The online racing simulator
The video was really good, what a shame..
Yeh... in this game really needs to be allowed to use 'official' mods offline like BeamNG. Just look how beautiful this GT-R is... (and some other models too). Anyway Live for Speed will always hold a special place in my heart. Heart
It's allowed but not on this forum. To avoid discussions.
I mean that BeamNG have a section called 'Mods 'on their official forum... why this forum can't have the same?
I don't know. Some rule beyond my registration date Razz
There is a difference between user added content and modying existing content. While in BeamNG (and AC,rF) users add extra content,in LFS it's not supported yet. Modifying existing model breaks up compatibility online,which is practically the main idea of LFS - it's online racing simulator as you know.

And for those who will come to swear on their mother's grave about vob mods being compatible online - some might work,but still it messes up everything - for example skins do not fit if you have a different model,while having different car model sizes cause ugly effects - like cars "melting" together if the replacement model is larger.

Scawen already posted that he intends to open LFS for user content,but that will happen when he considers LFS ready for that. Until then stay "underground" or use other modding simulators.
#8 - BeNoM
Quote from Eclipsed :Modifying existing model breaks up compatibility online

Ehh we still gonna spread fake rumours? Lol, ok.

Anyways, we don't have mod support because that's what the devs decided. It was and still is a stupid decision, but Scawen said mod support might be coming in the future.
Quote from BeNoM :Anyways, we don't have mod support because that's what the devs decided. It was and still is a stupid decision, but Scawen said mod support might be coming in the future.

It wasn't a stupid decision. It was explained some time ago that mod support wouldn't be made available until the engine was completely finished so that mods wouldn't need to be rebuilt every time a new patch was released.

Case in point: The people that come here looking for installs of version whatever so they can continue using their mods.
Quote from BeNoM :Ehh we still gonna spread fake rumours? Lol, ok.

Tried to read 2nd part of my post or was too exhausted after 1st sentence? Wrote it specially for likes of you.

Live For Speed - After The Rain (60 fps & super slow motion)
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG