The online racing simulator
[Resolved: No] Am I a cheater?
(55 posts, started )
The lagging at the end can often happen if you were almost out of fuel, which is possible since it was the end of the race.
Seen the replay. It is clearly a speedhack, nothing to do with "laggy" and/or running out of fuel.

And these hacks or so obvious, you must be really stupid to use them.
Edit : After watching actual replay it seemse just like stutter,he is not gaining more speed than he should
I would like to add not many are stupid enough to use cheats when admin are sitting on their rear bumper.
Anyway to other teams admin its up to you but surely cheaters should be banned from all servers.
What worries me the most; 2005 player, splitscreen Youtube video technology, effort, time, everything.. Convincing the forum here, that it was 'lag'. Seriously? This is what the internet is like nowadays? Lying?

Ppff..

230 days, it is the soft approach.
Quote from cargame.nl :What worries me the most; 2005 player, splitscreen Youtube video technology, effort, time, everything.. Convincing the forum here, that it was 'lag'. Seriously? This is what the internet is like nowadays? Lying?

Ppff..

230 days, it is the soft approach.

so if this is a cheat, then this https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90033 will also be?
Cannot play anymore. LFS replay version too old. If you are referring to that other replay there (B2R Storm), he was drafting.

Quote from Razor1373 :And that's why it looks like that, and may look like cheat, but if you will look closely to that jumping car, it will not get any advantage, or higher speed than others. Just will be "jumping", reducing speed between server refreshes, just to jump few meters ahead and gain speed ON next refresh.

And what do you see in this replay? Big advantage. It is also common behavior of this speedhack, it has very different "structure" compared to the example from B2R Storm. Put the onboard right next to each other and you will see (and hear) that it is not the same phenomenon.
i'm referring to thats old bl uphill one. If i remember correctly there was also a change in sound when car start jumping forward.
Sadly i can't watch lfs replays on android phone :/
I never ever used any kind of cheat in racing (quali, sprint, endurance, etc...) LFS servers. (I hope this sentence is enough strait and well defined to not to be ambiguous like in politics).
This is why I was spent nearly all of my free time in the past 3 days after the work to get the mpr back from the filesystem level. Unfortunately I couldn't restore it and this is why the rest of the effort worth the price.
- If you look at the video from my perspective until the end of the scene(0:30-1:57), you can clearly see the throttle and even the steering was not so smooth from the last corner, like in was before (after the long straight until the last corner).
- The average distance was about the same up the hill until the finish line. He used a little bit of brake before the corner (I didn't) and we were on full throttle about the same time.
Who can I ask to judge this?
Do I have to ask Scawen to look at the replay?
I always race fair and try to be clear, this whole thing is just ridiculous.
Not sure what you were trying to accomplish by this lol, well done.
Well, im at work currently, and can't watch it with sound (and it helps), but seems like a well known fuel bug. Will watch it later with sound.
Anyway, don't be mad at the admin. From his perspective it looked much more like actual hack. If i were him, i would have to watch replay few times to not ban you, and i would have my eyes on you later on anyway.

#EDIT
Look an the guages during the time between server refreshes (1s or less during which the car isn't "jumping"), if the car is accelerating smoothly between the "jumps" then it's speed hack. But if the car is decelerating (just like the engine wouldn't run), then it's most likely fuel lag. Now notice that on that replay the RPMs are dropping smoothly most of the time, and jumping up on server refresh. That means that the server "thinks" the engine is not running, while actually it is. That's why i know it's a fuel lag. They are also going uphill, and it makes the car jump even more, that's why it can be easily mistaken with speed hack. So now please don't be so harsh on that guy, my verdict is not guilty Smile
Cheers Anici
From a quick look at replay without any expertise tools or whatever is out there - seems like the same old 0.1% fuel lag. He did not really accelerate away faster then the follower. Also when he parked in the chicane,you can see the revs jumping around as it does with fuel less then 0.1%.
Seems like a modern witch hunt here. I wonder if there are any tools that can diagnose if car in replay is accelerating faster or having more grip than it actually has? Would be pretty handy in questionable situations.
If this is a fuel lag issue I will obviously unban but untill a derv post ban stands. I have seen the fuel issue many times and sent replays to the dervs before with no response but this was so extreme. I just cant see how his terrible last corner and I had his draft he pulls away I will still ban again in the same situation.

Also if I ran with 1% fuel less I would not even make the finish as I only have .7% left when I cross the line.

In FMB the fuel / lag is common but its more engine sound rather than car behaviour.
When using Daniels Lazy tool I noticed that the km/h dial stays 0 km/h all the time in his car, after the drift. Why is this?

edit; The Storm example has this too..
Quote from cargame.nl :When using Daniels Lazy tool I noticed that the km/h dial stays 0 km/h all the time in his car, after the drift. Why is this?

edit; The Storm example has this too..

Might be because fuel went to 0,0% at that moment. I remember that earlier it was possible to see on lfs lazy each drivers fuel left. It was easy to spot fuel bug then. Although my memory might be tricking me, im not sure.
Out of fuel imo. He probably had 4% of fuel which is enough for 4 laps (4,2 laps exactly, but sometimes xrg just burns more). He also didnt gain any distance by "cheating", just lagging.
Looks like fuel to me too, he doesn't gain any unnatural speed, it just jumps instead, something that the fuel glitch does...
So he is in a drift while simon1234 has a smooth corner... Why can't simon1234 catch up?

Does the devs know about this fuel bug? Why is there no acknowledgement? Has it got to do with 'time'?
Obviously cheating.

First thing to pay attention on the replay is not the "jumping" of RPM/speedometer, but the sound. Listen carefully and you will hear the difference between the "normal car" and when the player turn on the hack (which I believe is Rectum).

Second, on the very last turn, the steering wheel keeps moving smoothly, instead the speed/RPM start to jump. It's a clear cheating indication.

Third, the car/Speedo behavior for high ping/lagging players is different.

Fourth, fuel has no relation with it. LFS is not real enough to get engine failures or anything related due low fuel.

And the last point is: why the lag starts only on the last lap, at the very end where the player drifted, and were probably the player behind would get the first place?
Quote from k_badam :Looks like fuel to me too, he doesn't gain any unnatural speed, it just jumps instead, something that the fuel glitch does...

Truthfully fuel/lag was on my mind with the ban.

Granted he did not gain anything but he did not loose anything and his last corner would be better suited to a drift server not a race server.
if it happened in more than one race it would be strange to run out of fuel and lag suddenly at the same time. Was this the only race with him simon. also i have not experienced any burst of speed when i run out fuel

I do find it odd that he managed to keep ended up so far in front of you while his driving was not fast nor tidy. But id say to look at any other replays if possible

The servers are based in france i think so its only a couple of hundred miles difference in distance for both racers
Quote from cargame.nl :So he is in a drift while simon1234 has a smooth corner... Why can't simon1234 catch up?

Does the devs know about this fuel bug? Why is there no acknowledgement? Has it got to do with 'time'?

I had emailed the dev's quite some time ago asking if they could give there opinion on another replay with the same thing but they gave no reply
Quote from bishtop :if it happened in more than one race it would be strange to run out of fuel and lag suddenly at the same time. Was this the only race with him simon. also i have not experienced any burst of speed when i run out fuel

I do find it odd that he managed to keep ended up so far in front of you while his driving was not fast nor tidy. But id say to look at any other replays if possible

1st Race I did check but that was the 1st race on the MRc Servers.
just looking at stats it seems odd as had not drove for about 6-12 months with a handful of races being done then within 115 laps being near to WR. Not something that makes it definitive that someone is cheating but should be included in the bigger picture
It sure would help if the dev's gave an opinion on the subject

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG