The online racing simulator
Public server list filters
(16 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
I would like really much to see current list filters (all, race, real, hard) replaced with:
  • ALL
  • RACE
  • DRIFT
  • CRUISE
Anyone feeling the same?
what makes a drift server?
Good question
#4 - lucaf
if no other soulution, at least drift filter would filter off server names containing "DRIFT" string. Better even, the string filter could be user defined
Also, the ability to filter Demo, S1, S2, S3 server
Only LFSLazy has this filter (when you are on Servers tab menu), but I'd like to see these license filters, and the filters lucaf said. It's weird LFS doesn't have a demo/s1/s2/s3 server filter tho.
If this system would come in then before servers could be hosted a small string in the cfg would be

ServerMode= 1
(
1: Race
2: Drift
3: Cruise
4: Other
)

Or
ServerMode= Race

Maybe a demo/s1/s2/s3 would be easier.

(I'd never have Drift servers on :c )
I've always allowed both racing and drifting on my server ...

I didn't just make up the name on my server for this post - it's been there a couple of weeks now (link).

I even made a drift scoreboard that shows for everyone that goes on my server, even if they only want to race, and it's been like that for a number of years now.

What if I don't want LFS to differentiate my server into either race or drift?
#9 - lucaf
Quote from sinanju :

thats why it would be most convenient to have user defined string filters
Quote from sinanju :

As I placed in my reply there would maybe be a string of 1-4 with 4 being "Other/Unspecified" which would be very useful for team servers, event servers, or servers that change a lot.
perhaps a entry in the server config where there's a line like /servertype= where 0 would mean race, 1 cruise, 2 drift and 3 other?
Drift has no unique server feature like cruise or race has, so its quite pointless. People running a drift server either have it in cruise or race, it's no point for them to have it on some driftmode so it only leads to more confusion and maybe even abuse.
Drifting is stupid and pointles
Quote from Jatimc :Drifting is stupid and pointles

Ehm... why? For me I do not enjoy drifting ( that much ) but how come it is stupid and pointless?
so easy and soon tyre blow
Big grin Now I understand it!

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG