The online racing simulator
Quote from Skinzinho :I think Scawen can do some changes in cheating system. Actually is not possible do run a modified server without a password (or I don't know how to). So, the only option to have players joining in a tweak server without pass is downloading from external providers. Maybe he can include a way to select with "protections" are enabled or not in a server.

Currenty the /modified=yes make only CPW free, you still can't use tweaks/mods on that server (oos errors)
I reinstalled last night and copied all my mods (10gb dds files) and with CSR revbouncer and lfslazy and it all works without CPW so Idk what was causing it.Just waiting on all my bans now to expire..
Weird, I've just finished playing with LFSLazy and RevBouncer on Finnish Rally Server 2. No CPWs
LFS Lazy is fine here.
I was already banned for this reason for using crack in the game
serves you well, drugs are bad
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by Scawen : spam
I think maybe it was too harsh to switch on cheat protection will the automatic temporary bans enabled. They could cause some inconvenience to users who were 'innocent' as well as those who did want to cheat.

I have now enabled the cheat protection with CPW kick enabled, but with bans switched off.
Well I would have thought it was preferable to make it as much inconvenience as possible for the pathetic people who want to cheat. Nothing ruins a game more than having to play against cheats. If people were getting banned rather than just kicked for non cheat addons then that is a bit harsh but that's the risk you take for using an unsupported addon.
On the subject of cheats and lap times that are clearly impossible, would it not be possible to remove the times from the database? It's very annoying that times that were either done on a tweak server or by some cheat method are displayed.
Quote from JackSun :On the subject of cheats and lap times that are clearly impossible, would it not be possible to remove the times from the database? It's very annoying that times that were either done on a tweak server or by some cheat method are displayed.

The only official lap records are done in hotlapping mode and they are all verified as legitimate and not using any cheats.

Anyone's online PB's may be too fast for many different reasons (e.g. a crazy crash that helped them or drafting). They are free to delete them and we don't think they affect anyone else.
Also on that topic, LFSLazy will tell you if your lap time is disqualified or not (e.g. corner cutting, drafting, e.t.c.).

P.S. Scawen how was my comment considered spam and the one above mine not? They were pretty much the same thing.
Well one was a little joke and the other was a 'meme' as I understand it, which is a big distracting picture with stupid massive writing on it.
Quote from Scawen :The only official lap records are done in hotlapping mode and they are all verified as legitimate and not using any cheats.

Anyone's online PB's may be too fast for many different reasons (e.g. a crazy crash that helped them or drafting). They are free to delete them and we don't think they affect anyone else.

Well I can understand the lap being invalid due to the crash etc... but they should not be displayed as pb time for that driver if they are clearly unacheivable with normal driving.
It does have some repercussions for others in that they can't compare lap times and for some servers it bypasses a limit set on laptime to be allowed to join (although I undertstand that is a not a standard LFS limitation e.g. Airio etc..)

I also do not understand why known cheat drivers do not have their accounts terminated permanently. For example, the self admitting lucasazedo earlier in this thread (who I had already banned from a server for using a speed hack before you added the recent CPW changes). I realise he could just use another account but it might be some deterrent if all the effort he had put into building his reputation/points etc were wiped out.
Quote from taipalsaari :I reinstalled last night and copied all my mods (10gb dds files) and with CSR revbouncer and lfslazy and it all works without CPW so Idk what was causing it.Just waiting on all my bans now to expire..

2 or 1 day ago i see few ppl got cpw ban, i see you banned also.try use original Vob.maybe your mod dont work online anymore.

cheers
-
(Ibtasim6781) DELETED by Ibtasim6781 : Seems elitism doesn't like to explain how things work
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Also, there should be a restriction to make like 2 accounts maximum per IP for example. I have seen and banned people with, no lying, 30 accounts after the "main" one was banned for cheating or crashing. Yes, ik, you can use a VPN and keep on creating accounts, but at least leave a max of 2 accs. Rn you can go and create as many accounts as you wish, AND/OR, only accept valid e-mails (Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) and not let people be able to register with these 10 minute mail.

What if someone got more than 2 licensed accounts?
Why would someone have so many licensed accounts? Like there is no point on that. 1 or 2 are enough, no need to have 100 licensed accounts.

Unless you have a room with 30 computers running LFS (i.e. SimulatorRental), then there is no point of having SO many accounts.-
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Why would someone have so many licensed accounts? Like there is no point on that. 1 or 2 are enough, no need to have 100 licensed accounts.

Unless you have a room with 30 computers running LFS (i.e. SimulatorRental), then there is no point of having SO many accounts.-

Me and my kids play sometimes on private server Smile

BTW trolls are easy to detect just put them on permanent ban
Looking
Quote from RC-Maus :Me and my kids play sometimes on private server Smile

BTW trolls are easy to detect just put them on permanent ban

They are a pain on the back when you can't IP ban them, or if you don't have an anti-multi acc system (matches IP and bans the acc on the moment), or if you are a simple moderator. They come with 30 accs and connect and insta disconnect. Meanwhile you try to even copy the username they disconnect. Not to say its annoying to deal with.
Quote from Scawen :I think maybe it was too harsh to switch on cheat protection will the automatic temporary bans enabled. They could cause some inconvenience to users who were 'innocent' as well as those who did want to cheat.

I have now enabled the cheat protection with CPW kick enabled, but with bans switched off.

For the sake of helping people who are new to the game or who might not know that a certain mod is not allowed, could we get a list of the things that the cheat protection system actually checks for? I'd understand if you didn't want to go into too much detail in case people use the information to circumvent the CPW system but it's hard to be useful as a server admin when people are asking why they've been kicked (or previous banned). Also, a lot of people seem to think that it's us (the server provider), that's issuing the ban, and not the game. Making that clearer would be appreciated.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :They are a pain on the back when you can't IP ban them, or if you don't have an anti-multi acc system (matches IP and bans the acc on the moment), or if you are a simple moderator. They come with 30 accs and connect and insta disconnect. Meanwhile you try to even copy the username they disconnect. Not to say its annoying to deal with.

As has been pointed out many time before, IP bans do not work very well. It's very easy for someone to change their IP address . I'm sure the pathetic immature people who's only goal in life seems to be to create havoc on servers and ruin other peoples fun will have already discovered how to bypass IP bans.

The main use I have seen for using 100's of accounts is for these idiots who want to use cheats and crash/ruin races etc.. they get banned by an admin and then rejoin with another account straight away. We had a few months of this on the AMG servers a while ago, so we had to implement a minimum experience level requirement to be able to join the track.
Although this isn't perfect it does require them to get their other accounts up to the required ex level before they can join this certainly reduces their return rate as they have to spend time driving sensibly on other airio servers before they can join.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :They are a pain on the back when you can't IP ban them, or if you don't have an anti-multi acc system (matches IP and bans the acc on the moment), or if you are a simple moderator. They come with 30 accs and connect and insta disconnect. Meanwhile you try to even copy the username they disconnect. Not to say its annoying to deal with.

I know only some Ahola figur never seen so many demo accounts on 1 guy
Quote from Scawen :Well one was a little joke and the other was a 'meme' as I understand it, which is a big distracting picture with stupid massive writing on it.

Fair enough, was a good meme tho Shrug
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Also, there should be a restriction to make like 2 accounts maximum per IP for example.

Are you talking about IPv4? Do you realize, how many people have the same IP of their ISP, because the Internet exhausted the IPv4 address space several years ago (easily whole street may be under single v4 IP nowadays)?

Or is the IPv6 already used by everyone, and I didn't notice?
-
(Ibtasim6781) DELETED by Ibtasim6781 : Seems elitism doesn't like to explain how things work
You keep making it better... (I have email on my own server with my own domain name, which can be hardly part of "trustable email service providers", as there are only 4 people in the world having email there) Smile

Maybe let Scawen do his work, he's actually quite good, breaking unofficial (and hack-ish) add-ons in common corporate world doesn't even count, yet he's at least listening and adjusting.
Quote from JackSun :Well I would have thought it was preferable to make it as much inconvenience as possible for the pathetic people who want to cheat. Nothing ruins a game more than having to play against cheats. If people were getting banned rather than just kicked for non cheat addons then that is a bit harsh but that's the risk you take for using an unsupported addon.
On the subject of cheats and lap times that are clearly impossible, would it not be possible to remove the times from the database? It's very annoying that times that were either done on a tweak server or by some cheat method are displayed.

For you any time is impossible because it is rubbish and does not accept that there are better players than you. You do not respect them for using a keyboard or whatever, you are the least likely to say anything.

Regarding the cheats thread and getting banned innocent
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG