The online racing simulator
#1 - lucaf
Looks like speedhack, (they say fuel ends?)
So what is this. I have begin to encounter this situation during this year. Is it a feature/bug of the latest release, or is it a speedhack or what.

I see this now and then on BL1 demo servers, when on last lap after last curve the car ahead of me just accelerates the uphill strange fast and jerky and the gap increases abnormaly much before finish line. I have seen some guys explaining that this happen sometimes just before fuel is ending. Can this be true? I have one replay as example (where I can upload it?)
You can upload it on the forum here.
How about mpr (attach file)

When fuel ends it looks suspicious but car don't go faster
Quote from lucaf :Can this be true?

It can yes. Well known issue that has been around for years, and it looks especially dramatic on BL1 because of the hill. However if gap increases significantly there might be something fishy about it. Can't really say without a replay.
Yello mate! Smile
Yes, it is most possibly ending fuel. it is often happening on last corners of last lap, or when someone is doing one extra lap after the race, and have low fuel. It is caused by missynchronized data between player and server. Server 'thinks' that the player have 0 fuel, while actully he/she have about 0,3% (maybe less). So server is sending info to other players that fuel of, let's say 'driver A', is 0 so also his engine can't be turned on, while he actually have tiny amount of fuel left, and is still able to drive.

I don't know the right amounts but let's say that server is refreshing data once per 0.5s. Let's say last refresh was like now, next in 0.5s. The last sent data was that Driver A have 1% fuel, full throttle, 3rd gear and 120km/h (+ a lot of different data), so other players got that data and their PC is calculating how driver A will accelerate (+ much more stuffs) during the time until next refresh. After 0.5s, PC calculated that Driver A speed will be 123km/h, but the next refresh said his speed is 122.5km/h, because he lifted throttle for a bit during that 0.5s. Now other drivers pc will have to compensate that difference, and they will see lilttle "blip" on that car, which we see all the time because of such small corrections.

And now lets say Driver A have 0.1% fuel, full throttle, 3rd gear and 120km/h. But server sent data to others that Driver A have 0% fuel instead of 0.1%, and now their PCs calculated that after 0.5s driver A speed will be 116km/h because even though he had full throttle, he can't accelerate, because he has no fuel. But again, next data that server got from driver A is that his speed is 123km/h, because he actually had 0.1% fuel, so he was able to accelerate. And now there's 7km/h difference and also difference in driven distance during that 0.5s which generates big "jump" of the Driver A car, on screens of other drivers. And it pretty much looks like speed hack, because car of driver A will be jumping like that every 0.5s (but only if he is on throttle), when the server sends new data.

And that's why it looks like that, and may look like cheat, but if you will look closely to that jumping car, it will not get any advantage, or higher speed than others. Just will be "jumping", reducing speed between server refreshes, just to jump few meters ahead and gain speed ON next refresh. I know i didn't described that good, and it might be hard to understand what i mean, but i can't do it better, also all the numbers i used are only examples, it's probably different in reality.

PS. If you see a car jumping like that AND gaining advantage, havig a lot higher speed than others, or making unrealistic times, and all that not only on last lap, but all the time, you probably see a cheater. Also you might notice that some players can accelerate on much higher revs than the car is able. like they're getting 15k rpms on xfg, and after that they didn't lost power, and can still drive fast, that's cheat too.
#6 - lucaf
I watched replay again, in the "helicopter mode" from sky, in my point of view, the gap also increases surprising much.

Attached sample.mpr
So its the last lap and last uphill to finish line, check black XFG of nickname Anonymous
Attached files
sample.mpr - 983.5 KB - 357 views
that doesn't look like fuel lag Smile
heh strange

after that his car started to jump forward

(and his car (engine) throughout the race has a different sound, maybe its normal beacuse also 2 other cars have different sound (SkodaOctaviaTR and carmario), idk)
Attached images
Schowek01.jpg
#9 - lucaf
So the fuel ended in that situation?
Think not but who can say Smile he didn't cheat before Smile
Quote from lucaf :I watched replay again, in the "helicopter mode" from sky, in my point of view, the gap also increases surprising much.

You did not get that great a corner exit either to be fair. That was probably worth 2 tenths, or at least close to it.
Yes true, I want to believe that is not a cheat, but I am bit confused about this issue in the game. Thanks for comments.
It's not a speed cheat, it's when a car is very low on fuel like 0.01 left in the car so the car does a teleporting back and forwards effect which has been around for years, it happens in this replay aswell right at the end of the race... watch B2R St0rm
Attached files
AS6_race_3L_11R_10F.mpr - 1.7 MB - 338 views
For all who think it's speedhack - why would they use it only on last corner of race? Smile
...Years earlier I also thought they are cheating Big grin
Quote from rc10racer :It's not a speed cheat, it's when a car is very low on fuel like 0.01 left in the car so the car does a teleporting back and forwards effect which has been around for years, it happens in this replay aswell right at the end of the race... watch B2R St0rm

Yes you are right. I checked myself. It just looks suspicious. False alarm. Go home, there is nothing to see. Smile
Quote from rc10racer :It's not a speed cheat, it's when a car is very low on fuel like 0.01 left in the car so the car does a teleporting back and forwards effect which has been around for years, it happens in this replay aswell right at the end of the race... watch B2R St0rm

Haha nice one Smile
seen this many times in Kyoto 500 and 250 qualifying on the oval.
Marus is speedhacking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG