The online racing simulator
Regarding the cheats thread and getting banned innocent
Just a little earlier I got CPW banned on WSD server I guess because of this: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1924396#post1924396
I also witnessed other people getting the CPW error thing and getting booted from the server.
I only use:
CSR.exe (Car sound remixer for those unfamiliar, nothing cheaty about it)
RevBouncerV3.53.exe
LFSLazy.exe

Really uncalled for, pls fix.Thumbs upHeart
I dont know what Scawen did, but it's really anoying now. Few players got banned apparently by any program that changes anything on memory, including rev bouncer.

At my revbouncer does not work editing RPM at memory region Smile
Quote from taipalsaari :Just a little earlier I got CPW banned on WSD server I guess because of this: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1924396#post1924396
I also witnessed other people getting the CPW error thing and getting booted from the server.
I only use:
CSR.exe
RevBouncerV3.53.exe
LFSLazy.exe

Really uncalled for, pls fix.Thumbs upHeart

RevBouncerV3.53 and LFSLazy works fine for me (tested ~2min ago) (vtec and templock now gets CPW, nice quick fix)

First ppl complain that there is poor cheat protection, now it is too strong, ehh...
#4 - BeNoM
Quote from Draggo :First ppl complain that there is poor cheat protection, now it is too strong, ehh...

Makes sense, seems to me like shitty cheat protection. Quite sad if it blocks three popular LFS addons that aren't cheats.
Quite sad that people do not read... I use Windows 10, if I mention that in a list it's automatically true that I get banned because I mentioned it in some list hhmm?

No idea what CSR.exe is.. Is it popular yes? Needed to Google it.. "car sound remixer" ..
Quote from cargame.nl :

No idea what CSR.exe is.. Is it popular yes? Needed to Google it.. "car sound remixer" ..

how else will a uf1 sound like a nyan cat ?
Quote from Draggo :RevBouncerV3.53 and LFSLazy works fine for me (tested ~2min ago) (vtec and templock now gets CPW, nice quick fix)

First ppl complain that there is poor cheat protection, now it is too strong, ehh...

Revbouncer also didnt give me CPW only on some servers, like one of the arab drift servers.

@cargame.nl I dont understand what you are trying to say there, I think what's sad instead is the limitations recently added to LFS, first it was made so the lfs strobe is unusable (backspace 3d keyboard on screen), now its RevBouncer.Dead banana

@BeNoM - I wholeheartedly agree.
I tried LFSr(ectum) on few "well known" demo servers (don't worry,not on this account Rofl ) and everything works fine (From clutch hack,speed hack,4-wheel steer etc) and didn't got any CPW disconnects...
#9 - BeNoM
Quote from cargame.nl :Quite sad that people do not read... I use Windows 10, if I mention that in a list it's automatically true that I get banned because I mentioned it in some list hhmm?

Is it popular in 2017? No. Was it popular in 2006? Yes, very.

Sadly, it still is a lot better than LFS' current and outdated sound engine. The BF1 sound in the default pack sounds really nice actually.

Quote from taipalsaari :first it was made so the lfs strobe is unusable (backspace 3d keyboard on screen),

So what?

If you would like to be extremely conservative install 0.5Z28, I don't see the problem.

I like to see this sim moving forward, updates are good.. Better cheat protection is also good. But lot of people now say that some InSims do not work anymore but I don't believe that. There are a lot of people which went completely crazy which modified all kinds of stuff which they don't even know anymore.

First do a clean install, then try ONE InSim / add on .. And if that doesn't work, then you have something to say. But now it's just a crappy report about -something not working-.
All this mess because someone cried over the least concern...mods and addons while complaining that modified servers couldn't get online like 10 years ago or so...isn't working now? shutup then

I don't see the problem of that I used every recent mod that works on normal servers, I even tapped couple of cars to test and...nothing happened just heard metal clipping each other and didn't caused the glitchy car explosion.

Oh boy CSR, LFSLazy and Revbouncer aren't allowed be used...best add-ons made by modders that poured all their passion to make this game better now it has been flushed away...if you stopped reading here.

If you people don't know the CPW error can be caused by having too much EXTRA dds and sound files, do a clean install and pick the stuff you like more and gg, just don't overdo on your favourite stuff.
(DISCLAIMER: IM NOT 100% SURE IF IT'LL CAUSE ANY ISSUE USING THE ADD-ONS WITH A FRESH CLEAN INSTALL)

I don't support this new anti-cheat, honestly the hacking issue on a server is between the server admin and the hacker, other players must witness the issue so admin can take action, final.

Eh, I held stupid updates until this one...I might back off from LFS for a while.
Quote from cargame.nl :So what?

If you would like to be extremely conservative install 0.5Z28, I don't see the problem.

I like to see this sim moving forward, updates are good.. Better cheat protection is also good. But lot of people now say that some InSims do not work anymore but I don't believe that. There are a lot of people which went completely crazy which modified all kinds of stuff which they don't even know anymore.

First do a clean install, then try ONE InSim / add on .. And if that doesn't work, then you have something to say. But now it's just a crappy report about -something not working-.

What insim are you talking about man?The only program (that isn't used for cheating) giving CPW right now is RevBouncer, it's a pretty good addon to LFS and it doesnt use insim.I honestly dont see what your problem is, are you in some sort of love relationship with LFS hating on everybody elses opinion?

If you dont have a clue what you are talking about then might aswell not talk about it my friendo.
Quote from Daniel564 :All this mess because someone cried over the least concern...mods and addons while complaining that modified servers couldn't get online like 10 years ago or so...isn't working now? shutup then

I don't see the problem of that I used every recent mod that works on normal servers, I even tapped couple of cars to test and...nothing happened just heard metal clipping each other and didn't caused the glitchy car explosion.

Oh boy CSR, LFSLazy and Revbouncer aren't allowed be used...best add-ons made by modders that poured all their passion to make this game better now it has been flushed away...if you stopped reading here.

If you people don't know the CPW error can be caused by having too much EXTRA dds and sound files, do a clean install and pick the stuff you like more and gg, just don't overdo on your favourite stuff.
(DISCLAIMER: IM NOT 100% SURE IF IT'LL CAUSE ANY ISSUE USING THE ADD-ONS WITH A FRESH CLEAN INSTALL)

I don't support this new anti-cheat, honestly the hacking issue on a server is between the server admin and the hacker, other players must witness the issue so admin can take action, final.

Eh, I held stupid updates until this one...I might back off from LFS for a while.

It's obviously not because of extra DDS etc. in this case because a lot of people got CPW banned simultaneously right after what Scawen said in that cheats/mods thread.In my case its because of RevBouncer (tried it earlier on Drift+Scorer and bam another 12 hours break ggwp)
Quote from taipalsaari :It's obviously not because of extra DDS etc. in this case because a lot of people got CPW banned simultaneously right after what Scawen said in that cheats/mods thread.In my case its because of RevBouncer (tried it earlier on Drift+Scorer and bam another 12 hours break ggwp)

hm...so with a stock empty clean install won't cause issues but with a single add-on will...hm...

So this CPW error is likely being triggered with a condition...if the memory of the game process is messed around a ban occurs e.e

This error is far too complex and idiotic on how it works, but from my POV is...if the memory of the game's process is altered a ban occurs...wat?

btw I'm not correct but I see the CPW error working as that <_>
Quote from Daniel564 :hm...so with a stock empty clean install won't cause issues but with a single add-on will...hm...

So this CPW error is likely being triggered with a condition...if the memory of the game process is messed around a ban occurs e.e

This error is far too complex and idiotic on how it works, but from my POV if the memory of the game's process is altered a ban occurs...wat?

btw I'm not correct but I see the CPW error working as that <_>

The CPW error occurs because of RevBouncer, a legit program that doesn't provide any advantage.Just try right now with a clean installed 0.6R + revbouncer and you will get CPW.
Quote from taipalsaari :The CPW error occurs because of RevBouncer, a legit program that doesn't provide any advantage.Just try right now with a clean installed 0.6R + revbouncer and you will get CPW.

Ok Then, I went online on a server I occasionally play, with LFS left as before including H20 Texture Pack, tons of engine sounds, even a mod that works online! + LFSLazy with Hachiroku(AE86)'s gauges on XRG.
And...nothing happened just went there like CPW ban didn't even exist.

So the issue comes from RevBouncer and since you confirmed it comes from that, I believe in you I don't need to test it if someone already did that and saw the result. Rofl

Also there's worse news about the revolutionary anti-cheat and here it comes...(see attached image).

Not only is useless, it blocked 2 great add-ons, rev-bouncer and CSR. gj
Attached images
AHAHAHAH.png
Quote from taipalsaari :The CPW error occurs because of RevBouncer, a legit program that doesn't provide any advantage.Just try right now with a clean installed 0.6R + revbouncer and you will get CPW.

Your problem is you miss one single but very important point. All those sort of programs aren't using an official interface/API. Instead they are using unsupported and manipulating ways to archive there goals.
If the LFS devs want to track memory changes in a general way to prevent cheating, its not legit to do that?

They often hear the community and might do it here too, but the way you call for is completely wrong
Quote from CLRS530 :Your problem is you miss one single but very important point. All those sort of programs aren't using an official interface/API. Instead they are using unsupported and manipulating ways to archive there goals.
If the LFS devs want to track memory changes in a general way to prevent cheating, its not legit to do that?

They often hear the community and might do it here too, but the way you call for is completely wrong

You sure about that? If so...where's the most dreamed cars like the RBR, RAR, Reborned LX8 often asked and inspired by the community?...that's right.
Quote from taipalsaari :In my case its because of RevBouncer (tried it earlier on Drift+Scorer and bam another 12 hours break ggwp)

I tryed revbouncer on two diferent PC (first with messy lfs installation, and second one with clean installation), on two diferent servers (digital rainbow and new blackwood demo) and it work for me fine, no CPW.
Quote from Draggo :I tryed revbouncer on two diferent PC (first with messy lfs installation, and second one with clean installation), on two diferent servers (digital rainbow and new blackwood demo) and it work for me fine, no CPW.

Please try it on WestsideDrifters and Drift+Scorer and tell me if you get CPW banned.Thank you

Edit: I just went on WestsideDrifters server with CSR.exe program and got CPW banned again. So now apparently Car Sound Remixer also causes CPW...
LFS developers can do whatever they want. We will always have two sides with different point of view, and each person (what includes me) thinking they have the "most right" opinion.

In fact, we cannot forget that Live for Speed is a racing simulator. Allowing undetectable cheating can really mess up the user experience. It's easy to detect many of existing cheats, but what happens if the user add 1% power to his car? It's almost nothing, but can save half second, what can be the difference between first and other place.

In other hand, blocking some addons can be a suicide. Unoficial addons, as the name says, are not official, but are not prohibited. If you see in the board index, there's a section only for them.

I think Scawen can do some changes in cheating system. Actually is not possible do run a modified server without a password (or I don't know how to). So, the only option to have players joining in a tweak server without pass is downloading from external providers. Maybe he can include a way to select with "protections" are enabled or not in a server.

Then, admins/players who dont want any kind of modifications can simply block them enabling all anti-cheating options. Admins/players who want to allow players to change car specs, or other modifications can enable separately.

Live for Speed is not made only by players who wanna race, or only by drifters, cruisers, or whatever. So, options should be there to consider all possibilities.
Quote from Daniel564 :You sure about that? If so...where's the most dreamed cars like the RBR, RAR, Reborned LX8 often asked and inspired by the community?...that's right.

Intended misinterpretation right? I didn't say they do all the community wants.
What I mean are reasonable features and suggestions like VR, the backward compatibility of old INSIM packages to unsupported but much used add-ons and more small things.
Quote from taipalsaari :Please try it on WestsideDrifters and Drift+Scorer and tell me if you get CPW banned.Thank you

Edit: I just went on WestsideDrifters server with CSR.exe program and got CPW banned again. So now apparently Car Sound Remixer also causes CPW...

WestsideDrifters + RevBouncer = DONE!
Attached images
tst.jpg
Quote from Skinzinho :LFS developers can do whatever they want. We will always have two sides with different point of view, and each person (what includes me) thinking they have the "most right" opinion.

In fact, we cannot forget that Live for Speed is a racing simulator. Allowing undetectable cheating can really mess up the user experience. It's easy to detect many of existing cheats, but what happens if the user add 1% power to his car? It's almost nothing, but can save half second, what can be the difference between first and other place.

In other hand, blocking some addons can be a suicide. Unoficial addons, as the name says, are not official, but are not prohibited. If you see in the board index, there's a section only for them.

I think Scawen can do some changes in cheating system. Actually is not possible do run a modified server without a password (or I don't know how to). So, the only option to have players joining in a tweak server without pass is downloading from external providers. Maybe he can include a way to select with "protections" are enabled or not in a server.

Then, admins/players who dont want any kind of modifications can simply block them enabling all anti-cheating options. Admins/players who want to allow players to change car specs, or other modifications can enable separately.

Live for Speed is not made only by players who wanna race, or only by drifters, cruisers, or whatever. So, options should be there to consider all possibilities.

You're goddamn right.
----

im just gonna waste a couple of hours to reinstall, no problem...

Regarding the cheats thread and getting banned innocent
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG