The online racing simulator
Quote from johneysvk :Hi, good effort,
but i noticed that both are missing quite a bit of the sponsorship logos (FO8 - bottom of the sidepods, engine cover, nose - FOX - nose area, headrest, etc...)

Just 2 tips:
1. not sure what software you're using, but if it supports layers and can open PSD, get the master skinnerz templates - much easier to skin a car
2. use this when fitting decals on the car, LFS stretches the skin to wrap around the car model, if you just paste the decals without adjustment they end up stretched ingame - you can see it on the FOX's ANCAP logo
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/64975-The-Stretching-of-Skins

Hi, these were the first two skins I did in lfs ... or at least the first ones that looking at them did not make me want to vomit. I am satisfied for how they were, since I do not waste much time doing skin's. I did them and published with the sole purpose of having a pair of skins of a pilot that I admire and I never found any skin of "their cars".
Using a program called paint.net is free and works with layers, is easy to use and extremely simple compared to photoshop. I also use photoshop, but I'm not very good with it
I can not spend more time on them ... I also published them, so that those who believed that they could improve it do so
I made them with the base of the skin by default without any help, every logo I placed tried it with the CMX viewer until it was the best I could. At that time I did not know the templates with frimeware, and now I do not think to do them again or try to fix them, and they cost me enough headaches, for being a "hard head"
Kind Regards: Gabriel
Mclaren MCL32
This is a 2017 Mclaren MCL32 skin,
i originally wanted to do the whole 2017 grid as a pack, but i found that the body of FOX is quite a bit different than the current F1 cars and i cba to do more Smile

Due to that there are spots where this skin is a bit inaccurate and i also took the artistic liberty of leaving out that horrible white bit on sidepods

anyway, here are the pictures, there are two versions (2 - Vandoorne, 14 - Alonso) in the zip below.
Enjoy!

Attached images
FOX_MCL32-shot1.jpg
FOX_MCL32-shot2.jpg
Attached files
FOX_MCL32.zip - 1.5 MB - 1717 views
Hey johneysvk, can you also make a BF1 MCL32 skin? I really appreciate those FOX skins Big grin
Quote from DrifterPavel :Hey johneysvk, can you also make a BF1 MCL32 skin? I really appreciate those FOX skins Big grin

And why do you want a BF1 version? It's an S2 car so you can't use it.
Here is the replica of the Mclaren MCL32 driven by Alonso.Yea,as a Fernando Alonso fan,I made NO.14 onlyWink.
I wanted to make it as accurate as possible,though the general profile of FOX is so different from the real F1,especially the sidepods and back. I tried hard to keep the arc on the back as smooth as possible, and I even made the Johnnie Walker Logo on the mirrors.The white triangle on the side pod is retained,it makes the sidepods look like a little down wash streamline from side view.
Enjoy!

Attached images
cmx_00000003.jpg
cmx_00000004.jpg
FOX_MCL32ALO.jpg
#McLaren 2015 es.
#McLaren 2015 JB22 es
#update:13.3.18 ..
Attached images
20d.png
FO8_15f1McLaren22.jpg
-
(Aw3som3G4m3rzYT) DELETED by Aw3som3G4m3rzYT
My first time skinning the FO8, so it's probably not that great, but here it is anyway: The Minardi M197, from the 1997 F1 season.

It's been a while since I last made a skin so I'm probably a bit rusty, and considering I was never that good with them to begin with this one probably kinda sucks. But it's okay. In the end, it's the effort that counts.

If anyone wants to use it, it's already uploaded.
Attached images
lfs_00000010.jpg
lfs_00000011.jpg
lfs_00000012.jpg
lfs_00000013.jpg
FO8_MinardiM197.jpg
That looks really great actually! Nice!
Quote from CozmicDragon :My first time skinning the FO8, so it's probably not that great, but here it is anyway: The Minardi M197, from the 1997 F1 season.

It's been a while since I last made a skin so I'm probably a bit rusty, and considering I was never that good with them to begin with this one probably kinda sucks. But it's okay. In the end, it's the effort that counts.

If anyone wants to use it, it's already uploaded.

Was once already made Big grin
Attached images
FO8_97MinardiOnl.jpg
Lol this is dead
:O
Hello, I made the FOX skin of the F1 team Aston Martin 2021. Enjoy the livery!

Big grin

edit: updated skin, final version (improved a little compared to screenshots).
edit: added Stroll #18 version.
Attached images
working2.jpg
working3.jpg
aston.jpg
FOX_AstonMartin.jpg
FOX_AstonMartinST18.jpg
Excellent work on the sponsor logos! Unfortunately that brushed metal effect causes some rough breaks. And the part underneath that red line seems to be black. Oh and the base colour should be a touch closer to blue I think. Tongue But I'm just nit-picking at this point, quality stuff! Thumbs up
Yeah thanks Thumbs up. I know what you mean about the brushed metal, but i like the contrast effect that it makes when doesn't match perfectly, it's like a simulation of a reflection. The part below the pink line I'm not sure if it is black or darker green, so I've made a gradient. The base color is difficult to get perfectly, maybe its a little closer to blue, but I preferred to make it more on the green side. Along the year when i see the car more maybe I can make some updates. Good observations! Smile
Quote from TJbr :Yeah thanks Thumbs up. I know what you mean about the brushed metal, but i like the contrast effect that it makes when doesn't match perfectly, it's like a simulation of a reflection. The part below the pink line I'm not sure if it is black or darker green, so I've made a gradient. The base color is difficult to get perfectly, maybe its a little closer to blue, but I preferred to make it more on the green side. Along the year when i see the car more maybe I can make some updates. Good observations! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwCQle2ZJWM
in 2:04 and 3:00 there is a closer look there and it seems it is indeed black.

Apart from that the skin looks beautiful Thumbs up Excellent work!
Quote from TJbr :Yeah thanks Thumbs up. I know what you mean about the brushed metal, but i like the contrast effect that it makes when doesn't match perfectly, it's like a simulation of a reflection. The part below the pink line I'm not sure if it is black or darker green, so I've made a gradient. The base color is difficult to get perfectly, maybe its a little closer to blue, but I preferred to make it more on the green side. Along the year when i see the car more maybe I can make some updates. Good observations! Smile

I think the part below the pink line is a dark carbon fiber.
Hey that's a incredible skin! , also is that helmet from Valentino???
It Looks Great too!
Quote from Takumi52 :Hey that's a incredible skin! , also is that helmet from Valentino???
It Looks Great too!

Thanks!
Yes, it's a helmet from Valentino that I've made last year. I'll upload it at helmet section, take a look there Thumbs up
Quote from TJbr :Hello, I made the FOX skin of the F1 team Aston Martin 2021. Enjoy the livery!

nice job! the colors are bang on, as somebody else pointed out tho, the bottom bit should be carbon fiber Smile
Ok I updated it with carbon fiber and little improvements. Final version now Smile
Hello, I've made the FOX skin of the Mercedes F1 team, the W12, 2021 car. Enjoy the livery!
Version of Lewis Hamilton #44 and Valtteri Bottas #77.

Big grin

edit: updated skins.
Attached images
Merc1.jpg
Merc2.png
Merc3.jpg
FOX_Mercedes21_LH44.jpg
FOX_Mercedes21_VB77.jpg
This time I've made the FOX skin of the Alpine F1 Team 2021. Enjoy the livery!

Versions of Alonso #14 and Ocon #31.

Big grin
Attached images
alpinef1.jpg
alpinef1_2.jpg
alpinef1_3.jpg
FOX_Alpine21_AL14.jpg
FOX_Alpine21_OC31.jpg
This time I've made the FOX skin of the Alpha Tauri F1 Team 2021. Enjoy the livery!

Versions of Gasly #10 and Tsunoda #22.

Big grin

edit: updated.
Attached images
alphatauri_1.jpg
alphatauri_3.jpg
FOX_AlphaTauri21_10.jpg
FOX_AlphaTauri21_22.jpg
Churning out consitently high-quality skins, great work! Smile

FORMULA Skins (XR & V8)
(1438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG