember if you did or didn't. The insim was totally alien to me anyway.
Quote from Huskii :Cant remember if you did or didn't. The insim was totally alien to me anyway.

Yea I never told you about it.

Totally my fault.
Quote from TechEdison :It was the limit rejoins you made. It was still activated even though a race was not running (probably due to it being ended without anyone crossing the finish line).

I'm just going to add something like !lr_end to it to force it to disable the limiting.

Edit: Huskii, just now read your post. Yes, it's to prevent rejoins when you pit. It is designed to shut off when someone crosses the finish line, which is something I didn't think of when I told you to use /end

Okay, all clear, too bad it had to go this way, but you will learn from it, which is a good thing for an race organiser and programmer
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Okay, all clear, too bad it had to go this way, but you will learn from it, which is a good thing for an race organiser and programmer

Just made it reset the race to "off" when I do the !cfglr command.

-----

Info for the next races:

Next S2 race: TOMORROW 2:00PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME, Fern Bay Green 25 laps, GTR cars
Next Demo Race: SATURDAY (2 days) 2:00PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME, Blackwood Historic 75 laps, FBM car
Demo race: 75 laps, BL2, FBM starting in 30 minutes!

VTEC Racing League | Endurance Races
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG