The online racing simulator
New Brazilian reseller / BRLok closed
(91 posts, closed, started )
Dear LFS Racers,

I am writing with good news about a website "BRCruise" that recently started a new system known as "BRLok". It was a Brazilian replacement for the Russian "Pereulok" system that was closed down in December 2016.

Both of these systems allowed unlicensed users to use licensed content online. Pereulok had become a serious problem last year with more people online there than on the official master server. I am grateful to the owner of the Pereulok system for closing it down. We then heard from a lot of people that the price of LFS was too high in many countries, so we implemented the new price bands in time for the new year. Sales have improved and online activity has increased.

Today the owner of BRLok (user Skinzinho, real name Yuri) is also closing down his system. Recently we had a discussion and I suggested a solution that could help us all. And that is, for him to close BRLok, run his cruise server on the official master server and become a voucher reseller. International credit cards are not common in Brazil so many people could not buy a license, even with the new affordable prices. We have not found a way to directly support Brazilian local payment methods.

For many Brazilian people, it should be easier to get a license by buying a voucher from BRCruise because of the support for local payment methods. They will then be online with us and supporting our development.

Here is the link to BRCruise : www.lfsmultibrasil.net

- Scawen
Thanks to all players who supported me on this decision. Now we are able to keep Live for Speed development alive reselling the vouchers to brazilian players who does not have credit card or wanna pay by a bank slip (Boleto Bancário).

Also, Thanks to Scawen for the talking. I think this decision will be good for both sides. Hope players can join on our community and give us a chance to host their plays.

Smile
Parabéns
Now that is a suprising solution. Well done.
#5 - BeNoM
Well this is interesting to say the least... But good job on sorting it out Smile
What about that site offering car mods for download? If unknowning players install all that stuff it will probally bring problems for online play.

/edit
I think the store also blurs between what are official LFS licenses and what is third party content like teamspeak-servers or items for cruise server or being able to buy an "Unban" ( http://lfsmultibrasil.net/loja/br/16-itens ) To be honest it all seems bit strange.
Sensible
#8 - BeNoM
Quote from Gutholz :What about that site offering car mods for download? If unknowning players install all that stuff it will probally bring problems for online play.

"That site" as in thousands of sites and hundreds of file hosters that have mods? Good luck shutting that down...

Also since modding LFS isn't illegal or against ToS (AFAIK) you can't take the sites down.

Since most VOB mods don't mod that collision model there's no issue with online gameplay, the only mods that do are the first ones from 2010-2012 when VOB modding because a thing and literally no one downloads those low-poly pieces of crap.
I don't even see an issue in modding, it's just frowned upon on this forum for whatever reason.
The issue with .vob modding is that it messes up collisions, so, if you go on a public racing server and crash into a bunch of people whether it be on purpose or not, they will most likely go flying. I think it is not only frowned upon, but banned here because people don't want to be crashed into on a public server and go flying.
No, no it doesn't. It only messes up the collision if you change the collision model which literally no VOB modder does and no VOB mod has, stop spreading misinformation.

The only VOB mods that have modified collision models are old mods from 2010-2012 which no one uses anymore (good luck finding them anyways).

Even if they did change the collision model, you wouldn't go "flying" you would just get hit normally with invisible parts of the car or you would morph through a car a tiny bit.

It's banned here because the devs used to be anti-modding, but not it seems like they're opening up to it and we could see official mod support in the foreseeable future.
Well done, both of you guys!
I was waiting for it Big grin
Good Job
Also, Cry is free skinzinho.
Quote from BeNoM :No, no it doesn't. It only messes up the collision if you change the collision model which literally no VOB modder does and no VOB mod has, stop spreading misinformation.

The only VOB mods that have modified collision models are old mods from 2010-2012 which no one uses anymore (good luck finding them anyways)..

That contradiction tho....
Considering no one uses them and there's probably nowhere you can download them from, my point still stands.

P.S. Kek at people who take one sentence of your argument to convince themselves they're correct Smile Good point though, those two and a half words really made me rethink my argument... /s
It's not that vob-mods are "illegal" in any way - the devs just don't want to have to deal with them (or any other type of unofficial mod, for that matter) if they don't work as expected, as stated:
Quote from LFS Forum Rules of Conduct :"...we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them."

The point to take away from this is; use mods at your own risk.
Glad this turned out good! Awesome.
Quote from R0ut66 :I was waiting for it Big grin
Good Job
Also, Cry is free skinzinho.

Me too. I closed BRLok because I decided to. Now, as a reseller, I already received 25 new sales request on store for licenses. Should I cry? Don't think so.

BRCruise gained respect on cracked servers due it's team. And I believe we can do the same thing, or better, on official master server. Other players think the same and it explains some positive messages I received.

About VOB modding, I think Scawen would be the first to say for me to remove, if it's illegal by LFS rules, but he didn't. VOB mods can cause some issues while playing online, but it's up to server to choose ban, kick or do nothing.

About selling items like "unban" and things like, it's because I used the same store from my Cruise Server to sell licenses. Also, selling TeamSpeak slots isn't prohibited in this Country Smile

Again, thanks for all messages, even the swearings or complains Wink
Quote from Skinzinho :le quote

May I ask why you created BRlok in the first place?.

Im glad you decided to shut it down and act as a license/voucher reseller for Brazil and all, but really, what was the point of making BRlok?. Saying that a cracked community is better ain't a reason to create an unlocker..
I seriously don't understand what goes through their heads when making these unlockers tbh, both LFSPlok and BRlok creators. Why not just instead motivate these players to get a license instead like you are doing now? ye I know, not everyone has an international credit card, but still not a reason to use an unlocker to justify it...

Obviously who doesn't want to have all the content LFS has to offer? They can use Demo forever without any type of limiter, even go online, race, do PBs, Hotlaps, etc etc etc. Now they even got a new configuration for Blackwood, Historic. Like if that ain't enough, they got 3 cars to race/mess with, infinite and limit-less setup modifying, using and downloading skins...

But then again I appreciate that both repeat83 and you closed these unlockers for good (LFSP and BRlok respectively).
An unexpected solution, but I'm glad both parties were able to sort it out Smile
Quote from BeNoM :Considering no one uses them and there's probably nowhere you can download them from, my point still stands.

P.S. Kek at people who take one sentence of your argument to convince themselves they're correct Smile Good point though, those two and a half words really made me rethink my argument... /s

It isn't that, it is the fact that your argument already has a contradiction in it when it is only a few sentences old, i can't trust that so i am gonna have to ignore what you are saying. I might not be correct, but, i certainly can't be sure if you are.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :May I ask why you created BRlok in the first place?.

Im glad you decided to shut it down and act as a license/voucher reseller for Brazil and all, but really, what was the point of making BRlok?. Saying that a cracked community is better ain't a reason to create an unlocker..
I seriously don't understand what goes through their heads when making these unlockers tbh, both LFSPlok and BRlok creators. Why not just instead motivate these players to get a license instead like you are doing now? ye I know, not everyone has an international credit card, but still not a reason to use an unlocker to justify it...

Obviously who doesn't want to have all the content LFS has to offer? They can use Demo forever without any type of limiter, even go online, race, do PBs, Hotlaps, etc etc etc. Now they even got a new configuration for Blackwood, Historic. Like if that ain't enough, they got 3 cars to race/mess with, infinite and limit-less setup modifying, using and downloading skins...

But then again I appreciate that both repeat83 and you closed these unlockers for good (LFSP and BRlok respectively).

All He wants is money...
I saw a post where players would need to donate for brlok to continue online.
If You did not do what he want on his server you get banned and will have to pay the unban.
Also I am already banned from their servers.
Why? https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1920845
Quote from BeNoM :[...]
Even if they did change the collision model, you wouldn't go "flying" you would just get hit normally with invisible parts of the car or you would morph through a car a tiny bit.
[...]

Wrong.

If your VOB collision is smaller than the original (which can be a significant difference btw), then your car will not slow down until your car (on their screen) is actually inside the other player's. Due to internet latency and relatively low packet rates, your car can be inside theirs a significant way before their collision detection responds.
When the detection triggers, it will then push the other player's car away - how fast depends on how far your car was inside theirs. If it's more than a few inches, that can be quite fast.
You can test this effect by deliberately warping cars in to each other - there are a few ways of doing that without needing mods.

LFS uses some pretty good prediction to minimise or even eliminate this under normal circumstances, when collision meshes are synchronised. However, if the meshes are different across clients, it doesn't really work any more.

Even if the collision is slow enough to not cause significant warping (very difficult with internet latency), it is possible to push the other car away without it appearing to even touch yours on your screen.
In servers where there is close racing or other contact, that can give a clear advantage - if you can push them and they can't push you - and will ruin everyone else's enjoyment.

I've been admining servers where this has been a significant problem for several years. To the untrained eye, the problems often look like lag hits, but there are other clues and ways of testing for problems.
It's less of an issue these days now most collision mesh changes are caught by the new-ish OOS checks, however there are still some problems either due to certain VOBs/hacks bypassing the checks somehow, or when cars are damaged. The former was more common soon after the OOS changes, but I'm sure there are still a few around.

*The way the collisions work between different players with different apparent collision meshes is quite complex and hard to explain - I've probably missed something out.
Wow Scawen could go into politics, this is the solution of a true diplomat Thumbs up
nice
This thread is closed

(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG